Past guest offer. How to ensure two extra points are applied to my reservation?

lixogab

Couple of days ago a fellow cruiser posted here a sad story that NCL didn't honor the two extra points past guest offer.

I checked the NCL site and noticed couple of weird things:

- If you search for a cruise (pick your favorite within next few months) the Past guest offer DOESN'T show up among the promotions.

- When you log in and search for a cruise, the Past Guest offer DOES show up.

- However, if you complete a mock reservation, it doesn't show that offer:

- If you choose a sailaway rate (IX,OX,BX, etc) it says:

" YOUR OFFERS: All guests received 30% off cruise fares. Enjoy a $50 Per Tour Shore Excursion Credit. Offer has been applied to Guest 1. " .

- If you choose a non-sailaway rate, it says "YOUR OFFERS: All guests received 30% off cruise fares. Your stateroom includes Free Excursion Credits and WiFi. Plus, you added Free Unlimited Beverages for all guests 21 years or older, and Specialty Dining Packages for Guests 1 & 2."

It doesn't mention the 2 additional points.

Question for those who already booked under this offer: Do you see the offer mentioned anywhere in the documents sent by NCL ?

After reading about the fellow cruiser who did not get her extra points I called my Travel Agent as I did not see it reflected in any of my paperwork. He confirmed it was on his paperwork and sent me a copy so I have it for my records.

I can't see any reference on my invoice. When will points show on your account? Is it after you completed the cruise? I had 7 points before booking my upcoming cruise and still have 7 points showing. 

Also, on another note, any idea why my wife and I might be showing as different 'client types' on my invoice? I'm showing as bronze and my wife as 'prospect'? 

28 minutes ago, deek72 said:

I can't see any reference on my invoice. When will points show on your account? Is it after you completed the cruise? I had 7 points before booking my upcoming cruise and still have 7 points showing. 

Also, on another note, any idea why my wife and I might be showing as different 'client types' on my invoice? I'm showing as bronze and my wife as 'prospect'? 

Yes, you do not get the points till your cruise is complete. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, deek72 said:

It sounds as if her NCL account number is missing.

• Like 1

Great conversations here, saved me a call to NCL.

Personally, I find the use of “LATDBLX” a bit confusing, as it made me think it was double the points (meaning two total per night in a regular room, not three as the promotion implies).  “DBL” makes me think double, not “two additional”

I was going to call and make sure but this threat makes me feel better!

It is my understanding that LATDBLX is 2 points per night, and LATREW is 1 point per night. I only have recent experience with the triple points, but one would think for double points you would see LATDBLX. 

This screenshot of an invoice was for my 9/4 sailing, and I indeed got triple points. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.54.21 AM.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, julig22 said:

I believe LATDBLX is the code for double points. The only place that it shows (other than the notice when you book), as far as I know, is on the NCL invoice.  Only applies to cruises through March 31, 2022.

image.png.0e6980b867e87411c500bf0cb59ef1b7.png

I have a cruise for July 2022 where it is applied (LATDBLX  for 2 extra points per night), but the reservation was done a few months ago so probably a different past-guest-offer with different time-spands. 😀

I might have been the one the OP is referring to. My TA contacted the Latitudes Department when we got back and only the regular 1 point was applied and they simply said that it wasn't eligible. My TA then wrote back showing proof that it was and they never had the decency to respond back to him or me.

I know that I am not the only one from my sailing that had this happen to them. NCL's shoreside customer service is absolutely terrible. This issue with the points was the icing on the cake for cancelling my December cruise with NCL and selecting a different cruise line. We had a very bad experience on Encore as well. I will say that this doesn't feel like the NCL that I have sailed on in the past. Del Rio needs to stop worrying about nickel and diming their guests and worry more about making sure they have a good time and do what's right for them.

• Like 2

I am not sure how you get the offer and who gets it.  I booked a cruise on Feb 10, 2021 for sailing on March 20, 2022.  No offer or promo code for triple points appears on my booking.

I booked a cruise in May for the July 26, 2021 sailing and I got the triple points for that cruise.  Was it only offered for a period of time?

I would like to get the triple points for my March cruise - any hope for that at this point?  Any suggestions on getting it added or is it only at time of booking?

6 hours ago, deek72 said:

That's happened to me on both NCL and Princess... depending on how you book (e.g. directly, through a travel agent, Costco, whatever) the system recognized you as a past guest but didn't sync with your wife's existing account so it created a new one for her.

