Onboard Communications

phillygwm

Apologies if this has previously been asked and answered, I would have thought it was but I couldn't easily find it.

What's the best way to communicate onboard?  I know there are calling/messaging/group chats available via the NCL app for a cost (used to be $10 per person IIRC, though I never used it.)  I'll have the unlimited internet but my friends will not.  Am I correct to assume that the app is included whether or not people have the Internet package or have otherwise exhausted their FAS allotment?  Are there other/better options?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by phillygwm

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

Apologies if this has previously been asked and answered, I would have thought it was but I couldn't easily find it.

What's the best way to communicate onboard?  I know there are calling/messaging/group chats available via the NCL app for a cost (used to be $10 per person IIRC, though I never used it.)  I'll have the unlimited internet but my friends will not.  Am I correct to assume that the app is included whether or not people have the Internet package or have otherwise exhausted their FAS allotment?  Are there other/better options?

Thanks in advance!

The $10 option for in app messaging/calls is the best option. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Am I correct to assume that the app is included whether or not people have the Internet package or have otherwise exhausted their FAS allotment?

The app (independent of the chat feature) works without paying a dime, or even using your internet minutes.  The chat within the app is (or was) $10 and worked most of the time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

The $10 option for in app messaging/calls is the best option. 

Thanks.  I was leaning in that direction but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  The $0.79/minute for calls to land seems a decent value if you want to make the occasional 5 minute check in.