Just off September 19th, 7 night Divina - ask away!

Morgsmom

Talking about misrepresentation…pizza in the buffet.  We noted two versions grossly mislabeled.

One labeled as “sausages” was topped with hot dogs according to my husband’s taste buds.  And one labeled “frankfurters” was actually breakfast sausage.

We concur about the food.  First MSC cruise for my husband did not meet his expectations.  I did, however, enjoy the donuts with pink icing.

Edited by logan25

10 hours ago, logan25 said:

One labeled as “sausages” was topped with hot dogs according to my husband’s taste buds.  And one labeled “frankfurters” was actually breakfast sausage.

LOL!  DH ordered "turkey sausage" at breakfast one morning and received TWO FRANKFURTERS!!!   We literally laughed out loud.   Someone is very confused on the ship 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

LOL!  DH ordered "turkey sausage" at breakfast one morning and received TWO FRANKFURTERS!!!   We literally laughed out loud.   Someone is very confused on the ship 😆

I think this is a European thing. "Sausage" in Europe is often Vienna sausage like things. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

LOL!  DH ordered "turkey sausage" at breakfast one morning and received TWO FRANKFURTERS!!!

The same thing happened to us for breakfast on two occasions.  No, I didn't want a hotdog for breakfast.

24 minutes ago, lvtotrvl56 said:

We are sailing on Divina next week, first time on MSC. Does anyone know if there is a Gala/formal night. Trying to figure out what to pack and information is scarce! TIA

Elegant menu served one evening.  However dress code not enforced.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:38 AM, styles27 said:

Shoot I’m going to be upset that there’s no NFL games lol

Another reviewer posted pics of the Red Sox game on so I figured football would be shown too.

Did you have to wear the white wristband showing that you’re vaccinated or have they done away with that because vaccines are mandatory for 12 and over?

We had NFL on Sunday and Monday on ESPN2 both in room and sports bar.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lvtotrvl56 said:

We are sailing on Divina next week, first time on MSC. Does anyone know if there is a Gala/formal night. Trying to figure out what to pack and information is scarce! TIA

4 hours ago, logan25 said:

Elegant menu served one evening.  However dress code not enforced.

The dress code for Elegant menu night was listed as casual, so, it was "enforced", meaning you could wear whatever you liked.  Some wore formal dress, most went casual.  

I'll contact Steve and see if he has pictures of the Galaxie menu, or his dinner.  I'm not a sushi fan, so, I don't know the difference between sushi, sashimi, etc.  I'll try to find out what was available.  

• Like 1

So with help from DD, I recall now.  First day we did re-tour of Divinia because we kept confusing it with Seaside.  

Galaxy Disco has sushi and sashimi but I don't think I have pic of menu.  When we went through, it wasn't open.  I thought it was strange to have that in the disco but maybe when things are hopping that is what people want.

From what I could tell, the old Eataly is just a wine bar yet the second time we went through there, there was a pizza coming out yet no one was eating there.

All gelato from what we saw was closed down.  By pool bar, smoking side, behind non-existent gelato stand was a soft-serve ice cream machine and we did see people with soft serve.

We were on that same cruise on Divina and do agree that the food was just so-so to "meh."  However, we ate in Butcher's Cut for my birthday 9/23 and my filet was awesome.  In fact the whole meal was really really good.  DH had the lamb chops and said they were excellent.  Several decks of cabins were closed off between the mid-ship and back elevators, which made it very difficult for my mobility-challenged hubby, but we still enjoyed the cruise overall.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, Morgsmom said:

DH and I are home from the September 19th 7 night Divina.  Happy to answer any questions you might have!  

Hi, MM

Thanks for sharing thoughts and info for our upcoming sailing on Divina.

Guess we should pack the travel size creole seasoning and tabasco based on the food reveiw.

Did you happen to notice if there are any reefs worth snorkeling on Ocean Cay?  MSC also

shows shows fire pits burning at night which looks nice did that take place.

THANKS,

Dave 

Hi Dave,

The food was of poor quality and even more poorly executed (IMO). No amount of seasoning would help.  Hopefully it was "restarting pains" and your experience will be better.

On OC, there were no reefs that I saw, but there are some "sunken items" near the lighthouse area with lots of coral and fish congregating.  

Yes, there are fire pits light at night.  We watched the lighthouse show from our balcony and didn't bother to venture out again, but those that did said they enjoyed.

THANKS,

MM

May have go off menu and tip the wait staff for extra quality food . We have had  friends

do this in the past and you would  be amazed at what shows at the table. We have

never felt comfortable doing such things. Maybe this will be cruise we try it.Will see

after 1st night in main dining room.  Maybe just a restart issue like you said. The

pandemic has made all food outlets reduce there their menu items.

Thanks Again,

Dave

On 10/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Morgsmom said:

Hi Dave,

The food was of poor quality and even more poorly executed (IMO). No amount of seasoning would help.  Hopefully it was "restarting pains" and your experience will be better.

On OC, there were no reefs that I saw, but there are some "sunken items" near the lighthouse area with lots of coral and fish congregating.  

Yes, there are fire pits light at night.  We watched the lighthouse show from our balcony and didn't bother to venture out again, but those that did said they enjoyed.

Morgsmom - which side of the ship should we be on to watch the show from our balcony?  Thank you in advance.