Complimentary Beverage List

loriva

Following guidance from experienced Regent cruisers here, I emailed Regent Guest Services (GuestRelations@rssc.com) 90 days before we are scheduled to sail.  I asked for the current "complimentary on-site beverage list" so I could select items for our mini-bar.  A couple of days later I received a response that my requests would be passed onto Operations.  Guest Services did not provide a beverage list nor have I received anything in response from Operations. 

Is there a different email address I should have used?  To Operations instead of Guest Services?  Should I try again, just specifying what we'd like (regardless of whether it is on Regent's current beverage list)?

Many thanks,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, loriva said:

Following guidance from experienced Regent cruisers here, I emailed Regent Guest Services (GuestRelations@rssc.com) 90 days before we are scheduled to sail.  I asked for the current "complimentary on-site beverage list" so I could select items for our mini-bar.  A couple of days later I received a response that my requests would be passed onto Operations.  Guest Services did not provide a beverage list nor have I received anything in response from Operations. 

Is there a different email address I should have used?  To Operations instead of Guest Services?  Should I try again, just specifying what we'd like (regardless of whether it is on Regent's current beverage list)?

Many thanks,

Is there anything specific you are curious about?  They carry a very wide range of liquors.  There is an upcharge for very top shelf.

Following (#3) is a recent list of wines on a 2019 cruise

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2645719-current-explorer-complimentary-wine-list/

If you have a Penthouse suite or above, they give you a list to pick from in advance of your boarding the ship.  It  is on your reservation from the time you pay your deposit.  Here it is:

Premium Brands
VODKA
Absolut Absolut Citron Absolut Lime Belvedere
Beluga Noble Grey Goose Ketel One Smirnoff
Stolichnaya Tito’s Gluten Free Van Gogh Espresso Van Gogh Chocolate
BOURBON
Jack Daniel’s Jack Daniel’s Rye Jack Daniel’s Honey Jim Beam
Maker’s Mark Wild Turkey
CANADIAN WHISKEY
Canadian Club Crown Royal Seagram’s V.O.
BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKEY
Ballantines Chivas Regal Famouse Grouse Dewar’s White Label
J & B Rare Johnnie Walker Black Label Johnnie Walker Red Label
SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKEY
Glenfiddich Glenmorangie Macallan Quest
IRISH WHISKEY
Bushmills Jameson
GIN
Beefeater, London Dry Bombay Sapphire Hendrick's Aviation
Tanqueray, Special Dry
TEQUILA
Patron Silver Patron Anejo Patrón Reposado Espadin Mezcal
RUM
Bacardi Superior Bacardi Limón Captain Morgan Spiced Mount Gay
Myers's
COGNAC
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Sempe V.S.O.P. Baileys Irish Cream Rémy Martin V.S.O.P.
WINE
Chardonnay Grand Marnier Sauvignon Blanc Amaretto Disaronno
Pinot Grigio Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz Merlot
Pinot Noir Rose Wine Prosecco Champagne(Included in your suite day of embarkation)
Connoisseur Selection
If your personal choice is not listed above or if you wish to upgrade to a Connoisseur brand please contact special service. (Charges may apply)
  Comments :  
Beers
INTERNATIONAL BEERS AND CIDER
Miller Lite Corona Blue Moon Grolsch
Guinness Heineken Peroni Newcastle Brown Ale
Goose Island IPA Stella Artois Tiger
NORTH AMERICAN BEERS
Budweiser Bud Light Coors Light Leffe Blonde
Lagunitas IPA  Samuel Adams Angry Orchard Cider
ALCOHOL-FREE BEERS
Buckler Heineken 0.0
Sodas
Coca Cola Diet Coke Sprite Diet Sprite
Tonic Ginger Ale Caffeine Free Coke Soda Water
Fanta Caffeine Free Diet Coke
Bar Snacks
  Peanuts Pretzels  
  Potato Chips Mixed Nuts  

• Thanks 1

Not in a penthouse, I just call the Regent number and ask that our suite get stocked with :   and list beer, soda and wine (red or white) and a spirit we would like.  If there would be something they don't have, our steward will tell me when we arrive and I will ask for something else.

• Like 1

That is really good to know.  Our next two cruises are not in Penthouse.  In the past Regent said that if you are not in Penthouse and booked through a TA, then you have to give the list to your TA.  Our TA (we no longer use them) said they don't do that so we just told our room steward when we got on the ship.  That worked just fine.  Regent seems to have changed their procedure, so I will contact them prior to our next cruise.  It is still nice to have the list to know what our choices are.

• Like 1

We have requested a better beer (their normal offerings are very pedestrian, except for the IPAs and Leffe Blonde {which is only domestic in the sense that it's owned by Anhauser Busch-InBev, but still brewed in Belgium}) directly to Regent in advance even if not in a premium suite.  Within reason (i.e., not requesting abbey ales produced in very limited quantity), they've had it waiting in our suite and tagged with our name in the cooler.  It just has to be something they can reasonably get through their provisioners.  Examples: Guiness Stout in the Nitro cans since the bottled "Export" version they have at the bars is terrible...very harsh and not at all like draft Guiness.

