The Daily for Thursday September 23, 2021

richwmn

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Oskar is actually a shihtzu- I don’t know where the name came from.

BCBF18D1-E564-4088-8736-F1E79A45C09F.thumb.jpeg.6b4e0e9539600183041851204d24672b.jpeg

And I have been trying for a while to post using my phone, but CC has been adding the whole thread to my post, right from page 1!   Hope my iPad is better behaved.

OMG.....I'm in love!   😍

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu can you tell/show me how to post my email without it showing?  My email is my actual full name so don't want it out there for all to see.

Does your email provider allow you to set up an alias or secondary email address that is something else?  I use primarily yahoo and have set an alias rafinmdcc-info as a secondary address which I will use on cruise critic instead of my real name.

Roy

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Does your email provider allow you to set up an alias or secondary email address that is something else?  I use primarily yahoo and have set an alias rafinmdcc-info as a secondary address which I will use on cruise critic instead of my real name.

Roy

No but I do have an alternate email that I could use.  I'll keep trying.  I really do appreciate the Daily family allowing me to test here.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

A miracle has taken place! I was actually able to post my picture on the Navigator App. It’s not very becoming but it’s there!😱

I have to do a laugh emoji because of your miracle but so glad it worked for you.

None of those pics are becoming - who cares?  It’s there 👍 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I clicked on it, Sharon, and it just refreshed the Daily page.  🤷‍♀️

I know, darn it.  I give up for now. 

So, if @lindalerand @lazey1could email me at incrociatore at aol dot com I'd appreciate it.  The 4 of us are all on the October 10 cruise and I'd like to get together (and not the entire roll call).  I'll just check that alternate email for this reason.  Please put CC in the subject line. 

Thanks all!

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

BCBF18D1-E564-4088-8736-F1E79A45C09F.thumb.jpeg.6b4e0e9539600183041851204d24672b.jpeg

And I have been trying for a while to post using my phone, but CC has been adding the whole thread to my post, right from page 1!   Hope my iPad is better behaved.

Thanks.  He's a cute dog.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I find my ipad much easier to post pics from but as I said, I’m here if needed. 😉.  You look like you are doing fine ad he’s such a sweet pup.  Why oh why didn’t we get a small one like that?

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu Thank you!  this is a test to see if it works.

Sorry delayed as Miko just knocked our speaker over in huge excitement about what I don’t know.  Grrrr.

I have been telling DH for weeks it is not secure enough as it is close to the dogs’ exit outside.  Oh well.

I got the Daily not your email.  Did you put the quotes in?  If you want to email me I can take a look at your input and see if I can spot it.  Believe me, once CC changed the format it took a lot to get my email back and some help 😉 

And the suggestion to put in an alternate email is a good one.  Mine doesn’t have my name in the address.  Way back when - I was on a pilot of the email and internet here (it was free but I swear the IT guys were here once a week for hours).  so my email is really, really old. 

And the first advice I was given was not to have my name in it but something else.  So, my email wasn’t the most professional when I was dealing with business but no one seems to mind 😆 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, superoma said:

Well, I just added my email to my signature so let’s see if it works. Thanks for the instructions @kazu in any case. 

wet and cool here. Over 5 inches of rain in two days. 

Can’t see your signature to test it, sorry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, superoma said:

And it isn’t working. It sends me to a gmail log in page but that won’t help anyone trying to email me. Will continue to tweak it!

Drop me an email with a pic of what you have and we can work on it if you want.  It worked for me 👍 

I had to reach out for tech support from a good CC friend.  I was doing one little thing wrong.  That’s all it took.

Just click in my signature where it says “email me”. Tested it to be sure and it’s still working.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

Drop me an email with a pic of what you have and we can work on it if you want.  It worked for me 👍 

I had to reach out for tech support from a good CC friend.  I was doing one little thing wrong.  That’s all it took.

Just click in my signature where it says “email me”. Tested it to be sure and it’s still working.

Email and screen shots sent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Sure will Sharon.

click on your name in the upper right hand corner so you see this 

7BE00E54-BF43-431E-8D14-580FC0092176.thumb.png.3e803a41f21dcad7dab1e12bbb187bf1.png

click settings

then select signature

0B49F7FF-378C-4F8C-A449-7E5F7EE09F64.thumb.png.0e9df4da5fc36542db6f96b46841b88f.png

In the upper line next to the smiley face is squiggly thing  (left hand side) that’s the link emoji.  Click that  and this will come up.

4DD2D1CD-4A91-4E77-AF8C-5B8085FA242F.thumb.png.5227c7c0bf41809313cba1466c13a275.png

The link is your email address.  You need to use mailto:input your email address. (No spaces) with quotation marks before and after

and in the link just put whatever you want it to say.  I use email me but you can use whatever suits.  

Fair warning though, if someone clicks it to email you they will see your email address.  But usually only people who want to reach you use it so I haven’t had an issue.  Hope this makes sense?  If not drop me an email and we can take it from there.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu Thank you!  this is a test to see if it works.

Got it and just realized.   I made a mistake saying quotation marks.  

I was thinking about the old href formula to get it on.  There are NO quotation marks.

Sorry folks - so the instructions I have above are correct but omit the quotation marks and keep the mailto letters in small case.

My sincere apologies.  I hate posting wrong info and sorry I forgot about the quotation marks.  I’m so geared to doing it from the “old” days before the link.  

Sincere apologies.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kazu said:

Got it and just realized.   I made a mistake saying quotation marks.  

I was thinking about the old href formula to get it on.  There are NO quotation marks.

Sorry folks - so the instructions I have above are correct but omit the quotation marks and keep the mailto letters in small case.

My sincere apologies.  I hate posting wrong info and sorry I forgot about the quotation marks.  I’m so geared to doing it from the “old” days before the link.  

Sincere apologies.

Thank you Jacqui!

• Like 3

For those of you who are having weird strange issues posting, like @Vict0riann and @mamaofami, I just discovered something and it might help you.  Make sure you are only logged into one device at a time.  I just discovered this when working on both my iPhone and IPad at the same time trying to fix the email issue.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I know, darn it.  I give up for now. 

So, if @lindalerand @lazey1could email me at incrociatore at aol dot com I'd appreciate it.  The 4 of us are all on the October 10 cruise and I'd like to get together (and not the entire roll call).  I'll just check that alternate email for this reason.  Please put CC in the subject line. 

Thanks all!

Thanks to Jacqui I now have my correct email in my signature so if Linda @lindaler and Jane @lazey1 could email me there (instead of the one I previously posted) that would be great and we can all meet in 17 days!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, all! Sorry to be so very late to,the party. Dogs in politics day - I’ve never trusted a national leader who didn’t have a dog. Over the years, it’s been a fairly reliable indicator.

Its been a good, but busy day. We had a very long walk, and our next section of the Vedder River trail will take us back to our starting point of a couple of weeks ago! DD and I went pattern and fabric shopping to make her a full length skirt. And I’ve done more hand to hand combat with CC attempting to post. As long as I sign out after each use, and clear my cache before I sign in again, it seems to work.🙄

Happy Thursday everyone. I hope you enjoyed it. Have a good night, and sweet dreams of a BHB!

9076859E-EEC9-49A6-B979-F8B825EEB6C9.thumb.jpeg.36282831d7f3cbe3659eb07d12c555e7.jpeg

• Like 16