Canaries Encore 2022

galeforce9

Re the Canaries Encore cruises announced, does anyone have the answers to these questions please? 

1.  What will sailing occupancy be?

2. Are passengers again required to be fully vaccinated?

3. For UK cruisers, does anyone know the current vaccination/testing/entry requirements for these cruises and does anyone know whether the Indian made AZ batch numbers are permitted for Portuguese/canaries travel?

4. Million dollar question - will passengers be allowed ashore independently?

Obviously we don’t have crystal balls but if people have a view, or this info becomes known, I’d be grateful if you would share please. 

Thank you !

Edited by galeforce9
  • Thanks 1

I don't have any answers for you galeforce, but on point 3, I've heard nothing further on this since the media stirred it up a bit in the early summer. I'd like to know the answer.

Although we haven't been away since January 2020 we have several friends who have travelled within Europe over the summer, none have had an issue with AZ batch number. However, I don't know anyone who had the Indian made vaccine who has also been to Spain.

I'd like some firm confirmation on this as I'm not prepared to be the guinea pig who gets turned away at a border! 😀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Isklaar said:

I don't have any answers for you galeforce, but on point 3, I've heard nothing further on this since the media stirred it up a bit in the early summer. I'd like to know the answer.

Although we haven't been away since January 2020 we have several friends who have travelled within Europe over the summer, none have had an issue with AZ batch number. However, I don't know anyone who had the Indian made vaccine who has also been to Spain.

I'd like some firm confirmation on this as I'm not prepared to be the guinea pig who gets turned away at a border! 😀

Hi Isklaar.   We haven’t travelled either.  Still think on the basis of yesterday’s enquiries it’s not worth it.  

TA said Seabourn/other lines will not release any details on planned occupancy rates, nor any plans for double jabbed requirement still being in place.

On the likelihood of being able to travel ashore independently, they did say that it is now possible post a certain date in September but surely it depends on local requirements, particular cruise line requirements etc so I didn’t believe this.

Regarding the covishield vaccine acceptance, it is pretty much impossible to get an up to date list that isn’t just based on conjecture/ what the press has picked up based on press releases that cover intention not actual change.  For Portugal there’s press releases in August saying it was changing and would be accepted but no list includes Portugal.  These cruises sail from Lisbon, so I’m not prepared to risk it.  Spain is on the list of accepted.   Yesterday Italy made steps to accept Indian nationals that have it so is in the process of being included but it isn’t clear whether this will apply to British people. 

I couldn’t find out from TAs whether there would be flexibilities attached to these bookings. I understand cruise lines are moving away from that and trying to return to the usual conditions for uk bookings. 

For me there are too many unknowns to risk thousands.   

Thanks at least for commenting Isklaar.  I’d really appreciate a bit of general debate on here.  I feel a lot of the uk favourite posters have abandoned the board lately.  I had.  Too painful to read over the last 18 months.  But now I need much more info if I am to return in any shape or form.  The uk TAs at least and cruise lines do not appear able or willing to do this, I think for fear of later objection, so I may need to move on and take other holiday types.

id be interested to know if anyone is thinking of taking the plunge with this, especially from the uk.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These Canary Cruises came on offer today and landed in my inbox. They are also being heavily discounted by the T/a who lives in a little ice  house with a domed roof . Looking at the Seabourn site it looks as if they have sold of the cheaper balcony cabins on block to third parties and are selling the more expensive ones direct.

They look good value when compared with Celebrity Suites and Cunard Grills

The Seaborn Covid support looks a bit woolly on their site for Europe. I do not feel you will be abandoned if you are kicked off as positive, but you might need an Insurance claim to cover some of the get you home costs. The US terms look quite generous with cruises covered up until the end of March. 

Spain ( canaries )regards the UK and US as  high risk countries at present

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spthRequisitosEntradaEspana/home.htm

You also have to navigate entry into Portugal.

For those of us who broke the ice and did a round UK staycation these have to be seen as a punt . as you have constant change -  However fortune favours the brave ! We should have all had our Booster jab and Flu will be less risk

The post on Covid on the Ovation is worth a read. You are bound to get more transmission when nationalities mix.