This stocking in your suite, regardless of category, is a carry-over from the early days when drinks were not included outside of meals and you got 2 bottles per suite (probably 1 per person) of your choice of liquor.  And, always 1 liter bottles!  For years, we never bought hard liquor at home.

6 hours ago, Portolan said:

We have requested a better beer (their normal offerings are very pedestrian, except for the IPAs and Leffe Blonde {which is only domestic in the sense that it's owned by Anhauser Busch-InBev, but still brewed in Belgium}) directly to Regent in advance even if not in a premium suite.  Within reason (i.e., not requesting abbey ales produced in very limited quantity), they've had it waiting in our suite and tagged with our name in the cooler.  It just has to be something they can reasonably get through their provisioners.  

Good to know. We were disappointed at the list of beers for pre-stock.

Again, my experience is that they'll get you anything that is easily available, i.e., through their provisioners, so I'd expect them to be able to get gluten-free beer.  Give them plenty of lead time...I think 90 days was suggested to me at some point.  Don't expect an obscure micro-brew.  Think macro-brew like Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, maybe Stone (I'm going to try this for our next cruise), etc.  Not Lost Rhino.

It also is a good idea to ask at the bar (any of them) what different beers they have on board since I've sometimes found that they have something in the cooler out of the norm (possibly left over from special requests).  One time I mentioned my disappointment in the beer selection to the food and beverage manager (I didn't seek her out, she was just making the rounds on the pool deck).  I mentioned a couple of brands I thought were better and they actually acquired some at the next port.

All of this discussion should be caveated (as pretty much everything needs to be these days) as pre-COVID experiences.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Portolan said:

It also is a good idea to ask at the bar (any of them) what different beers they have on board since I've sometimes found that they have something in the cooler out of the norm (possibly left over from special requests). 

A few years ago on a Grand Voyage,  my travel buddy and I saw one of our favorite white wines going through the Compass Rose one night.  We asked Arthur, the head sommelier, if we could have a bottle brought to our table.  He informed us that it was a wine specially orders by some cruisers.  A few days later some bottles of that wine appeared in our suite, thanks to Arthur.  Later, he told us he had a few bottles left over after those passengers left the ship.  The same thing happened when asking about a favorite red.  It doesn't hurt to "get in good" with the head sommelier. Plus, Arthur is the best!

• Like 1

This is why I recommend going to the Wines of the Old and New World tasting that is held early on in the cruise. Not only do you see some of the wines available, you have a chance to chat with the Head Sommelier and the rest of the Sommelier team. Bonus is the opportunity to sign up for the wine pairing lunch!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, Not a Georgia Peach said:

We will be on our first Regent cruise in January.  Is there a charge for the wine tasting, and if so do you remember how much it is?  Thank you.

They usually have included tastings of the 'house' wines, but you can upcharge for some premium wine tastings and we've attended some of these that were absolutely phenomenal.  Usually run something like $179/pp but they often have some real 'unicorn' wines in there...highly recommend getting friendly with the sommelier and reading Passages to keep abreast of the options.

• Like 1

Here's an update on my request for options for our minibar in hopes it will inform others preparing to sail.

A few days after Guest Relations passed our request for the list of available in-suite options to Operations, I received an email from a person in the latter department.  She included a bar menu as well as a form to order gifts (not what I'd requested).  Since neither Guest Relations nor Operations really answered my query, I just went ahead and sent a list of what we would like stocked in our mini bar to both of the email addresses of responders.  It was not a large list--one bottle of rum and two different types of sodas/mixers.  No response yet (two days and counting).

Since we are first-time Regent cruisers (we hope--we've had the first four we booked over the past 18 months canceled), I'm not sure this is the norm.  Or if something has changed with Regent--either due to new policies following the pandemic shut-down or shortage of personnel.

For those interested, I'm including the bar menu sent by Regent.  My question now for our trip (again, we hope!) on Explorer in December is whether we should drink an "Explorer" cocktail first or go in the order of Regent ships on which we SHOULD have sailed first (Navigator, Explorer, Voyager,  and Mariner)?!?  Here's hoping we have this horrible decision to make!

Bar Menu.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I never bother pre-ordering booze. The cabin stewardess will be in your room within minutes of your arrival and introduce herself. She will take your order and you will have it before dinner in most cases. This includes booze, wine, re-stocking the menu bar as per your requirements and snacks.

• Like 6

I'm with Pcardad.  It's easy, and your choices usually appear swiftly.  All the usual brands are available--unless you want something really special or unusual, you'll probably get it. Of course, if you have a PH or up, you can order these things in advance online before the cruise. 

• Like 2