Complimentary Beverage List

loriva

On 10/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

Maybe because we had the bottled water in there?  They must have thought we didn't want anything.  I didn't really think much of it until I saw this thread.  If housekeeping is usually responsible they were fantastic seriously doubt they would just ignore it.  When we drive on vacation we often stay in Hilton Garden Inn's, they have empty fridges. 😲

If you loaded your own fridge with bottled water, that would explain it. They won't take out anything you put in it. And yes, they are exceptional...their jobs depend on it.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:46 PM, SWFLAOK said:

Well all of that is still inexplicable to me. We've never received a full sized box of chocolates nor a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in our cabin. The only good bottle of wine in our cabin that we have ever had has been povided by our TA, and the only chocolates on Regent are the little foil wrapped ones left at turn down.

On our first Regent cruise, we were offered a cabin upgrade on Mariner from a cabin we had chosen at the level just below Concierge to a higher level. I don't remember if it was Concierge or Penthouse.

But they called our TA after we had already arrived at the hotel that we had paid for, and had to take a very expensive taxi ride to it. There was a Regent bus with a sign for Regent travelers at the airport in Vancouver that was headed to the same area as our hotel. We were rudely denied boarding since we weren't Concierge or higher. Being offered an upgrade after we had already paid for an expensive hotel room and were denied access to the mostly empty bus made us very unhappy. Since they couldn't tell us what cabin we would have, and we had already filled out our luggage tags for our booked cabin, we declined the offer. We were never offered anything else by Regent, although we've never booked anything less than Concierge.

On that first cruise, we paid $450 for a room at the Pan Pacific with breakfast buffet,  and luggage valet service to the ship at the port in Vancouver included. The food there was great, and our room was not ready when we arrived just after lunch time (the airport in Vancouver was so crowded and unorganized that I would never go again). We were so hungry that we told them we could wait for our room while we ate lunch in their waterview lounge. We were rewarded by an upgrade from our standard room to an 880 square foot Bayview Suite. It was the most amazing hotel room we have ever stayed in.

We have been on PG cruises, and Regent cruises where there is a TA that provides a get together onboard. It's a small cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres, and a chance to meet others on board. They've never tried to sell us anything, and we have gone to dinner with other couples we've met there, as well as the hosts on one of our cruises.

A lot to read but based on your SSS level, you get certain things in your cabin. Based on your cabin level you may also qualify. When you are upgraded, you typically just get the room, not the extras. Exception would be PH and a butler. The Regent ground people are not Regent employees, they are subcontractors and they are not allowed to put people on the bus unless pre-authorized. I think they should have let you on but that is a discussion to have with Corporate about a policy change.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 2:34 PM, Lonedaddy said:

Do any of the ships serve absinthe and correctly?  Particularly on European sailings.

Ah absinthe, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!

Whilst not necessarily a drinker of absinthe I do like a decent Pernod, or Ricard, or even Pastis especially as an aperitif. Always specified with some ice in and water on the side. 

• 1 year later...

I am very confused by this subject.

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I could not see anything more recent.

The Regeng websit says ‘beverages of your choice’ and one of their promotional videos says that all drinks are included.

And then I saw a review video on youtube which showed the best liquor locked away and not included. And this thread refers to ‘top shelf’ not being included.

So what is and isn’t included? I saw the attached bar menu. Whilst there are some nice drinks, I wouldn’t describe any as premium.

Do Regent categorize by price I.e, anything over $100 or $200 is not included? Any thoughts from regular cruisers? Examples would be helpful.

4 hours ago, phil1107 said:

I am very partial to Scotch and bourbon and port - and tequila in warmer weather.

Whatever drinks you prefer just ask Regent if they they will be stocked on your cruise. If they are not available then you can ask Regent if they can provide them on your cruise. Availability to source and the cost of the product will determine whether Regent can/will provide the drinks you most want.

11 hours ago, phil1107 said:

I am very confused by this subject.

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I could not see anything more recent.

The Regeng websit says ‘beverages of your choice’ and one of their promotional videos says that all drinks are included.

And then I saw a review video on youtube which showed the best liquor locked away and not included. And this thread refers to ‘top shelf’ not being included.

