American Express Platinum Card Benefit?

My husband has the personal Amex Platinum.  If I use his credit card and he isnt going on the cruise, is that going to trigger the OBC and/or statement credit (whichever it is) for the Amex benefit?

Ive seen both of you, @Sthrngary and @BWIVince speak to the Amex Platinum Card. Hope you dont mind Ive called on you for this post. 

I have the Amex business platinum, but this is a personal trip so didnt want to mix and co-mingle the funds. 

I also dont think you can get the OBC on both anyway, as the entire cruise has to be paid with the card in order to get the benefit, correct? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 11:23 PM, greatestvalue said:

If I use his credit card and he isnt going on the cruise, is that going to trigger the OBC and/or statement credit (whichever it is) for the Amex benefit?

Data point:  You must be traveling in the party to use your Amex Platinum card & get the Amex benefits.  

You must pay for the entire fare using the specific card in order to get the Cruise Privileges. 

You can ask your TA if they have a partnership with Amex, or if you must book thru the Amex Travel site in order to get the Amex Platinum Cruise Privilege's.  Some TA's have the partnership with Amex and get you the benefits, some do not so check with your specific TA.