The Daily for Thursday September 23, 2021

richwmn

Today is Checkers Day, Dogs in Politics Day, and UK's National Fitness Day

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. - Harvey Fierstein

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Portobello Burger With Onion Jam

Drink of the Day - Daiquiri

Wine of the day - Pazo de Señorans Albariño Rias Baixas 2016

Destination of the Day - Dravuni Island Fiji

Ships with Passengers

Ketchikan, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 07:00 - 16:00

Piraeus, Athens, Greece
Eurodam 07:00 - 23:59

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Westerdam Destination Ensenada MX eta 9/26
Zuiderdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Noordam Anchorage

Port Everglades FL
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage
Rotterdam Anchorage

0923Europe.thumb.png.af45a0424d8180db30f8ca7c9c911251.png

0923NAmerica.thumb.png.566bd7d021aa05b72682c5efce96fe48.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Dogs in Politics will be popular here.  I haven't played checkers for many years.  National Fitness Day should be universal and not just in the UK.  I will celebrate this with my Cardio Rehab today.  @grapau27 should now be about 2 hours away from his procedure.  I love the quote.  Have not been to Dravenai Island.  I like the meal.  My alternative is Railroad French Toast as served on the Empire Builder the day I arrived in Seattle (September 23, 2017) to board MS Oosterdam.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/frenchtoast.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Grapau27 cataract surgery
Sam in rehab an hour away from home and Mamaofami insurance hassles
From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
1 day forCruising-along (Perhaps this should be Bon Voyage since when tomorrow's daily arrives boarding should be starting)
HAL4NOWat sea
Welcome home Overhead Fred
NextOne helping with family move
Welcome home Lindaler
Seasick Sailor feeling better after thrush
Icand9223 away on river cruise
Booster for Quartzite Cruiser
SusieKislandGirl in Colorado with grandsons
full range of motion for cat shepard
Welcome home Dfish
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

According to the weather network, we've had over 61mm of rain (over 2 inches) in the last 24 hours.  It's not raining at the moment, but showers are in the forecast for this afternoon.  Wish we had some sunshine, maybe tomorrow.🤞

A great collection of days.  Dogs in politics!  Great, better than some people we elect.😁  Fitness should be a goal every day.  I haven't played checkers in years, maybe we'll play a game or two to pass the time.

Love the quote, words to live by.

The meal sounds good, and I bet the onion jam is terrific.

I'd love a daiquiri, especially in the Crow's Nest of a BHB.   Hope the wine is good and not too expensive.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Dogs in Politics will be popular here.  I haven't played checkers for many years.  National Fitness Day should be universal and not just in the UK.  I will celebrate this with my Cardio Rehab today.  @grapau27 should now be about 2 hours away from his procedure.  I love the quote.  Have not been to Dravenai Island.  I like the meal.  My alternative is Railroad French Toast as served on the Empire Builder the day I arrived in Seattle (September 23, 2017) to board MS Oosterdam.

Today’s care list:

Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
From the rotation:

2 BHB with passengers
1 day forCruising-along (Perhaps this should be Bon Voyage since when tomorrow's daily arrives boarding should be starting)
HAL4NOWat sea
Welcome home Lindaler
Welcome home Dfish
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for your mention Roy in today's lists.

It is currently 11.54am in the UK 62°F partly cloudy and windy.

Graham.

• Like 22

Good morning everyone and thanks for the report Rich. Where is this week going? Checkers is a lot of fun although I haven’t played in a long time.  Why am I picturing one of those paintings of dogs on black velvet? Happy fitness day to all of our UK readers.  Great quote today as well as meal selection.  A real daiquiri is a tasty drink although fresh lime juice does get to me sometimes.  Haven’t been to today’s port and definitely look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers to all on our prayer list today and a high five to all of you celebrating a happy event!

• Like 25

Good morning all Daily folks!  

Interesting that Checkers Day and Dogs in Politics Day meet...wasn't Richard Nixon's dog named Checkers?  Talk about a coincidence!

Love the Fierstein quote, love daquiris...not a fan of portobello but Roy's alternate is one I know I would love...breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites!!

@grapau27 wishing you the best today for a successful procedure and easy recovery.

