Looking for hotel/cruise/shuttle package for Bayonne, NJ port

amberjohn

2 hours ago, amberjohn said:

I have called 7 hotels that had the hotel/cruise/shuttle package for Bayonne, NJ port before

the pandemic.  None of them have restarted the packages.  Has anyone found a hotel that

does this package since cruising has started again?

Rather than calling the hotels directly have you tried booking through trinityreservations.com as I and others have suggested to you several times ? In the past some hotels only sold those packages through booking agencies such as Trinity Reservations.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Rather than calling the hotels directly have you tried booking through trinityreservations.com as I and others have suggested to you several times ? In the past some hotels only sold those packages through booking agencies such as Trinity Reservations.

6 out of 7 of the hotels Trinity deals with are not doing the package, at least not doing it now. The 7th they aren’t sure about?

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

That's odd because Trinity has the packages on their website .

I know, I was thinking that they never changed the web site or that they were getting ready to start them up again? I’m going to try them again, maybe stuff has changed/updated?  Thanks for the suggestion, never knew a site like this existed.

2 minutes ago, amberjohn said:

I know, I was thinking that they never changed the web site or that they were getting ready to start them up again? I’m going to try them again, maybe stuff has changed/updated?  Thanks for the suggestion, never knew a site like this existed.

I hope it works out for you. 

The Courtyard Newark Elizabeth has it on their website.  I just looked for this Saturday.

When you're on Marriott.com, click DEALS & Packages and then you'll have to click on SEE MORE PACKAGES.

The Residence Inn EWR Elizabeth has it as well, so does the Renaissance but it doesn't include transfers.  TBH, I'd book an Uber/Lyft anyway.  Same with the Courtyard Newark Airport.  Nothing about transfers.  

The Country Inn also does, if you click on details it's there. 

You can also book a park n fly and just get an uber/lyft or cab.

If they tell you they don't have it, direct them to their consumer website and tell them to look and honor the price or get a manager to remove it.   Otherwise, just get a room, and park at the pier. 

Edited by megr1125

• 2 weeks later...

I also found the Embassy Suites on the Trinity site.  It is a lot less expensive than booking Country Inn & Suites directly (and they only allow 7 days of parking before charging $20/day for additional days) and Embassy Suites says it is sold out.  I tried to make a reservation for next August and everything seemed to work (I didn't actually book it).  I don't know why Embassy Suites would do it - but is it possible that Trinity reserved all/most of the rooms?  I hate that they take my money now and "guarantee" a refund if I cancel up to one day before arrival - but the savings are great.      

7 hours ago, acctgtogo said:

I also found the Embassy Suites on the Trinity site.  It is a lot less expensive than booking Country Inn & Suites directly     I hate that they take my money now and "guarantee" a refund if I cancel up to one day before arrival - but the savings are great.      

The charge to your card will appear under a name different than Trinity.

Once cancelled a booking with Trinity and had no issues with credit applied to my charge card.

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

The charge to your card will appear under a name different than Trinity.

Once cancelled a booking with Trinity and had no issues with credit applied to my charge card.

I booked Country Inn Cruise package through Trinity and it was $30 cheaper than the Embassy package and much cheaper than booking directly through the hotel.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, megr1125 said:

The Courtyard Newark Elizabeth has it on their website.  I just looked for this Saturday.

When you're on Marriott.com, click DEALS & Packages and then you'll have to click on SEE MORE PACKAGES.

The Residence Inn EWR Elizabeth has it as well, so does the Renaissance but it doesn't include transfers.  TBH, I'd book an Uber/Lyft anyway.  Same with the Courtyard Newark Airport.  Nothing about transfers.  

The Country Inn also does, if you click on details it's there. 

You can also book a park n fly and just get an uber/lyft or cab.

If they tell you they don't have it, direct them to their consumer website and tell them to look and honor the price or get a manager to remove it.   Otherwise, just get a room, and park at the pier. 

Would like your opinion Meg.    Going to be going out on the Oasis on a B2B for 12 days in June, 5 north to Canada and then 7 south to Bahamas.  If the Bayonne cruise parking stays the same @ 25 per night, that's 300.00, if it goes up, that's 360.00.   Here are the two options I'm looking at.  Booking the Embassy Suites through Trinity for 188, which includes 14 days of parking and then grabbing an Uber/Lyft XL for about 26 according to Rideguru.  This would put me at around 250 with tip.  Second option is I can get parking at the Renaissance for 94.00 for the 12 days, putting me around 156.00 including rt Uber/Lyft XL.   The Embassy Suites for one night with parking and breakfast will cost me double what the parking only at the Renaissance would be.  Which way would you go?  Thanks.