Please help me with this!

DatawCruiser

1 hour ago, nonu731 said:

I work at a bank and the joke around here is that those who can't become bankers become accountants. 😉

I served on a bank board for 10 years. We said bankers were bankers because they couldn't do anything else.😉

Actually banking is a tough job, and it takes a mix of many abilities. 

I was chairman of the audit committee, and you're correct. There is no way I could deal with all the regulations and audits on a daily basis.😥

4 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

For sure. 

I'm not old enough to have experienced a pre-2008 finance world but my older colleagues tell me that it was a completely different era that I missed out on. People getting drunk on the trading floor and colleagues ignoring anything that mentioned the word 'risk' or 'regulation.' 😂

Nevertheless, speaking of regulations, I hope Regent enforces the regulations they've set on masks. Otherwise, there's no point to having them at all. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, nonu731 said:

I work at a bank and the joke around here is that those who can't become bankers become accountants. 😉

Well, my wife's a banker and my father-in-law is a CPA.  I don't know who to make fun of...

(Just kidding - I've been married long enough to know the answer to that question!)   🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, nonu731 said:

Everyone is commenting that they don't like masks. 

Is that really necessary? 😂  Surely that's implied? Otherwise, pre-pandemic, you'd have seen everyone wearing masks all the time. Yet nobody I know was wearing masks regularly before the pandemic was a thing haha.

Nobody likes wearing masks (although I'm aware exceptions exist). Wearing a mask on a cruise sounds like a hassle to me - wearing a mask on an excursion bus doesn't sound fun to me. But without being morbid, you have to weigh up how much time you have to fully enjoy cruising versus waiting for mask requirements to be removed. Our bodies are decaying over time and there may come a point where you're not able to cruise to the same extent you are today. 

For example, there are a fair few 70-somethings and a few 80-somethings on here. Without being overly cruel, is it really worth waiting a year or more just to not wear a mask? I guess my rambling point is that the older you are, the less likely I'd recommend putting off going on cruises.

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 1