New Mariner Perk For All Levels Being Announced Tommorow.

aliaschief

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

John Bernhoft, Director Of Mariner Society will join Seth Wayne- Hal’s Brand Ambassador on Seth’s Facebook page tomorrow, Sept 24 at 1 PM Eastern to reveal a new Mariner Perk.

Gerald Bernhoft?

OBC when booking way in advance. As in, in 2021 for 2023 Alaska. 

Edited by SilvertoGold

4 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

$200 in extra OBC is nice, but I wonder how this will work.  For example, what if fares drop (likely over almost 2 years), and we refare, do we lose the $200 OBC?  Time will tell, but its something to consider.

onboard spending money of up to $200 per person

to me this means it will be like the FCD OBC

$50 for inside / ocean view

$100 for Verandah

$200 for Suites

so, not so good for me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

$200 in extra OBC is nice, but I wonder how this will work.  For example, what if fares drop (likely over almost 2 years), and we refare, do we lose the $200 OBC?  Time will tell, but its something to consider.

I believe you lose all of your "extras" when you re-fare, so you need to add those up to see if it makes sense to change the booking.  My guess is that this will be the very same thing.

8 minutes ago, richwmn said:

onboard spending money of up to $200 per person

to me this means it will be like the FCD OBC

$50 for inside / ocean view

$100 for Verandah

$200 for Suites

so, not so good for me

Seems like a snoozer to me. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Is that the best that 18 months of executives working at home can produce to entice people to start booking cruises ??? ...  

My thinking exactly.  What have these executives been doing other than cashing their paychecks while the worker bees of the Home Office were laid off or fired?  Not much originality or creativity has been seen by me from the "suits" during the pandemic.  

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Gerald Bernhoft?

Now I am confused.  Another name was mentioned as Mariner Society Director; now, Mr. Bernhoft's name appears.  Who is in charge?  Or is this the Abbott and Costello routine of "Who's on First Base"?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Now I am confused.  Another name was mentioned as Mariner Society Director; now, Mr. Bernhoft's name appears.  Who is in charge?  Or is this the Abbott and Costello routine of "Who's on First Base"?  

I think someone just got a wrong name.  Gerald is still in charge of the Mariner’s Society.

Heck, he posted on the HAL blog in July, 2021 - https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/tag/gerald-bernhoft/

• Thanks 2

It's my opinion that HAL always wants us to buy something before we get any type of "benefit."  They never give anything away for "free."  It's very frustrating.  Princess isn't like that--but someone at Princess told me that HAL has so many faithful cruisers that HAL doesn't have to really do anything to keep us coming back again and again.  Other cruise lines have to work a little harder to keep folks coming back.  Whatever benefit or enticement they offer, it always benefits HAL first, then maybe the cruiser.