Main Dining Entrees

tjcletzgo

Lots of great choice.  All depends on preferences . Lasagna is usually good.  Of course the lobster is my favorite.  Appetizers have lots of great choice.  One all time favorite is Visalia onion tart.  Always like the caprese salad and wild mushroom soup.

there have been times though that the main courses don’t float my boat but the appetizers do, so I order all appetizers and no main course.  Lol

hope this helps

erika

• Like 3

You can usually order as many dishes from any menu that they are serving from on any given night.

One night our youngest was not thrilled with the app or desert but LOVED the choices for the main course.  Our table Stewart (as do all table Stewarts) have the canned response of "Why not???"

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beef wellington is always good.  They have excellent french onion soup.  Omg, lots of things I like.

Unfortunately, RCCL has not had Beef wellington on their menus in the Caribbean for over 10 years (on cruises 8 days or less).  I asked out waiter on the Odyssey about it last month and he said he had not seen it on an RCCL menu in many years.

32 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Unfortunately, RCCL has not had Beef wellington on their menus in the Caribbean for over 10 years (on cruises 8 days or less).  I asked out waiter on the Odyssey about it last month and he said he had not seen it on an RCCL menu in many years.

I'm sure I had it on mdr menu fall 2019.  Maybe I'm dreaming.

They also have a nice roast turkey dinner, good comfort food.

• Like 3

Some of my faves are the roasted poblano pepper soup, the chilled strawberry bisque (I have them save it for my dessert), escargot, the Asian tacos, French onion soup, beef tenderloin, turkey dinner, chicken cordon bleu, calamari, prime rib, crab cake, tiger shrimp.... man, my frozen dinner for lunch is gonna suck tonight!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beef wellington is always good.  They have excellent french onion soup.  Omg, lots of things I like.

I was wondering if they served Beef Wellington. Was that a special for one night or was it available every night. I will be on the Allure in December so I will look for it.

Just remember to download the App and look at the menus before.  Some entrées are offered more then once, some only once. Don’t select something that is offered more then once if you wanted to try something that will be served only once. And I have also ordered all appetizers before. You can’t go wrong with just a little planning.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure I had it on mdr menu fall 2019.  Maybe I'm dreaming.

They also have a nice roast turkey dinner, good comfort food.

The worst meal I have ever had on a cruise was hands down the roast turkey dinner.  I refuse to believe that whatever they served me was ever an actual bird.  Inedible!

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

The worst meal I have ever had on a cruise was hands down the roast turkey dinner.  I refuse to believe that whatever they served me was ever an actual bird.  Inedible!

Wow, I've had the exact opposite every time.  I order it every cruise when it's on the menu, and it's always been delish!

Edit: not trying to say that you didn't have a bad experience -- just pointing out that it's not one of those things that is always bad.

Edited by brillohead

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

I made the mistake of ordering that too. I was just in the mood for it when I saw it on the menu. The only disappointing meal in 30 yrs of cruising. I had a long run.

13 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I had it on a 9 day Anthem cruise on one of the formal nights.  What is the fancy beef dish offered on formal nights on a 7 day cruise?

• Like 1