Ontario - Convert Your Vaccine Receipt to Your Apple Wallet

Robjame

21 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

I tried to scan my wife’s pass with my phone , it can up red , not found 🤔

Were you using the verifier app from Grassroots? (Generally, there is no reason for you to have installed it.) I don't think that just scanning the QR code will work.

20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Were you using the verifier app from Grassroots? (Generally, there is no reason for you to have installed it.) I don't think that just scanning the QR code will work.

I had the put the code that was on iCloud instead of my IPhone into my wallet 

learning curve 😁

Also noticed they are showing the vaccines new names on the pass which was not there yesterday 

Edited by Airbalancer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Why would that cause confusion?

We know how cruise lines and CDC have dealt with mixed vaccines, two different names of Astra Zeneca, etc.

Call your cruise line and ask if they accept two doses of Spikevax.

I will keep my paper records that identify my vaccines as Pfizer.

Well I give up.  Managed to download the Ont. file without difficulty (at least 3 times!) and followed all the prompts.  Added it to my Wallet from both iPhone and iCloud but neither QR code can be read by my wife’s iPhone.  Just get a big X.  Guess I’ll wait until Monday night when my 2 daughters come for dinner- their phones are permanently affixed to the ends of their arms so hopefully they’ll figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, thon said:

Well I give up.  Managed to download the Ont. file without difficulty (at least 3 times!) and followed all the prompts.  Added it to my Wallet from both iPhone and iCloud but neither QR code can be read by my wife’s iPhone.  Just get a big X.  Guess I’ll wait until Monday night when my 2 daughters come for dinner- their phones are permanently affixed to the ends of their arms so hopefully they’ll figure it out.

How did you download the Ontario file, by going directly to the OMH website or by going to the Grassroots program and downloading it from there? It will only work if you do it from within the Grassroots program. As I had downloaded copies previously and didn't want to waste time going through the process again, I tried using one of them to no avail, but as soon as I followed the instructions and carried out all the steps in the program, it worked perfectly.

Let us know how your daughters do on Monday! 😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thon said:

My wife was able to get everything done on my phone.  I have no idea why the 3 times I tried at our cottage on the weekend didn’t work.  Worked great!

So you are saying now that both your wife and daughters are more adept at mastering e-devices? 😇

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

So you are saying now that both your wife and daughters are more adept at mastering e-devices? 😇

Absolutely - but don’t  tell them I said that!  However, I am still master of the tv remote😀

I had no problem downloading from the Ont site and and then adding it to my wallet.  But when I then scanned it with my wife’s iPhone all I got was a big red X instead of the nice green check mark.  3 times!  Now when the province comes out with their QR code in October I’ll let my wife add it to my phone.

1 minute ago, thon said:

Absolutely - but don’t  tell them I said that!  However, I am still master of the tv remote😀

I had no problem downloading from the Ont site and and then adding it to my wallet.  But when I then scanned it with my wife’s iPhone all I got was a big red X instead of the nice green check mark.  3 times!  Now when the province comes out with their QR code in October I’ll let my wife add it to my phone.

LOL. My only problem is that I haven't had the opportunity to actually use the darn thing yet.

I had the vaccine receipt pdf's already so I just downloaded them to my Samsung phone and open the last one in my Adode Acrobat app. I'm not thrilled with the idea of putting a photo of my driver's license on my phone too unless I can make sure it doesn't get back up in the cloud somewhere. 

5 hours ago, thon said:

I have no idea why the 3 times I tried at our cottage on the weekend didn’t work.

Too much beer. 

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Women and girls rock.  And we're very adept at tech  (disclaimer: I'm not his wife or daughter). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing that I hadn't thought about until this morning was whether it works with an Apple watch Wallet like credit cards do. So I just tried it and it does! Select Vaccination Receipt from the Wallet on the watch and the QR code fills the watch face. Scanned that with my iPhone and up popped the green check mark and "Verified".

7 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I had the vaccine receipt pdf's already so I just downloaded them to my Samsung phone and open the last one in my Adode Acrobat app. I'm not thrilled with the idea of putting a photo of my driver's license on my phone too unless I can make sure it doesn't get back up in the cloud somewhere. 

The Grassroots process I believe requires a freshly downloaded receipt. It isn't just a display of the vaccine receipt.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The Grassroots process I believe requires a freshly downloaded receipt. It isn't just a display of the vaccine receipt.

Looks like the process has to get a copy directly from the ON site. Presumably to insure validity of the data.

23 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Absolutely! Rock on!!!

If your cursor starts moving uncontrollably in the next few minutes, I may or may not have something to do with it. * 😑

*lame attempt at humour, in case you are alarmed and inclined to report this to CC

Edited by lots-of-km2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

If your cursor starts moving uncontrollably in the next few minutes, I may or may not have something to do with it. * 😑

*lame attempt at humour, in case you are alarmed and inclined to report this to CC

Contrary to what you claim, I really don't think that you need more coffee!:classic_wacko:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Looks like the process has to get a copy directly from the ON site. Presumably to insure validity of the data.

That's what I meant; I just didn't word it right.

As an aside, I checked my QR code by sending a screenshot from my phone to my email. When I viewed it with my phone from the desktop email, it worked properly; it showed the verified check mark.

We're in Saskatchewan where everything is blowing up right now.  We are begging our premier to ask for federal help now, as numbers are out of control.  However, the government was smart enough to mandate proof of vaccine for many venues and businesses starting tomorrow.  We have our MySKHealth record QR codes in our phones and have transferred them to a SK Vax Wallet app, implemented yesterday.  Until then, we used Apple Wallet.  The venues and businesses also have free access to a Vax Verifier App, used to quickly scan customers' codes.  QR codes are fantastic, as they are hard to forge and offer instant vaccine proof.  They also do not allow anyone to access any other private medical information.  Hopefully, this will assuage the fears of the many who are hesitant or mistrustful.