Cabo San Lucas/Ensenada. What's the weather like?

Dwright826

Has anyone been to Cabo San Lucas or ensenada early November? If you have do you remember what the weather was like? Would it be a bad idea to book a snorkeling excursion for that time? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Exact dates are the fourth to the ninth.

7 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

Has anyone been to Cabo San Lucas or ensenada early November? If you have do you remember what the weather was like? Would it be a bad idea to book a snorkeling excursion for that time? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Exact dates are the fourth to the ninth.

what ship is going to Cabo 11/4-9?

Agree with the Google search ideas. Easy to do.

A little reading around here would also reveal snorkeling on the Pacific coast of Mexico leaves a lot to be desired. The visibility is usually noticeably less than many other popular snorkeling places in the world. We have snorkeled all over the world...Mexico is usually not a rewarding snorkel.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little reading around here would also reveal snorkeling on the Pacific coast of Mexico leaves a lot to be desired. The visibility is usually noticeably less than many other popular snorkeling places in the world. We have snorkeled all over the world...Mexico is usually not a rewarding snorkel.

🤔

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

It may not be rewarding to you...but if that's where the OP is going to be then he should do it...you never know.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

It may not be rewarding to you...but if that's where the OP is going to be then he should do it...you never know.

I didn't say they can't do it. I simply, as I believe I am allowed to, suggested Mexican Rivera snorkeling is over rated, compared to many other snorkeling places in the world, based on pretty extensive experience.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, CruiserBruce said:

I didn't say they can't do it. I simply, as I believe I am allowed to, suggested Mexican Rivera snorkeling is over rated, compared to many other snorkeling places in the world, based on pretty extensive experience.

Pleas don't get so defensive...not necessary.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is both the water and weather will tend to be quite a bit warmer in Cabo than Ensenada.  It is a completely different climate with completely different weather.  Cabo is about 750 miles south of Ensenada "as the crow flies."  Water in November is Ensenada is cold for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SelectSys said:

All I can say is both the water and weather will tend to be quite a bit warmer in Cabo than Ensenada.  It is a completely different climate with completely different weather.  Cabo is about 750 miles south of Ensenada "as the crow flies."  Water in November is Ensenada is cold for me. 

Same thing I was going to mention. Cabo and Ensenada could have completely different weather. Ensenada has weather not unlike San Diego's.

Water temp in Ensenada will be in the low 60's, like 62° or so. Cabo should be almost 20° warmer, more like 80°F.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:12 AM, scottca075 said:

Same thing I was going to mention. Cabo and Ensenada could have completely different weather. Ensenada has weather not unlike San Diego's.

Water temp in Ensenada will be in the low 60's, like 62° or so. Cabo should be almost 20° warmer, more like 80°F.

This is perfect. THANK YOU

On 9/29/2021 at 10:12 AM, scottca075 said:

Ensenada has weather not unlike San Diego's.

I think Ensenada is little bit sunnier than along the coast than in San Diego.  My guess this is mostly due to how the land juts out with hills to the south heading to  "La Bufadora."  

That reminds me of something...

To all visitors -  "La Bufadora" is pretty much a waste of time to visit.  The drive is nice in parts even though it is getting increasingly slow with all the development south of town.  The actual location to me is nothing special unless you are looking for cheap souvenirs and mediocre, overpriced food and drinks.  However this is a personal opinion and others may love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ensenada will be to cold, go to the wine country.  Cabo probably good, but it's the start of whale watching so that might be more interesting.  We live just north of Ensenada and we are a little warmer and sunnier than San Diego but not by much.  I'm thinking water is a little rougher at Ensenada than Cabo for snorkeling.  

• Thanks 1