Discovery Princess maiden and next 2 cruises cancelled

dides

Just been notified by Princess that the Discovery Princess maiden on 1st March and the next 2 cruises have been cancelled. The new maiden is the cruise on 27th March to the Mexican Riviera. List of affected cruises below and details in this link on the Princess site. There goes our plans to celebrate my other half's milestone birthday onboard!

image.png.a163de4d62ec2dd5a617c192f7bbdef8.png

25 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

By default, we will be on the “new“  maiden voyage.  (For now LOL)

We have the Discovery booked for a 9/11/22 sailing. I hope that doesn't turn out to the the new maiden voyage!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We have the Discovery booked for a 9/11/22 sailing. I hope that doesn't turn out to the the new maiden voyage!

I hear you 😂 

Kind  of cool to be a part of the first sailing , but also problematic until everybody gets their act  together.  For some reason, I’m envisioning a lot of hiccups.   

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

I hear you 😂 

Kind  of cool to be a part of the first sailing , but also problematic until everybody gets their act  together.  For some reason, I’m envisioning a lot of hiccups.   

I hope not! I hope you have a great cruise. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think that is our 9th cancellation but I completely understand.  Depending on the cost, we may try to move our sailing to either the inaugural sailing or one of the replacements sailings.  We will get there somehow.   

We were supposed to have been on the March 20th sailing.  We were able to move to a different sailing without having to pay any additional cost.

I noticed something weird this evening(maybe it's been this way a while and I never noticed...) If you look at deck plans for Discovery, after the April 17th sailing the Premium Suites that are on Sun deck forward switch to an S6 Vista Suite category. The pricing for these suites are actually less than the pricing for the S7 Window Suite. Anyone know why these suites have changed category, and why they wouldn't just have them as this category from the first sailing?

Just received the email. We were on the 13th and 20th cruises. Not unexpected and slightly pleased to be honest as they were pretty expensive cruises as we had booked Club Class. Will be getting a refund as have too many cruises scheduled with all the previous cancellations. Will try Discovery Princess in a later year when the prices will have hopefully dropped.

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I noticed something weird this evening(maybe it's been this way a while and I never noticed...) If you look at deck plans for Discovery, after the April 17th sailing the Premium Suites that are on Sun deck forward switch to an S6 Vista Suite category. The pricing for these suites are actually less than the pricing for the S7 Window Suite. Anyone know why these suites have changed category, and why they wouldn't just have them as this category from the first sailing?

The only thing I can think of is that Discovery was originally planned to launch this year (2021), and perhaps the change in deck plans after April 17 had something to do with the first year of operation and is legacy now that the ship isn't going into service until 2022.  Otherwise, I'm as perplexed as you are as to why there are multiple deck plans for a new ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We were supposed to have been on the March 20th sailing.  We were able to move to a different sailing without having to pay any additional cost.

We were booked on a 5 night sailing ... the move to 7 nights sailing were not offered to us as replacements.  I'll have to see what my travel agent can do for us.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Good luck.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, Cruise Raider said:

We were booked on a 5 night sailing ... the move to 7 nights sailing were not offered to us as replacements.  I'll have to see what my travel agent can do for us.  

I moved from the 5 day 3/1to  7 day 3/27. Had to  pay current price because not the same cruise 5 day vs 7. I did it because I wanted to go on the inaugural. Also had 3/6 and 3/13 booked. Those I can get price protection but decided I don't want to go and selected Option2 instead. I am so tired of all the cancellations. Won't be booking anymore cruises till the cancellations finally stop. We still have a few cruises booked and will hope those go.

• Like 1