Reflection - December 4, 2021 - getting nervous

spammie

Hi.  We are booked on the December 4th Reflection cruise.  I want to book my airfare and hotel but I'm getting nervous that the cruise is going to get cancelled.  When will the crew be called back and when we will we know 100% that these cruises are going to move forward?  I'm an "over planner" and this is making me nervous especially since people booked on the first cruise November 6th are not able to check in yet.

I do not know the real answer, but was on the Equinox August 2021 sailing. On the day of departure, sitting in the Retreat waiting for the ship to clear, we mentioned to a staff member that we were booked on the Reflection for Thanksgiving 2021. Their reply was "Don't count on it. It might be delayed in sailing."( It has a strategic function in Celebrity's restart.) So we got home and called our TA and did a 'Lift and Shift' to the Equinox (again) and rebooked the Reflection for April 2022. Did not want to 'gamble' with our vacation time. I would pick a ship that is presently sailing with paying passengers. 

We are also booked on the December 4 Reflection cruise and I  booked our flights yesterday.  

There were some earlier reports of Reflection starting to crew up and there has not been any cancellations of any of the November sailings so far.

Edited by DaKahuna
Correct date

Sure hope so.. we have final payment coming up for a January cruise 2021,   and plan to apply our FCC and BOA points to final payment.. no lift and shift possible at this time.  We do not need air  tix but would be a big mess if it was cancelled..been there done that  X 5

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, spammie said:

Hi.  We are booked on the December 4th Reflection cruise.  I want to book my airfare and hotel but I'm getting nervous that the cruise is going to get cancelled.  When will the crew be called back and when we will we know 100% that these cruises are going to move forward?  I'm an "over planner" and this is making me nervous especially since people booked on the first cruise November 6th are not able to check in yet.

Book airfare thru Celebrity Flights.  If cruise gets cancelled, they handle the flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The answer to your question is - you will know 100% when this cruise is moving forward on Nov 6; the day the first scheduled cruise for the Reflection to return to action.

With that being said, as mentioned above, crew were recalled this week & are currently quarantining on the boat.  Check out instagram to find some of their post.  I would also say this - Celebrity has brought several boats back to service already.  This is not their first sailing post Covid shutdown.  I'm comfortable that they know how to do this, have a procedure to do so & would be making arrangements at this point if they didn't think the Reflection was sailing in around 40 days or so.

Always subject to change in today's environment, but I'd be less nervous about your sailing than I was if I was on the Jun 26 of the Edge.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Team Stag said:

crew were recalled this week & are currently quarantining on the boat.  Check out instagram to find some of their post.  

Is anyone really sure that this current crew now being vaccinated and quarantined on the Reflection is meant to stay aboard the Reflection? Have these instagram postings mentioned they are destined to be on the Reflection? Just saying, do not be shocked should the Reflection be delayed a bit. The CDC is allowing these newly vaccinated crew members on the Reflection to be dispersed to other waiting Celebrity vessels without further quarantining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Is anyone really sure that this current crew now being vaccinated and quarantined on the Reflection is meant to stay aboard the Reflection? Have these instagram postings mentioned they are destined to be on the Reflection? Just saying, do not be shocked should the Reflection be delayed a bit. The CDC is allowing these newly vaccinated crew members on the Reflection to be dispersed to other waiting Celebrity vessels without further quarantining.

Similar to you, I'm only sharing information that was shared with me.  Of the two that have sent notes out; one was a performer & one was a bartender.  Both said they were contracted for the Reflection.  They listed when their flights were (last week) & that the next 2 weeks would be spent quarantining.  Then they begin training. So far they have been accurate on their accounts.

Can thing change?  Certainly.  Could they possibility be shipped off to another ship?  Yes.  Could the information that you received back in July have changed? Yes.  Things are changing regularly. 

When I look at the U.S. though, we seem to be opening more than we are closing.  Schools are open a lot of places, football stadiums are full, plays have returned to the theater, concerts & festivals are going on, etc.  Currently (by my bad math count) Celebrity has 8 ships sailing (2 are the small ones) and 6 still waiting to come on line.  The Connie & the Reflection are the next in line.  I do think the Connie goes as it is out of a new port for Celebrity (Tampa) and I could see where the Reflection potentially is delayed because the Apex & Edge are doing basically the same cruises in the same area.  But I think Celebrity has a business plan and they are going to continue pushing through.

Only time will tell what really happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On Edge right now. Staff member scuttlebutt changed. Reflection's first cruise to be Nov 13,2021. Reflection is being replaced as the quarantine ship for returning staff and crew by the Celebrity Eclipse as the quarantine ship. Solstice to start in June in Alaska.

Can you expand on this?  From whom did you hear this?  

The cruise director on the Reflection posted YESTERDAY, "Sail away Countdown: 33 days!" 
cruisedirectorhisteve on instagram

Edited by D C

10 minutes ago, D C said:

Can you expand on this?  From whom did you hear this?  

Please see post #2 this thread. Things are changing on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Countries are imposing new restrictions and forcing changes in itineraries. On board the Edge right now and am talking to staff. I good reporter does not divulge his contacts as they be reprimanded.

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Please see post #2 this thread. Things are changing on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Countries are imposing new restrictions and forcing changes in itineraries. On board the Edge right now and am talking to staff. I good reporter does not divulge his contacts as they be reprimanded.

No offense, but I'll take the word of the cruise director who is onboard the Reflection now, over unspecified 'staff' on a different ship.  

And there have been very few new restrictions that would affect the Reflection.  Grand Cayman has been a no-go for months.  Cozumel hasn't changed.  Key West is a matter of which cruise line wants to be first to piss off the locals.  Jamaica is open to cruise ships in Ocho Rios, but not yet Falmouth.

The Reflection has been gearing up for a restart on 06-Nov for a while.  It's not a surprise.

The Eclipse is sitting off the coast of San Diego with no itineraries until March.  

Unless there was some sort of major covid incident onboard the Reflection, it would make no sense to push back the start of the Reflection and take the revenue hit of having a fully staffed ship sitting idle. 

• Like 4