BTimmer's Almost Live from the Nieuw Amsterdam - Sea to FLL 10/2-23/21

Btimmer

As has been my custom on previous cruises, I'll be doing an Almost Live blog type posting here during our first cruise since our last cruise on the Volendam to the Amazon and Beyond before the pandemic shut the industry down.  Feel free to post questions, and I'll try to answer them.  I may not post every day, but I do a personal journal every day. On the roll call, some have called this a "mystery cruise" as the ports have changed.  My wife and I are looking forward to all of the stops especially Avalon, Manzanillo, Aruba, and overnight at Half Moon Cay.  We have sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam once before on a trans-Atlantic and am looking forward to a return cruise on it.  We had the opportunity to view it docked in Seattle yesterday as we greeted friends who were on that cruise to Alaska.

I'm looking forward to sharing our voyage with all of you.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for providing a "Live from..." perspective for this cruise. I look forward to joining you on the mystery cruise both via your thread and from my deck 6 aft cabin. I disembarked NA after being aboard 9/4 - 9/18, replaced the Alaska sweaters with sundresses, and like you, am eager to visit the replacement ports. Here's to cruising again!

Edited by Trawler_Joy
Error
  • Like 3

Yay Tim!  Overnighting in HMC?  Wow!  Wonder if they'll have evening time along the beach?  I'll bet it's beautiful to see the sun set from there.  Say hi to aliaschief (Bruce and Susan) and I hope you enjoy your cruise.  NA is a good ship and we've enjoyed her several times, last time in December 2019.  Thanks for taking on this effort!

• Like 1

Bon Voyage!  A mystery cruise - sounds like fun!   I'll be particularly interested in learning how they handle an overnight at Half Moon Cay - I wonder if there will be an evening beach party?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 4

Thanks for all of the initial encouragement about resuming my blogging.  We're looking forward to meeting old friends and now new friends on this cruise.  I was prepared to stay on the ship the entire 21 days if needed, but with the fabulous fare which among other things included generous allowances on 3 shore excursions each, we've booked them with HAL.  Stay tuned for what they are and what we do in each port.  We're excited and seasoned travelers anxious to resume cruising, but we are also wise and will take the necessary precautions for a safe cruise.

• Like 13

We have just completed our Abbott Labs Covid Testing (tested negative).  I highly recommend this test if your cruise permits the home testing with supervision.  We did the test using my iPhone and in total it took about 20 minutes each with results at the end of the test being sent to an email and posted on our Navica App.

2 days until the cruise and definitely counting!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

We're on board after the fastest  embarkation ever! Less than 30 minutes!

We depart at 5pm which is 30 minutes from now and we'll be enjoying dinner in the Tamarind.

3A5735E4-4997-4C40-B5F6-FF40C0E36682.thumb.jpeg.056b57879c52b3b6510384ab1fd1ceb4.jpeg
I need to figure out the picture rotation issue.

• Like 12
  • Haha 5