U---Upping Your Exercise

I---Ice for Water or Sore Muscles

S---Smiling when Stepping on the Scale

E---Excited when you See a Loss

D---Delightful

A---Around the Ship We Go

Y---Your Happy

S---Sleeping on the SEA----Smile!

Good Morning Belle - thanks for starting the thread.  I am down again this week 0.6# - which means with the "ups" I am the same that I was the end of August.  It is ok!

We had family time the beginning of the week.  One of my son-in-law's birthday and my DD's and another son-in-law's anniversary.  We celebrated by ordering pizza from 6 different local places and then rating them.  They were good, but don't think I want to look at pizza again for a long time.  It was fun though.

Hope everyone had a good week.  DH said that since we have 72 days until our net cruise we should start going to the gym more ... sadly, he will lose and I probably will have a tougher time of it.  We are going to Charleston next month for a get together with my siblings (and a few nieces/nephews) for my oldest sister's 75th birthday.  Life gets shorter all the time.   Jan

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice start to the thread, thanks. It's pretty chilly up here, wearing sweaters in the house & socks again.

Jan ~ sounds like some fun times you've had & will have. Yikes that's a lot of pizza!!

I'll be the same age as your big sister, in December.

Oh, btw I'm up 0.2 lbs so not too bad a gain for the butter tarts I ate & maybe some popcorn.😉

My cruise is coming up in a month & getting the tests is playing on my mind. A couple from Church are leaving Sunday for a Med cruise so I'm going to try to find out how the testing in the city an hour away went, then maybe do that too.

Have a nice day. I'm off to take my car in for the 2nd time this week!!$$$

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle thanks for encouraging words

Jan - great wt considering pizza party

Jo - O.2 is maintaining 

Im maintaining. Down 1.6 for month.  Harder part ahead -  learning the right calorie count to keep wt steady.

Jo and Jan seems were the same age.  In December I’ll turn 72 - my sisters will be 73 - 74- 64.

Jo I’m cruising Nov 8.  Carnival accepts Abbott tele  health tests.  I purchased 3 for  us .  Figure will go to sons so he can walk me through the process.   Will buy an extra kit closer to cruise - Just  in case we need it.  If we don’t need it son can use for his December cruise.

I have an iPad / phone there is a problem with connecting posting  on this site. If you don’t hear from me that is the reason

@Jan_In_Maineenjoy your cruise.. will the cruise ship test you?? 

@IzenaResearch this. I've heard that the tests need to be linked to someone before using and cannot use tele med for someone else

Did not measure this morning. Will do so tomorrow.  (I forgot it was Thursday)

@Bellei love fall. My clothes don't 

Here is what I know

received kit. - big notice NOT to open until I instructed

box instructs to download  app

register to the site — I got that far

Next steps I’ll wait for my son to help.

enter the test box bar code

make an appointment  ( from what I’ve read need to wait til closer to cruise)

I assume during the appt verification of vaccination match with ID (will probably be drivers license or passport) then will be instructed about and witness taking test.  

Hello all.  Finished the 14 day Celebrity cruise.  Weight up 3.5 pounds. I will actually take that considering all that I consumed in 2 weeks😀.  Wonderful cruising again!   This weekend lifting weights again as I am taking are of my little 20 pound bowling ball grandson.  That should help as we are getting ready for a 9 day Oct. 8 cruise.  Sorry gotta go...baby calling.  Susan

• Like 1

@Alabaster Cruiser have fun making up for lost cruises

I measured. Up 1/2". Not bad. My new top arrived. The body fits but the shoulders are tight when putting on but not once on. However each time I try it on it fits better. I had thought the buttonholes were real. If so it would be fine. So now I have to decide to return or make them real. The next size isn't available 

Edited by Ombud

Hello Everyone!

Jan---Congrats on the loss. Yes be happy at least the same and not up from Aug.

You had the loss even with family eating that's good. Nice to have a cruise to look

foward to and yes "the men" lose faster then women sorry to say.

Jo---That's such a small gain, our weight changes day to day bet it's gone now.

Sorry about your car. I'm just going to take the home test and hope I do it right.

Like Izena think will ask my son to help he's cruising on Oct. 8th. Haven't ordered it

yet waiting till Nov. in case cruise lines change it which I doubt. I leave Nov. 22th.

Izena---Good loss. Thought you were at goal. Did you want more loss's? See you leave before

me the 8th of Nov. Tell how the test went.  Least I'll get two how their sent so if make a mistake.

One person drop theirs so they wouldn't it but he had another to use.

Ombud---I think there's only one cruise line in US that will test at port. Other wise you get it

some where and hope back in time. (2days isn't good) or take home test which seems to be the best.

The cruises lines will test you when taking B2b's. They will have to test me five times.

When you went on your cruise you didn't have to test. That was nice. Hope your blouse fits you

like you want soon.

Susan---Welcome back. Glad you had a good time. Hope your gain is water weight and will come

off fast. Not bad for two weeks. Did you have to take the test before you left. If so how did it

go?  Have fun with your grandson.

Can tell we all love cruising here. Ombud has been already and has other one coming, I think.

Susan just came back and going again. Jan, Jo, Izena and I have cruises coming up. 

The Cruising __________Fill in the blank didn't want to say something that wasn't correct!😎

Where are you Opti?

Where are you Rose?

Where are all of YOU that are Missing?

Edited by Belle

Oh yeah I remember that madhouse well. I had about a week to find a place that would give me a test and a result within 3 days. I really didn't want to fly up to Seattle, do the test, turn out to be asymptomatic, and be stuck there. After the 10th pharmacy I found minute clinic. But that was one day I don't want to repeat!!!! Next time it's 2 days before but at least I can do it in 4 local places (1 free to me)

Belle - I have the a new goal.  Figure out the correct amt of calories to maintain my wt.   It is very scary to  get off the ride I’ve been on for over a year.  (The saggy skin is still padded with fat so I’m ok) 

Hello on this Monday Oct. 4th. Oct. already--funny it's like the days are  so slow

but the year is going by so fast!

Ombud-- yes the test is good to be safe but the two day time frame is hard. For me

what's offered here have get the home test. They stopped the rapid tests here don't know why.

Izena--Good luck on finding what's the amount to eat not to gain or lose to much.

You've done a great job so far. Saggy skin is a problem with losing weight and 

growing older. Most of us just have to put up with it unless you can afford and/or want

surgery.

How is everyone doing this 1st week of Oct.?  Getting ready for the last months of the year?

Getting ready for cruises, different Holidays or whatever?

Are you finding it harder to diet now that fall is here and winter is coming?

Saggy skin just cover it up with clothes OR wear it proudly.  Surgery not an option for me.   

shopped for cruise needed 2 tops with 3/4 or full sleeves.  Found them- had to go to store wasn’t sure of size.   Went in thinking med  Surprised the smalls fit without binding.   - I’m shrinking. Few years ago realized I was 5’5”” not 5’6.  — jus checked Im 5’ 3”