Call in and have them add your wife's Latitudes number to the booking before you sail. It doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but saves having to visit the desk once on board to get it sorted out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

I am not sure how you get the offer and who gets it.  I booked a cruise on Feb 10, 2021 for sailing on March 20, 2022.  No offer or promo code for triple points appears on my booking.

I booked a cruise in May for the July 26, 2021 sailing and I got the triple points for that cruise.  Was it only offered for a period of time?

I would like to get the triple points for my March cruise - any hope for that at this point?  Any suggestions on getting it added or is it only at time of booking?

The past guest offers change monthly.  The only way to get it added to a current reservation is to re-book that reservation.  However, you get what is currently in play, so you could gain/lose perks and the price could change.  I was lucky - my February cruise went down, plus I got the double points by re-booking a few weeks back.

• Like 1

I had the same question, called and talked to a very nice lady who assured me that I was getting a total of three points per night.  She also managed to get us an additional discount for some unknown reason, sent a new invoice with the change even though I was booked thru a local TA.  Give it a try if you have any questions.  

On our August 7th cruise, Guest 1 (The Bird) got three points per night. Guest 2 only got one point per night. The Bird submitted a "missing cruise" inquiry from the cruise history screen for Guest 2 and the two additional points were added after a couple of weeks. 

So, it was more that the system is still not set up correctly (a mistake) vs. not honoring the three point deal. (Guest 1 and Guest 2 are both Platinum Plus latitude members (with no hope of ever being an ambassador 😄)).

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, zerooveride said:

I might have been the one the OP is referring to. My TA contacted the Latitudes Department when we got back and only the regular 1 point was applied and they simply said that it wasn't eligible. My TA then wrote back showing proof that it was and they never had the decency to respond back to him or me.

I know that I am not the only one from my sailing that had this happen to them. NCL's shoreside customer service is absolutely terrible. This issue with the points was the icing on the cake for cancelling my December cruise with NCL and selecting a different cruise line. We had a very bad experience on Encore as well. I will say that this doesn't feel like the NCL that I have sailed on in the past. Del Rio needs to stop worrying about nickel and diming their guests and worry more about making sure they have a good time and do what's right for them.

Thank you.

Did they provide any explanation why you are supposedly not eligible ?

I was trying to guess  what could go wrong in your case.

- Some NCL system glitch. NCL  (and all other cruise companies ) lost a lot of money during the cruise ban, so  I guess they  let go many people, including the most paid (= the best )  from the IT dept.

- Somehow your booking date is wrong (could be caused by a system glitch as well)

- The 2 addtl points are available only for existing lattitude menbers, meaning that a new customer  will not get 3 points, just one. If during the booking your TA didn't provide your lattitude number, but added it later, that could trigger the NCL system not applying the promotion.

Hope they will fix it an you'll get your points.

In any event Note this:

From:  Latitudes Rewards Program Overview | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Points are credited after the cruise - - -

Keep checking your account and don't wait too long to bring this to the attention of NCL.

15 hours ago, lixogab said:

Did they provide any explanation why you are supposedly not eligible ?

They told us that the booking wasn't made until 07/01/2021, the day after the promotion ended. I have an invoice showing it was created on 06/14/2021, but have yet to hear back since we provided it. 

15 hours ago, lixogab said:

The 2 addtl points are available only for existing lattitude menbers, meaning that a new customer  will not get 3 points, just one. If during the booking your TA didn't provide your lattitude number, but added it later, that could trigger the NCL system not applying the promotion.

Booked every NCL cruise I have ever done with this agency and they have both mine and my wife's latitudes number and it was on the invoice for both of us.

I sail today on Epic which currently offers LATDBLX but my booking was made months ago and us part of a group booking so I only have LATITUDE, I will not get the extra points on this sailing and I don't expect them.

I have a booking for May 2023 which does show LATDBLX on the confirmation because it was booked when every sailing qualified but I know if I change the booking, ie upgrade my cabin or do a price match, I will move to whatever the current promo is and I will lose my extra points

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, zerooveride said:

They told us that the booking wasn't made until 07/01/2021, the day after the promotion ended. I have an invoice showing it was created on 06/14/2021, but have yet to hear back since we provided it. 

Just found one interesting thing.

NCL doesn't mention that on the insider web page not on the email, but the offer terms and conditions https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer/terms?hide_hf=true

say that the offer is:

"Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories)."

I planned to book a BX, because I don't really care what exact room I get as soon as it's a balcony.

Now I have to think what to do.

And the double point offer ends tomorrow...