Which Dreams of Tahiti Huahine Shore Excursion?

travelovingnurse

Hi,

Which Dreams of Tahiti shore excursion do you recommend on Huahine? 

The choices are:

E-Bike

Sacred Sites and Legendary Places

Scenic Huahine by ATV

4x4 Nature Adventure

Snorkeling Expedition

Safari Expedition

We aren't really interested in a Pearl Farm and Pottery tour, so I am not sure about the Safari Expedition since that is featured in the description.  

I appreciate your help!  

Hi, Have a great trip. We were on Windstar's first trip back to Tahiti and we also crossed the Pacific with them,  then took the cruise. We loved every second. We like art and culture so we did the Sacred Sites and Legendary Places and it was fantastic learning more about the Moais  and the differences of the Moais in Tahiti compared to Easter  Island ( we had been  to Easter Island ). You visit a great little museum, see the blue eyed eels, walk to the a Moai site, learn about the Polynesian triangle very educational and fascinating. We are firm believers  in small, local museums and wherever we travel we try to visit them. This museum was very special. 

Great, great trip.Enjoy. Happy Sailing. 

Hi again, We really enjoyed Dr. Poole's spinning dolphin tour.  There  was no more than 8-10 of us in a boat and he was so kind, passionate,  and interesting. This was out of Moorea. On Bora Borea our excursion was canceled due to weather. We took an island tour which I thought was a waste, it is me, I am simply not interested in tourist sites that the world goes to as in that restaurant/gift shop. No history, art, nothing simply driving around.  We did swim with the rays and sharks off  another island which we loved because I love to be in salt water. What I truly loved the most was the beauty of sailing in the lagoon on the Spirit. Glorious views, glorious reflections in waters, I think if I had been on any other ship there and had seen the Spirit I would been so angry with myself because for us it was the allure of the sails in the gorgeous lagoon. Great memories. Enjoy. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, travelovingnurse said:

Hi,

Which Dreams of Tahiti shore excursion do you recommend on Huahine? 

The choices are:

E-Bike

Sacred Sites and Legendary Places

Scenic Huahine by ATV

4x4 Nature Adventure

Snorkeling Expedition

Safari Expedition

We aren't really interested in a Pearl Farm and Pottery tour, so I am not sure about the Safari Expedition since that is featured in the description.  

I appreciate your help!  

We last sailed Windstar in Tahiti in January 2020 (just under the COVID wire).  This was my third trip to Huahine (last over 20 years ago) but first for my wife.  We did go on the Safari Expedition and really enjoyed it. 

We did not go for the stops, as much as we went because it was the best tour for a sense of the relaxed, low key nature of this island.  I wanted to share with my wife why this is the most likely spot in the whole world to lower my blood pressure.  Our guide and the nature of the overall excursion delivered what I expected.  Side note: We also stopped at a vanilla plantation, where we got the best vanilla we have found in a long time.

Our second choice would have been Sacred Sites and Legendary Places.  Hope this helps.

Just talked to someone on the 10/7 cruise who said at this point they are being allowed to do independent excursions. There is also Huahine Voile, a 12 passenger sailing ship with snorkeling,

https://www.tahitisailingcharter.com/index.php?lang=english

And you shouldn't miss H2O Bora Bora, #1 on TA! https://www.boraborah2o.com/index.html

two boats with only 4 and 6 passengers respectively. Outstanding snorkeling tour and 1/2 day only $110. The tour leaders really nice and knowledgeable people.

We did the Motu Picnic tour in Huahine.  It was enjoyable because we did a lot of tours that involved snorkeling or swimming with reef sharks etc at other stops, and this was a nice change of pace.  The Poisson Cru making demo was good … our tour guide said her recipe was the best but by that time we had eaten so much of it we just nodded and agreed.  I’m glad we did it but it’s definitely not one of those tours where you walk away saying “we need to do that again next time we come”

Oddly enough we;'ve always gone independent with Bruno and or someone else, however we detest the non-snorkling portion at this point in out FP travels, so we are sailing O28, choose the ATV just to do something different, and booked the WS drift in the morning on the Motu day, which means we get more bang, but this is where the ships excursion is the best, as it focus on the Coral Garden, and allows 3 or multiple passes, not just one, plus it's very relaxing in the shallow clear water post drift, it's a spectacular excursion, right up there with anything Patrick does in Bora Bora

jc