Stateroom 400 on Pride or Legend

KramerLee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Are you susceptible to motion sickness on a ship?  Those cabins are at the very bow of the ship.

image.png.5d0d54d0c6401a0f6d6a4f4713cb69fe.png

For me it might be a problem, but some other people are just fine up there!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

Are you susceptible to motion sickness on a ship?  Those cabins are at the very bow of the ship.

image.png.5d0d54d0c6401a0f6d6a4f4713cb69fe.png

For me it might be a problem, but some other people are just fine up there!

~Nancy

Neither my husband nor I are susceptible to motion sickness - we always take meclazine with us but as yet have never used it! 
I love the idea of having the bed in a separate little alcove, but wasn't sure if there was some downside I was missing, other than the movement of the bow. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, maryanntiger said:

My husband and i were in this cabin on a lower level for a Caribbean cruise.    Motion sickness was not really an issue.  In the lower level, we had a lot of anchor noise.    

Thanks, Maryann. We did discuss the anchor noise, but I don't think it will bother us, since on port days we'll want to be up early anyway - it'll function as an alarm clock! 😉

Great to hear that you didn't experience motion sickness. I just put down the deposit today so we could get the 2025 early booking special. So excited!!

• 4 months later...

We took the Star Pride in Sept/ Oct 2023, room 511. We went from Reykjavik to Montreal via Greenland.  The ship was perfect and lovely.  On CC reviews I wrote a review  called " Extraordinary, Says It All".

The ship was in tip top shape. That was our 27 th cruise WS mostly on the sailing ships ( all but 2 ) and we loved it. I would imagine in the Caribbean it will be glorious. Sailors most of our life, we are on the Surf 1/6. Happy Sailing.

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

I've just boarded the Star Legend and I'm in stateroom 400.

I also looked for more information on the room layout before settling on it but there wasn't much at all. 

Here's a few images of the room. 

I will have a full room walkthrough plus some other content on my YouTube channel in a few days, after I've had enough time to experience the stateroom and the ship. 

If you have any other questions for me while I'm onboard let me know and I'll see if I can get the answers for you. 

PXL_20240303_135649563.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.ce5f65afc37d64e3cd617b6a7840d7ca.jpg

PXL_20240303_135940517.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.19711529055a2f497952cdf021b41b62.jpg

PXL_20240303_135706196.RAW-01_MP.COVER.thumb.jpg.fd0b5c680c9da357f7166ae044f72d56.jpg

PXL_20240303_135717424.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.204c1004d05e773fd21ab54b04fb44a7.jpg

PXL_20240303_135747983.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.0aa7169d382079afb8fb72542f790721.jpg

PXL_20240303_135813878.RAW-01_MP.COVER.thumb.jpg.642d1d92908a92bd535bdf1dbe36b68d.jpg

PXL_20240303_135840998.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.b3702d432d9b1f4a3b8c0b5cd31ed120.jpg

Edited by niftrip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hI!

We were in this room in January 2024.  We loved it.  The layout is much more to my liking than the more rectangular layout.  Thanks for the pics though, I did not take any.  We were hoping to be in this same room on our trip in 2025, but the price exceeded our budget so we were put in a different state room, midship 3rd deck.  

the one downside to those who sleep in would be that you hear the things that happen in docking and anchoring (lot of chains / noise).  This happened every morning we docked/anchored and we let this serve as our "ship alarm clock" so we did not have issues with it but some would.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, igoplaces said:

hI!

We were in this room in January 2024.  We loved it.  The layout is much more to my liking than the more rectangular layout.  Thanks for the pics though, I did not take any.  We were hoping to be in this same room on our trip in 2025, but the price exceeded our budget so we were put in a different state room, midship 3rd deck.  

the one downside to those who sleep in would be that you hear the things that happen in docking and anchoring (lot of chains / noise).  This happened every morning we docked/anchored and we let this serve as our "ship alarm clock" so we did not have issues with it but some would.

I love the layout too. I'd also choose this by preference again. 

One thing I love about Windstar is that all staterooms are great. Most people would be more than comfortable in any cabin category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Is the notch (top left on the deck plan) where the anchor is?  That would certainly amplify the sound!

Based on pictures, the anchor is one deck down and about midway between the actual cabin and the bow.  Even if it's not as close as you thought, it will still definitely wake you up in the morning

16 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Where is the closet in these cabins? How large is it as compared to the walk in closet?

In the entrance way there is closet storage both sides. Lots of storage space in the cabin. 

• Like 1

That’s a really nice floor plan. Thank you very much for sharing the photos. 

It seems to have one window instead of the normal two. Did you find it to be dark at all?

On 3/5/2024 at 2:19 AM, Pudgesmom said:

That’s a really nice floor plan. Thank you very much for sharing the photos. 

It seems to have one window instead of the normal two. Did you find it to be dark at all?

Personally I don't find it dark. It's not drenched in light, though. It definitely feels warmer with lights on in the cabin, even in the daytime. 

The cabin attendant generally leaves a few lights on when making up the room. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I just booked Star Breeze Dreams of Tahiti in cabin 400 for April 10, 2025. The Windstar rep on the phone confirmed that this is a great cabin layout.

It has been great. 

There is certainly more movement given its location. It's noticeable but not by a huge margin. 

You do get the odd banging noise from crew using stairs close by and the extra noise when anchoring. 

It's not been a problem for me because I'm an early riser and am generally out of the cabin through the day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2