Another Death on the Virtuosa

LouChamp

1 hour ago, sidari said:

There will be people who were on that sailing who may have been unaware of the fact that MSC appear to have failed to inform those cruising that there was or has been an outbreak onboard.

Sid

As one who sailed on Virtuosa across the period of an alleged outbreak, I neither saw or have read anything to confirm there was a COVID-19 outbreak. Some, a very few, have reported contracting it following their cruise but that IMHO does not constitute an outbreak.

I do recognise this does not suit the narrative that some wish to have, but there is no firm evidence of an outbreak on board.....bad and careless behaviour against clear MSC protocols, yes absolutely, we did witness that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sidari said:

There will be people who were on that sailing who may have been unaware of the fact that MSC appear to have failed to inform those cruising that there was or has been an outbreak onboard.

Deleted, repeat post!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

Sid

As one who sailed on Virtuosa across the period of an alleged outbreak, I neither saw or have read anything to confirm there was a COVID-19 outbreak. Some, a very few, have reported contracting it following their cruise but that IMHO does not constitute an outbreak.

I do recognise this does not suit the narrative that some wish to have, but there is no firm evidence of an outbreak on board.....bad and careless behaviour against clear MSC protocols, yes absolutely, we did witness that.

MSC have previous form for not informing guests embarking of an illness outbreak on a previous week's sailing, so trust is not something that I hold MSC in high regard for.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

MSC have previous form for not informing guests embarking of an illness outbreak on a previous week's sailing, so trust is not something that I hold MSC in high regard for.

MSC has no obligation or any other cruise line to inform you. Trust is not any issue at all. Over the years there have been many quarantined for different reasons. If there was an outbreak on your cruise you can rest assured you would be notified and proper steps taken to protect each and every passenger. No cruise line would ever want there passengers in any danger at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

MSC has no obligation or any other cruise line to inform you. Trust is not any issue at all. Over the years there have been many quarantined for different reasons. If there was an outbreak on your cruise you can rest assured you would be notified and proper steps taken to protect each and every passenger. No cruise line would ever want there passengers in any danger at all.

This is MSC we are talking about!

6 hours ago, sidari said:

It's all conjecture, with so many negative comments lately it looks to me like you increasingly have a problem with MSC....maybe time for you to move on! 😉

• Like 3

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

Sid

Unfortunately I did.  The whole of Deck 8 was closed for Quarantine and part of Deck 11. A call went out ‘Deck 8 full red zone’, we asked our cabin steward what it was, as it’s not one we’d heard before and he said it was being used for crew isolation.  He then said they has 127 crew isolating or positive.  

This then explained the lack of staff around the ship and why the buffet wasn’t fully open.  The girl in the kids club said she didn’t usually do this job and was involved in housekeeping, but was helping as they had staff off.  

We also saw people get off in Southampton and Portland accompanied by people dressed in Hazmat suits, spraying the ground behind them.  

When we disembarked we tested positive.  However as it was the day we disembarked, our stats won’t be counted.    by MSC. I do know that Port Health got on in Southampton the following week, because I contacted them and they wrote to me to tell me what they had put in place, after their visit.  All things that should have been and anyone would have expected. 

37 minutes ago, K8T said:

Unfortunately I did.  The whole of Deck 8 was closed for Quarantine and part of Deck 11. A call went out ‘Deck 8 full red zone’, we asked our cabin steward what it was, as it’s not one we’d heard before and he said it was being used for crew isolation.  He then said they has 127 crew isolating or positive.  

This then explained the lack of staff around the ship and why the buffet wasn’t fully open.  The girl in the kids club said she didn’t usually do this job and was involved in housekeeping, but was helping as they had staff off.  

We also saw people get off in Southampton and Portland accompanied by people dressed in Hazmat suits, spraying the ground behind them.  

When we disembarked we tested positive.  However as it was the day we disembarked, our stats won’t be counted.    by MSC. I do know that Port Health got on in Southampton the following week, because I contacted them and they wrote to me to tell me what they had put in place, after their visit.  All things that should have been and anyone would have expected. 

