Crystal announces Vaccine Requirement through 2022

SFO Peter

27 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

I was being diplomatic...

Do I want to be on a cruise with unvaccinated folks?   The answer is definitely no.

Peter

Glad we are all on the same page! I expect the other cruise lines to implement similar requirements. I wish they would do it now so everyone can plan but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it in quarterly increments or something similar. They seem to be perfectly happy holding on to people's money and having them keep rolling deposits over from one sailing to the next. Announcing this through '22 would likely mean many cancellations (though possibly more bookings form those reassured by it). It will be interesting to see. I can say that I do not plan to make my final payment for March if similar requirements have not been announced.

10 hours ago, kazu said:

We’ll see.  I’m pretty sure this will be an annual vaccine.  I could be wrong of course - I am often am 😉 

At least one of the manufacturers are working on a combined flu covid vaccination.  Hopefully that will be approved for next fall.

17 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Great news.  If HAL doesn't do the same, we may have to move up!

Might not be as expensive as you might think.  Until more destinations open up bookings are down and they have some pretty nice deals.  Also, if people can get used to a bit less space, everyone, regardless of stateroom gets the equivalent of a suite experience, and with all going on shipwide you likely wouldn't spend a lot of time in your room anyway.

Roy

On 9/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, SFO PETER said:

Crystal announced fleetwide vaccine requirement through all of 2022.   We are wondering if other cruise lines will follow.

Perhaps HAL can sail separate vaccinated from unvaccinated ships.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 8.15.47 PM

The "fine print", if you will, is that they are currently allowing a limited number of unvax'd children (under 12 but assume that will change once the vaccines are approved for younger children) and there's nothing to make me believe that will change in 2022.

From Crystal's website (highlighting is mine):

Crystal Serenity, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Endeavor are all scheduled to call in The Bahamas in 2021. Currently, The Bahamas requires that all guests submit a negative COVID-19 test five days prior to entering the country as part of its Health Visa application process.  Crystal continues to accept a limited number of children 11 and under on Crystal Serenity’s, Crystal Symphony’s and Crystal Endeavor’s sailings out of Miami as well as Crystal Endeavor’s current voyages in Iceland and Europe. Unvaccinated children must show a negative COVID-19 test at boarding and will be subject to certain restrictions onboard and onshore as detailed in the sections below. 

Further down the page it says:

However, Crystal will accommodate a limited number of unvaccinated children, 11 years and younger, who are ineligible for vaccines. All unvaccinated guests must be pre-approved after initial waitlist, subject to capacity control with proof of valid travel insurance.

59 minutes ago, mightycruisequeen said:

I'm also eager to see if HAL is going to keep or drop the vaccine requirement.

(and hasn't everyone pretty much expressed their preference about this dozens of times at least???)🥱😴

I’m pretty sure you have 🤣  We all know where you stand for sure 😄 😂

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, zelker said:

The "fine print", if you will, is that they are currently allowing a limited number of unvax'd children (under 12 but assume that will change once the vaccines are approved for younger children) and there's nothing to make me believe that will change in 2022.

From Crystal's website (highlighting is mine):

Crystal Serenity, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Endeavor are all scheduled to call in The Bahamas in 2021. Currently, The Bahamas requires that all guests submit a negative COVID-19 test five days prior to entering the country as part of its Health Visa application process.  Crystal continues to accept a limited number of children 11 and under on Crystal Serenity’s, Crystal Symphony’s and Crystal Endeavor’s sailings out of Miami as well as Crystal Endeavor’s current voyages in Iceland and Europe. Unvaccinated children must show a negative COVID-19 test at boarding and will be subject to certain restrictions onboard and onshore as detailed in the sections below. 

Further down the page it says:

However, Crystal will accommodate a limited number of unvaccinated children, 11 years and younger, who are ineligible for vaccines. All unvaccinated guests must be pre-approved after initial waitlist, subject to capacity control with proof of valid travel insurance.

I never thought that Crystal had that many children on board on any sailing.  But, I’ve been wrong before 😉 

54 minutes ago, kazu said:

I never thought that Crystal had that many children on board on any sailing.  But, I’ve been wrong before 😉 

HAL is not known for having a lot of children either, but some weeks in the past they would have hundreds of children for Club HAL.

This week on the NA I have spotted one teenager three times (the same one each time) but no other children seem to be on board.

2 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

HAL is not known for having a lot of children either, but some weeks in the past they would have hundreds of children for Club HAL.

This week on the NA I have spotted one teenager three times (the same one each time) but no other children seem to be on board.

I don’t disagree.  I tend to equate Crystal with Prinsendam sailings (smaller ship) so probably my error.  On P’dam there were only 2 children most times when I sailed on her.

I know on our Westerdam sailing we had some children - maybe 30 as I saw them as they were having pizza time as part of Club HAL.  

Right now, HAL is not letting any children on under 12 until the time comes they can be vaccinated.  It certainly seems like vaccination is coming soon for children 5+ 👍 

• Thanks 1

Crystal  is the only luxury line with a kids club but it is staffed only as demand requires.  It is NOT staffed at present and especially with the wait list and capacity control I would expect no more than one or two kids on any current sailing.  I would be more concerned with breakthrough cases among the vaccinated and they do rapid testing on everybody before boarding.

Roy

5 minutes ago, Lizofwisconsin said:

Called HAL to ask about 2022 vaccine policy.  We have Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise Jan 2, final payment next week. “We don’t know what vaccine policy will be next year, and don’t know when that will be decided”.  Very frustrating. 

It's extremely frustrating. It's getting down to the wire, and we still don't know if we should make the final payment, and look forward to our cruises, or cancel our cruises that we booked before there were even vaccines.

3 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

It's extremely frustrating. It's getting down to the wire, and we still don't know if we should make the final payment, and look forward to our cruises, or cancel our cruises that we booked before there were even vaccines.

Ohhh!

Perhaps, you should cancel before FP if it looks too 'complicated'. That's what I did (twice) this year. No regrets.

Currently, I'm in Southern Germany. Boy, I'm glad that I'm fully vax! The hotels and restaurants are asking for proof of vax. No, they're not keen on documentation that doesn't include Q codes etc.

Bon Voyage!!! 

22 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Many countries never required visitors to be vaccinated.  Relax.

I'm not sure I'm in agreement with you on this one.    These are countries requiring vaccinations as of Sept. 16th.  https://www.afar.com/magazine/travelers-with-covid-vaccines-can-visit-these-countries

These countries and territories are among the dozens of destinations now allowing vaccinated U.S. travelers to visit:

• Anguilla 
  • Armenia
  • Aruba
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Botswana
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Canada