Star Pride and Star Legend ship shuffling

new_cruiser

If you have a cruise the rest of this year or early next year on Star Pride or Star Legend, you might check on it's status. I received notice that my Star Pride cruise will be on Star Legend. That's fine; the ships are virtually identical and I don't care which one I'm on. Others with Star Legend cruises have gotten word of cancelled cruises. The letter I received from Windstar starts:

"The current global environment requires us to make operational changes to the fleet deployment which includes keeping Star Pride out of service until spring. We are moving the newly transformed, all-suite Star Legend to the Caribbean in place of Star Pride."

My TA says that because of COVID, many lines are reducing the number of active ships they have - fewer passengers and difficulty getting ports are having an impact. 

The website still says "Star Pride" for my cruise, but there don't seem to be Star Legend and Star Pride cruises with overlapping dates so it looks like the cancelled cruises have been removed but they haven't updated the ship name.

Our February cruise on the Legend in Costa Rica was cancelled last week and taken off the website. We had booked this cruise after a January Costa Rica cruise had been cancelled. We were also supposed to be on the transpacific cruise to Tahiti which was cancelled. Not to mention the 8 other cruises that were cancelled due to COVID in one way or another. Hard to trust that any cruise we book now will actually sail.

6 hours ago, milepig said:

With itins listed under the original ship, is there any way to stitch together where the Legend IS going by date?

I did it by choosing both Star Pride and Star Legend for Find A Cruise. Since Star Pride won't be in the Caribbean this season, all those sailings will be on Star Legend.