NCL Escape November 1 2022 Transatlantic Rome - New York

petay63

Hi 

My husband and I have just booked this cruise fingers crossed all goes well with being able to travel from Australia. Have not been on a cruise for 2 years now and getting sick of not being able to travel overseas. 

Peter & Matt 

• 1 month later...

Howdy!  My husband and I have been booked on this a while.....  just now getting back into the routine of visiting here to check in on things....

We'll be flying into Rome from Phoenix, AZ a few days before, and making our way to port on 1st.....  we've made that trek before, and found the train to be a pretty easy (and inexpensive) way to get from Rome to the port.

Sooooo ready for this cruise.  I've certainly missed cruising!
Greg

Hi Greg 

Good to hear we have another couple on the cruise as well, We are arriving into Rome on the 31st and will probably stay at the port somewhere for the night. My hubbie and I are both aviation people as well. Will be good to swap some stories. 

Peter & Matt 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, petay63 said:

Hi Greg 

Are you guys still travelling on this cruise ..... Its getting closer 

absolutely!  Sorry it's taken me so long to reply......  haven't been on Cruise Critic much, but certainly need to get caught up!

We have an apartment booked for 4 nights, arriving on 28Oct.  We have a fellow airline friend coming along for the land portion, and she'll probably head home on 1st.

I just booked our train tickets from Termini to Civitavecchia.  It was around $30usd. (splurged and bought 1st class seats, no less!)

Just trying to force myself to get things planned for some of the ports.  We are both pretty independent types, so we often book outside companies for excursions, or just do our own thing.   

Just came back from our Alaska cruise on 11sep.......  lots of cool pics and memories.....  and one not-so-cool souvenir :  Covid.   ugh.  

I am so ready to be back on a ship again.

See ya soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flybear said:

absolutely!  Sorry it's taken me so long to reply......  haven't been on Cruise Critic much, but certainly need to get caught up!

We have an apartment booked for 4 nights, arriving on 28Oct.  We have a fellow airline friend coming along for the land portion, and she'll probably head home on 1st.

I just booked our train tickets from Termini to Civitavecchia.  It was around $30usd. (splurged and bought 1st class seats, no less!)

Just trying to force myself to get things planned for some of the ports.  We are both pretty independent types, so we often book outside companies for excursions, or just do our own thing.   

Just came back from our Alaska cruise on 11sep.......  lots of cool pics and memories.....  and one not-so-cool souvenir :  Covid.   ugh.  

I am so ready to be back on a ship again.

See ya soon.

Good to hear you are both still going on the cruise, We have a week in Berlin first from 23-30th Oct then fly to Rome and head straight down to the port for 2nights before the cruise at the Hotel Traiano ... It was going to be 3 of us on the cruise but our girlfriend had to cancel due to work. We cannot wait we both need a holiday. 

• Like 1