So what is and isn’t included? I saw the attached bar menu. Whilst there are some nice drinks, I wouldn’t describe any as premium.

Do Regent categorize by price I.e, anything over $100 or $200 is not included? Any thoughts from regular cruisers? Examples would be helpful.

Top/bottom shelf is relative.

The alcohol and spirits are all good quality, brand name products. Are you going to get a $2K, 25 year old bottle of single malt no charge in your cabin? Probably not. Bottle of Johnny Walker black or Red? Probably.

I remember in my last Med cruise we were about 2 days from the end and I asked our steward for a Canadian Whisky.  After we came back from dinner a 1L bottle of Canadian Club is sitting on our bar. I really wish they had smaller bottles, it darn near killed me finishing that bottle in a evening!

(kidding.. about the evening part)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, slidebite said:

Top/bottom shelf is relative.

The alcohol and spirits are all good quality, brand name products. Are you going to get a $2K, 25 year old bottle of single malt no charge in your cabin? Probably not. Bottle of Johnny Walker black or Red? Probably.

I remember in my last Med cruise we were about 2 days from the end and I asked our steward for a Canadian Whisky.  After we came back from dinner a 1L bottle of Canadian Club is sitting on our bar. I really wish they had smaller bottles, it darn near killed me finishing that bottle in a evening!

(kidding.. about the evening part)

On our Splendor cruise last March, we had a full bottle of Tito's, Woodford Anniversary, Crown Royal (just a couple shots gone) and our butler wrapped them in bubblewrap the night before disembarkation for us to put in our luggage. 

• Like 1

So would it be fair as an example that Johnny Walker Black would be included and Johnny Walker Blue additional?

and are the additional drinks priced at regular prices or priced at the difference between regular price and the price of an included alternative?

2 hours ago, phil1107 said:

So would it be fair as an example that Johnny Walker Black would be included and Johnny Walker Blue additional?

and are the additional drinks priced at regular prices or priced at the difference between regular price and the price of an included alternative?

That’s a perfect example. The last time I paid for a drink on Regent was in 2017 so my information is pretty old but Johnny Black was included and pours were generous. Johnny Blue was carefully poured and $40 or $50 per ounce.

Edited by jeb_bud

2 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

That’s a perfect example. The last time I paid for a drink on Regent was in 2017 so my information is pretty old but Johnny Black was included and pours were generous. Johnny Blue was carefully poured and $40 or $50 per ounce.

Haven't seen Johnny Blue recently (was on Voyager last month) but how about Jack Daniels Sinatra for something special...at a special cost.

I'm currently on Splendor, and when we boarded I ask our room attendant for "Scotch, maybe MacAllan." She brought me a liter bottle of MacAllan Quest. I'm not familiar with that expression, but I see it's around $150 per bottle. I'm very happy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, phil1107 said:

Here's the current upcharge for the toppest shelf liquors on Splendor:

PXL_20230307_215648155.thumb.jpg.f55353ccf291b45674e06fa5a1e1eb3a.jpg

Maybe a few degrees off the subject line, but it was interesting to note that on a Splendor cruise this fall I gifted my BFF a 750ml bottle of JW Blue [appropriately laser engraved bottle] and although I thought the F&B Manager might take issue with it coming aboard, he didn't bat an eye.

Two notes:  There wasn't a rush to open the bottle as the included offerings were more than adequate.  And, Drink what you like - and bring your elixir if you need to - to ensure YOUR happiness.

IMG_6794.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daetchief said:

Maybe a few degrees off the subject line, but it was interesting to note that on a Splendor cruise this fall I gifted my BFF a 750ml bottle of JW Blue [appropriately laser engraved bottle] and although I thought the F&B Manager might take issue with it coming aboard, he didn't bat an eye.

Two notes:  There wasn't a rush to open the bottle as the included offerings were more than adequate.  And, Drink what you like - and bring your elixir if you need to - to ensure YOUR happiness.

IMG_6794.jpeg

I used to get those personally engraved bottles in St. Maarten but recently, that store stopped the practice. Where did you buy that if you don't mind my asking?