Cape Liberty Parking Fee Increase

LorraineP

A safe and secure parking facility is conveniently located adjacent to the cruise terminal. Parking fees are $25 per day including all taxes. Effective 10/15/2021, parking will be $30 per day including all taxes. Cash and major credit cards are accepted.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

So, for my 11-day cruise, that would be $330, plus the outrageous tolls on the PA Turnpike, plus the gas to drive. Yeah, that decision to book air and hotel last month looks like it was a good one.

Take I-80, no tolls

I find this very interesting. So I leave for my cruise on October 10th and return on October 17th. They do not make you pay until you are leaving. So do you think they will charge me $25 for the four days and $30 for three days. I bet they will be charging me $30 for all 7 days 

6 minutes ago, BILNAN said:

I find this very interesting. So I leave for my cruise on October 10th and return on October 17th. They do not make you pay until you are leaving. So do you think they will charge me $25 for the four days and $30 for three days. I bet they will be charging me $30 for all 7 days 

If you live in NJ, wouldn't it be cheaper to take a car service -- Dial-7?

i know you have to pay before you get back to your car. but is it generally better to park higher up?  reason i ask is during local concerts etc, its always impossible to get out of the spot if you are in a lower level because of the huge backup at the exit gates and that backup that goes up a few levels. 

56 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i know you have to pay before you get back to your car. but is it generally better to park higher up?  reason i ask is during local concerts etc, its always impossible to get out of the spot if you are in a lower level because of the huge backup at the exit gates and that backup that goes up a few levels. 

When I parked 9/19 for Oasis, attendants had cars fill spaces in succession; no choosing. With the new debarkation process and schedule (with reduced capacity), there was no line when exiting and barely a wait for an elevator.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mugtech said:

Or park at the ABE airport in Allentown for $5/day and take the Twin Bridges Bus nonstop to the port for about $35 round trip for seniors.

Transbridge has suspended their bus service to cruise piers, Bayonne & Manhattan. We have always used then in the past, very convenient. 

8 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

I was just there for the Oasis 9/19 sailing.  We just got to our car and paid at the exit of the garage.  There was an attendant who takes your credit card and puts it in the slot for you.  He hands you the receipt if you want it.   As far as paying CASH.....I do believe you do have to pay before you enter the parking garage.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

I dont know of any concert parking at cruise terminal garage?  If they do I doubt there would be a problem with leaving the parking lot at 8 or 9 am when disembarking the ship.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, Merion_Mom said:

That's the reason that I take a limo to Cape Liberty the morning of my cruises.  🙂 

Merion Mom, a question.I live in Aston,PA ( Delaware County) ,and wondered what limo/ car service that you use.Long time cruiser,but 1 st time going out of Cape Liberty.

Thanks

On 9/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, BILNAN said:

I bet you are right!

On 9/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, luckyinpa said:

We used the deck numerous times.  Never had a back up leaving, since you pay before you get to your car. Only reason to park on a higher level would be in case another hurricane was forecast 😁 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, Merion_Mom said:

That's the reason that I take a limo to Cape Liberty the morning of my cruises.  🙂 

We live in North Jersey.  Last time we cruised the $$ difference between driving in (tolls, gas, parking) and car service was negligible, so we opted for the convenience and piece of mind to drive in.  Now with the $5/day increase, it may sway us to use the car service.  Of course, the car service price probably went up too???

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, mugtech said:

Or park at the ABE airport in Allentown for $5/day and take the Twin Bridges Bus nonstop to the port for about $35 round trip for seniors.

Mugtech - can you tell me more about this option?  I don’t see  Cape Liberty on their schedule.  Or did you mean bus service to EWR?  Thanks

Edited by Suzanne123

59 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Mugtech - can you tell me more about this option?  I don’t see  Cape Liberty on their schedule.  Or did you mean bus service to EWR?  Thanks

Not mugtech, but if you read the next post after the one you quoted you'll see that the service to Cape Liberty was suspended.

It's not been restarted with the return of cruising but perhaps sometime down the road when ships are sailing at capacity they'll be sufficient demand to make it profitable for them to restart the service.