Covid testing in Amsterdam by Avalon Waterways

Judicruise1

I know I need a Covid test within 72 hours of boarding the plane to the United States.  I read that Avalon will provide a free test before leaving the ship.  My question is when will they give us this test?  I would like to stay a few days longer in Amsterdam.  Is it possible to get the test the morning of embarkation?  Or what day do they give you the test?

We just got home from a 21 day Avalon cruise with extensions, Prague to Bucharest.  They did testing at various times depending on how long you were staying post cruise and how much of that time was with Avalon (in a cruise extension.)  For those flying out within 2-3 days of disembarkation, they tested on the ship the night before disembarkation.  They have some crew members trained, the results are sent to a German lab who certifies them, and the results were emailed back in a couple hours.  For those leaving after the extension, they had a service come to the hotel the last night, do the test and the results were printed out at the hotel front desk, available for pickup about 3 hours later.

Both were rapid antigen tests, so you will know your result within 5 minutes, which was nice for peace of mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ljandgb said:

We just got home from a 21 day Avalon cruise with extensions, Prague to Bucharest.  They did testing at various times depending on how long you were staying post cruise and how much of that time was with Avalon (in a cruise extension.)  For those flying out within 2-3 days of disembarkation, they tested on the ship the night before disembarkation.  They have some crew members trained, the results are sent to a German lab who certifies them, and the results were emailed back in a couple hours.  For those leaving after the extension, they had a service come to the hotel the last night, do the test and the results were printed out at the hotel front desk, available for pickup about 3 hours later.

Both were rapid antigen tests, so you will know your result within 5 minutes, which was nice for peace of mind.

thank-you