Small Change to YC MiniBar Policy

BoundForSea

3 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

Be careful, I know that it is the case for European cruises, but not 100% sure for US market cruises. I still haven't seen any feedback from US passengers about champagne included...

It is NF in Yacht Club on US cruises. Just off Divina last week and Meraviglia early September.  

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

It is NF in Yacht Club on US cruises. Just off Divina last week and Meraviglia early September.  

YES, thank you. We sail Meraviglia next month, in YC.
I enjoyed the NF when we cruised MSC from Barcelona.

21 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Graham

when will we cruise again?   I’m doing the B2B Norway/Baltic on Preziosa end of next May.

If you ever decide to take a cruise from Port Canaveral let me know.  We live on the Space Coast.  Come over early or stay late.

Did very little Jameson and don’t tell anybody, but they did not up charge me on the Hendricks.

Dennis

That will be a fab cruise, we loved both Norway and Baltics (twice). Whilst most Baltic cruises do a couple more ports, your itinerary has what we consider the 4 big hitters and best ports of call.

We are due to sail Seaview next month it's the 17 night repo from Barcelona, and we added the first 7 nighter post repo giving us 24 YC nights! Essentially, following transatlantic sea days, that will give us 13 nights in the Caribbean which is more or less same as Preziosa you and we enjoyed almost 3 years ago! We then have 2 weeks to prepare for Christmas with the family, whom we will be hosting this year.

Best to you and Joann.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:00 AM, Beamafar said:

We have friends who boarded Grandiosa yesterday.   They had to choose a bottle of liquor - no miniatures in the minibar.  They chose champagne and received a bottle of Moët. 

1E271087-B5AD-408E-8C5B-B829B25E0019.thumb.jpeg.bc6836fd022924d69fa2e082a4f5fa7d.jpeg

C471561E-944D-43E6-BF08-59C78F9159BA.thumb.jpeg.ae6f5a9073ed5f4aa2dcc22685c74664.jpeg

I love those bottles of Coke!!  I am assuming that is a European option.  We will just get cans here in US.  

3 minutes ago, clemsonlori98 said:

I love those bottles of Coke!!  I am assuming that is a European option.  We will just get cans here in US.  

The best Coke from glass bottles, as far as DH is concerned (I don’t drink it), is in the Philippines.  He wouldn’t drink fizzy drinks very often, but he drank gallons of it over there.  Same with San Miguel beer.  Must be something in the water. 😱

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 12:35 AM, BoundForSea said:

So for those who follow the MSC YC bouncing ball of policies…

We boarded Divina this week and found out from our Butler that since the restart in the US, the Minibar will now only provide you snacks for free ONCE on your voyage. ONE of each: Pringles, nuts and a Twix Bar were loaded in it. That’s it for the voyage. After that if you ask for them to be replenished they will charge you for them. 

Also, alcohol nips are no longer provided. Instead they will offer you a bottle of wine or a bottle of alcohol (Rum, Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, etc) for the entirety of your cruise. If you want more than that, you will again be charged. Now I’ll tell you we requested Tangueray, and received a nice healthy large bottle of it that we won’t finish on our 4 night sailing for sure. I like this change better. Same as Celebrity Retreat. 

No change to non alcoholic drinks in the MiniFridge. There are 2 Heineken bottles provided as well like before, nothing to note on those changing at all. 

So those are the changes. Also no complimentary Macaroons or truffles at night daily. Only provided once for Diamond Club Members. We still get a fresh fruit bowl daily. 

That’s all folks. Now remember it’s MSC, your mileage may and WILL vary!! haha. 

Safe Cruising to you. 

We got plenty of pringles, but were sure to ask nicely.