I hope you’re feeling well and I’m sorry to hear that you tested positive. 

It sounds like there isn’t any “CDC” type guidelines to rate the cruise company’s Covid compliance practices as we have here in the states. 

8 hours ago, styles27 said:

I hope you’re feeling well and I’m sorry to hear that you tested positive. 

It sounds like there isn’t any “CDC” type guidelines to rate the cruise company’s Covid compliance practices as we have here in the states. 

Thank you, I’m still coughing, which  is annoying, but all okay.  Thank goodness we were all double vaccinated.  I dread to think what it would be like otherwise.  

I don’t  think we have anything like the CDC, we should, but once you get off the ship, you’re not in their stats.  Public Health England have been collating cases, but now the ship has gone to Europe, there’s probably not much they can do.    

A page has been set up on another social media site, for anyone testing positive after their MSC cruise and it makes shocking reading.  115 cabins just from a small group, over a three week period. Some occupied immediately after a positive case getting off and clusters of cabins at the end of corridors.  

Greenock Port Health confirmed to one passenger that he was one of 19 disembarking covid positive on one day.

MSC just  won’t reply to letters either., even the lady who died, her daughter has informed them, but they haven’t replied, not even to send condolences.  

it’s obvious there will be COVID on board ships, but you expect a company to be honest and put things in place to keep you as safe as possible.  

Edited by K8T
Grammar

2 hours ago, K8T said:

I’m glad you didn’t have a severe case and that you’re on the mend. Thank goodness for the vaccine. 

I don’t understand why, it sounds like MSC isn’t doing contact tracing and if they are they’re not doing a very good job of it. 
How quickly some people forget what we all went through with deaths, lockdowns and closed businesses for 12+ months 

Why risk going back to that?  Doesn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, intr3pid said:

Why do you need to know that airline you are flying may have a shady safety record?

You realize this is a false equivalency, right?

Forget for a moment the % chance of living in an airplane crash vs catching covid, the two aren't remotely similar at all.

A better analogy would be if an airplane experienced an issue while flying and chose not to tell you about it. While better, still not exactly the same thing. 

17 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Forget for a moment the % chance of living in an airplane crash vs catching covid, the two aren't remotely similar at all.

A better analogy would be if an airplane experienced an issue while flying and chose not to tell you about it. While better, still not exactly the same thing. 

"Experienced an issue"?  Like people dying after contracting COVID on board - which could have been me?

Edited by intr3pid

On 9/27/2021 at 2:31 AM, K8T said:

What measures did the Port Health authorities say they had put in place?

On 9/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, kidless said:

Divine is in orange status and Meraviglia is in yellow per the cdc. That means they have reported covid cases in last 7 days. The Meraviglus apparently had enough cases reported for CDC to investigate.

From another thread, The Divina status was because they had new crew members come aboard and in quarantine.   Don't know about the Mreaviglia.

5 hours ago, intr3pid said:

"Experienced an issue"?  Like people dying after contracting COVID on board - which could have been me?

So you ignored what I said and keep a false equivalency.

Not sure how you can think an airplane crash and being exposed to covid are even remotely similar.

I'll gladly take the latter *any* day of the week.

I guess for you the two are the same...

4 hours ago, sidari said:

MSC have not released anything to deny a second death or number of cases though have they! 

You are right!

They also haven't released a statement denying the tigers roaming throughout Top Sail in the YC, or the Polar Bears using the F1 Simulator.

They need to be more transparent!

From my experience on Seashore and Seaview this summer.

MSC DON'T CARE ABOUT COVID RULES AT ALL.

Same for smoking....every time I've bin on my balcony at YC I've seen, smelled and made pictures of, at least 5 person...

Every time complaint about, what's happening 😡 Exactly NOTHING

5 hours ago, sidari said:

MSC have not released anything to deny a second death or number of cases though have they! 

Why would you expect them to react to conjecture in relation to cases? Why would they deny a death on board, assuming it's on board deaths you refer to? Sadly, all cruiselines experience deaths on board from time to time and have a morgue to accommodate such!

• Like 1