Cabins by Stairs/Elevators

BuckGood

1 hour ago, BuckGood said:

Anyone have any insight on having a cabin near the Panoramic Stairs/Elevators ? Elevator ring, noise etc? 
thanks! 

Have not found any issues with outside/balcony cabins just forward or aft of the stairway/elevators. I would not select an inside cabin that is adjacent to the elevator shafts. One example B422/5 on the Diamond.

I always try to be near but not first cabin beside stairways/elevators.  Quick access to other decks is great for me.  I do not enjoy walking down long corridors to get to my room. If there is a prom/walking deck i prefer to be one deck up from that as i love to go there to walk, be outside, close to the ocean and feel like i am on a cruise ship rather than a mall.  One quick trip up/down the stairway and good to go.

There are two locations we try to stay far from, the self-laundry rooms and the elevators.  We have had issues with elevator noise.  But, it's been so long that we've been on a ship (2 yrs) that I can't remember what ship(s) that was on???

Edited by LACruiser88

Guest Snaxmuppet

I was allocated a cabin near the panoramic elevator on Sky and was a bit worried. I shouldn't have been. No noise, no issue with passenger numbers. I would definitely take a cabin there again as it is so convenient.

5 hours ago, BuckGood said:

Hi all, has anyone had an issue with getting a cabin right near the stairs/elevators and if so what was the issue, noise like talking or the ring from the elevators!

Thank you!

We’ve never had noise issues when we’ve had cabins near the elevators. Generally speaking, people don’t gather much near them. The bells on the elevators are quite subtle, so you won’t be bothered by them either. 

We have had cabins near both those, and noise from either elevator or stairs wasn't a problem. On the other hand, we have had problems not near with of those with people staying in multiple cabins nearby and congregating in the hall forever talking loudly to each other before going into their cabins for the night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shellbeachjim said:

We’ve never had noise issues when we’ve had cabins near the elevators. Generally speaking, people don’t gather much near them. The bells on the elevators are quite subtle, so you won’t be bothered by them either. 

Same here, and no problem near the stairs.

• Like 1

No noise from the stairs or elevators, per se.  But we once had a cabin near that center stairway and could hear the party going on in the Atrium area.  Specifically the drums and loud bass of the band.  We were on deck 8 so we were only a couple of floors away from the action.  I don't recall it being that big a deal, but we could hear it. 

10 hours ago, dockman said:

I always try to be near but not first cabin beside stairways/elevators.  Quick access to other decks is great for me.  I do not enjoy walking down long corridors to get to my room. If there is a prom/walking deck i prefer to be one deck up from that as i love to go there to walk, be outside, close to the ocean and feel like i am on a cruise ship rather than a mall.  One quick trip up/down the stairway and good to go.

This.  Besides, I never experienced noise issues, just an occasional door closing or a laugh down the hall is all I remember.  Nothing major.

I always book a cabin close to the aft elevators.  However, I might think twice if there were going to be a lot of kids on the ship as they like to gather near them to "play games"  (i.e. jump on, press buttons and jump off,  "race" between two elevators, or the ones that have figured out how to press the buttons so it won't stop on any deck).  They, also, like to  gather near the steps.    We don't cruise during those times anymore when there may be a lot of kids so lately has not been a concern.  Just remembering the old days when we did cruise with our kids having no choice with school schedules.  We told them if we ever caught them doing those shintiyan's, it would be the stairs for them for the rest of the cruise (lol).  

13 hours ago, BuckGood said:

We will be on the Sapphire and currently have been allocated D423 M1 Mini Suite! 

Funny, before we got our ships changes (to Royal) we were in D421 and I was thinking how convenient it would be to be near the stairs. We have been by stairs and pretty close to elevators with no issue as well. I like being able to hop on the stairs and go wherever we need to go without waiting for elevators.

23 hours ago, BuckGood said:

Hi all, has anyone had an issue with getting a cabin right near the stairs/elevators and if so what was the issue, noise like talking or the ring from the elevators!

Thank you!

as a very light sleeper, we were on the Island Princess with an inside cabin and it backed up to elevator shaft which was used all night long by kitchen staff.  UGH.  I find being near the elevators and/or laundry area that people tend to get off elevators and talk loudly while going to their cabins and the same with the laundry area.  Anything four or more doors from those items has been better.  Now my husband can sleep thru anything, so I think it depends on the individual.

13 hours ago, jwattle said:

If you like it, I would have it marked "do not upgrade" 🙂

In your case I would not do this. D403 is a cat. M1, club class mini suite. This next level up are full suites with all the full suite amenities. If I received this upgrade no charge I would be happy. However, this kind of upgrade is often offered as an upsell which may or may not be attractive.  

Edited by skynight