Good thoughts to all who need extra care today and high-fives to those celebrating.  Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful Fiji photos you all have to share.

Rain expected here in NJ today but that will be the price to pay for a nice weekend.  I'm headed to New Castle DE on Saturday to the Art in the Park Festival.  My sister is a potter and will have a booth at the show, very excited to see in person the beautiful pieces she has shared photos of as they came out of the kiln.  My niece will also be there, and will be so nice to see her in person - thanks to the pandemic, it's been about two years since we last hugged.

Have a great day all!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Thank you so much Roy for your dedication in compiling care list's and celebrations and your kind mention of my cataract op in a few hours time.

I had to Google to find Checkers day and American dog day are linked with Mr Nixon and there always being a dog in the White House.

National fitness day is an event we should all try to do every day for our own health.

An excellent quote for today and one we should all adhere too.

Interesting food and drink of the day.

I am looking forward to seeing photos of today's port as we have never been there.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a pleasant and safe day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210923_114957.jpg

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Good morning all Daily folks!  

Interesting that Checkers Day and Dogs in Politics Day meet...wasn't Richard Nixon's dog named Checkers?  Talk about a coincidence!

Love the Fierstein quote, love daquiris...not a fan of portobello but Roy's alternate is one I know I would love...breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites!!

@grapau27 wishing you the best today for a successful procedure and easy recovery.

Good thoughts to all who need extra care today and high-fives to those celebrating.  Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful Fiji photos you all have to share.

Rain expected here in NJ today but that will be the price to pay for a nice weekend.  I'm headed to New Castle DE on Saturday to the Art in the Park Festival.  My sister is a potter and will have a booth at the show, very excited to see in person the beautiful pieces she has shared photos of as they came out of the kiln.  My niece will also be there, and will be so nice to see her in person - thanks to the pandemic, it's been about two years since we last hugged.

Have a great day all!

Thank you msmayor.

• Like 8

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists.

Interesting collection of days. Last time I played checkers was with my grandson. 

I woud vote for my dog over many of our politicians here in Florida.

The meal sounds great and we are expecting another warm day which woud be good for a daiquiri.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 24

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Thank you so much Roy for your dedication in compiling care list's and celebrations and your kind mention of my cataract op in a few hours time.

I had to Google to find Checkers day and American dog day are linked with Mr Nixon and there always being a dog in the White House.

National fitness day is an event we should all try to do every day for our own health.

An excellent quote for today and one we should all adhere too.

Interesting food and drink of the day.

I am looking forward to seeing photos of today's port as we have never been there.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a pleasant and safe day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210923_114957.jpg

Good luck with your surgery.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Melanie.

I understand the dog is checkers Mr Nixon's dog.

Graham.

Actually, Checkers was a black and white cocker spaniel.  In the 50's, Nixon was accused of improperly accepting the dog as a gift. He gave a speech to tell his side of the story - famously called  the "Checkers Speech".

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, jimgev said:

Actually, Checkers was a black and white cocker spaniel.  In the 50's, Nixon was accused of improperly accepting the dog as a gift. He gave a speech to tell his side of the story - famously called  the "Checkers Speech".

Thank you.

I had to Google today's days because I had never heard the American ones before and that dog picture was linked to the Nixon story so assumed that was his dog.

Graham.

• Like 11

Happy Thursday.  I love to play checkers.  Dogs in politics?  And UK fitness day, congratulations.

Unique quote.  I'll pass on the meal.  Going to be another hot humid day.  Will enjoy our cart ride and then the pool.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Good luck with your surgery @grapau27.

Dacquiri:

Daiquiri is a family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum, citrus juice, and sugar or other sweetener. The daiquiri is one of the six basic drinks listed in David A. Embury's classic The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks, which also lists some variations. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Rum
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz White rum, 1 oz Lime juice, 1/2 oz Simple syrup
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain in chilled cocktail glass.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Half a lime slice
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 7.24.13 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s care list:

Western wildfires
StLouisSal’s friend
From the rotation:

2 BHB with passengers
HAL4NOWat sea
Welcome home Lindaler
Welcome home Dfish

Roy

Very best wishes for your cardio rehab day today Roy.

I hope everything goes to plan and you are feeling a lot better.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1