covid testing near san diego port?

jjduck

Please  be patient with me (oh boy).  I thought I posted in the "Oct 27, 2021 Panama Canal" roll call about an hour ago, and, of course, now I cannot find the posting.  

We are a very senior couple who needs advice about the covid testing.  Ordered from Optum( two tests, they billed for five; yet another story!)  Ordered on Sat and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow-Tuesday.  

Trying to have a back up plan, so wondering where to get tested in San Diego (on Tues. oct. 26th).  We are staying at Springhill Suites on Bayfront.  Looked at the CVS website and cannot figure out which location is closest to where we are staying.

ANY advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Noreen.

If you google CVS near Bayfront Court San Diego , Ca you’ll get a map with 5 CVS downtown near the port . The only one I’ve shopped at is the one at 4th & Broadway .  It is at Horton Plaza which is being torn down so don’t know if it has been spared from demolition . It was old but well stocked .  You’ll be calling around anyway.  

I read on cc that RCG is going to be doing testing at the port for $99/ person. I don’t know when that will be implemented . Same company as Celebrity .  The CVS at Horton Plaza is closed but there is on across the street at 4th & Broadway . 

We are booked on the Millenium sailing out of San Diego on October 11. I have also purchased the at home tests but am very worked up about using them. We are flying out in Saturday the 9th. The goal is to do these tests early in the morning ..like 5 am…before leaving for the airport by 9am. I have booked rapid tests at CVS for Sunday, but I don’t think the location is close to our hotel , the US Grant. The fourth street location mentioned does not do the testing. This is such a nerve wracking mess. I never would have booked this trip if I had been made aware of all these requirements 

Yep even though it does say on the CVS 4th street location schedule a test they ask for your location and redirect you to another location . I was at a SD  CVS this afternoon and no testing there , either.    Perhaps someone will share where in SD they are getting tested.   

• 3 weeks later...

We leave Oct 31 from SD and getting covid tests is quite stressful. We live here and found you must call ahead, as who actually does the test keeps changing. In addition to a few CVS spots the Intensive Care places sometimes do. Also there is a place near the SD airport. I strongly recomend online search then followup phonecall.