Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

I've been debating on whether to do a live this time as Anthem only has a few cruises left from the UK but there has not been one and hopefully it will help someone so here goes☺️.

We board in Southampton tomorrow with stops in Liverpool, Greenock(Glasgow) and Belfast. Even though it's the UK we've never been to any of them, we did an MSC cruise in June but didn't get off the ship as we couldn't go by ourselves. Fortunately this time we can come and go as we please although haven't got anything major planned in ports. The weather forecast is not looking too promising, wet and windy most of the week, typical British weather but we'll be happy just to be back on a ship.

We got our negative PCR tests back yesterday (still 3 days before in the UK) and did most of our packing last night. Just had the notification to answer the health questions in the app so that must mean we've only got 24 hours to go.....

There are a few other CC regulars on this cruise too so please feel free to add your thoughts if you want.

Julie

• Like 6

Hope you have a great cruise, we were debating to do one of the last Anthem Seacations but decided against it.  Looking forward to your review. Are you staying locally in Southampton tonight or driving to port tomorrow?  

We've been at work today so driving in the morning. It takes us around 3- 1/2 to 4 hours so it will be an early start. Hoping to leave around 6.30 am, we have a 12.30 check in but in a JS so hopefully that means we can arrive an hour earlier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

We've been at work today so driving in the morning. It takes us around 3- 1/2 to 4 hours so it will be an early start. Hoping to leave around 6.30 am, we have a 12.30 check in but in a JS so hopefully that means we can arrive an hour earlier. 

Hi Julie, I’ll be interested to find out if you can board early as we’re in a JS on the following weeks sailing (also did the Virtuosa in June the same as you. I remember your posts on the MSC board, you were in Yacht Club if I recall correctly?). We’ve got a 12:00 check in with an approx 2.5hr drive and it would be nice to know if we arrive early we won’t have to sit in our car and wait until the allotted time.

Thanks, Carole

21 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Julie, I’ll be interested to find out if you can board early as we’re in a JS on the following weeks sailing (also did the Virtuosa in June the same as you. I remember your posts on the MSC board, you were in Yacht Club if I recall correctly?). We’ve got a 12:00 check in with an approx 2.5hr drive and it would be nice to know if we arrive early we won’t have to sit in our car and wait until the allotted time.

Thanks, Carole

I'll post about the boarding tomorrow, hopefully we won't get held up, if we have some spare time think we will try and fill up with petrol for the drive home if we can find some.

Yes we were in YC last cruise, hope it hasn't spoilt us too much! Seriously though we love RCL so looking forward to being back onboard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kernow said:

I'll post about the boarding tomorrow, hopefully we won't get held up, if we have some spare time think we will try and fill up with petrol for the drive home if we can find some.

Yes we were in YC last cruise, hope it hasn't spoilt us too much! Seriously though we love RCL so looking forward to being back onboard.

Hubby has been working in the Southampton area all week, says the petrol situation there is dire. Probably worth looking before you reach the area. Luckily it’s not too bad now where we live in Coventry so we should be ok next week. Have a great cruise, if you find time let us know how it’s going

• Like 1

Happy you decided to do a live review.  We'll be on Anthem in December (fingers crossed) so excited to follow along.  Must be such a relief to get that negative test result.  The great thing with Anthem is it's ok if the weather isn't great.  Happy travels.  Looking forward to following along.

I'd be interested to know if they are very strict on the check in time also... We only managed to get a 4pm slot for the 9th Oct sailing which feels so late to me ☹️. We will get on the ship and basically have to get ready for dinner! 

Edited by Mark_UK

20 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Thank you.  We were on this cruise and decided to cancel when given the option of a full refund.  Glad I can live it virtually!

We booked just as the itinerary changed. I was looking at the Portugal/Spain cruise then it disappeared from the website and came back a few days later as this one but we decided to book anyway.

1 hour ago, Mark_UK said:

I'd be interested to know if they are very strict on the check in time also... We only managed to get a 4pm slot for the 9th Oct sailing which feels so late to me ☹️. We will get on the ship and basically have to get ready for dinner! 

I turned up an hour early last time and it was for. The guy checking your paperwork said they only worry about the check in time if it gets too busy

• Like 1

I have heard of others on previous sailings getting there early and having no issues.

Can you try to find out how many are on board and what the next sailing may be like (as I'm on the 9th sailing)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gavvy said:

and what the next sailing may be like (as I'm on the 9th sailing)

Me too! I’ve read that numbers will be higher than they have been as many pax were booked on the original 11 night Canary Islands cruise prior to the itinerary being changed. Hope it’s not too busy in the Solarium as I’m sure a lot will be heading there if the weather doesn’t improve 😎

Edited by CaroleC

20 minutes ago, gavvy said:

I have heard of others on previous sailings getting there early and having no issues.

Can you try to find out how many are on board and what the next sailing may be like (as I'm on the 9th sailing)

Someone on board has said 1800 ish on this one.  34 are b2b with current sailing 

Weather forecast says sunny 😎 in Greenock… I’ll believe it when I see it!! 

Edited by little britain

21 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

I turned up an hour early last time and it was for. The guy checking your paperwork said they only worry about the check in time if it gets too busy

Great to hear, thank you! 😁

All checked in sitting in the terminal waiting to board. 11.40 and they have just announced boarding is about to start. No one checked any assigned times. Just been on the app and booked WWRY and Spectras Cabaret. Also booked I fly for this afternoon if I am brave enough😁. Mark will do it anyway.

We were easily able to get fuel on A303, once we reached Salisbury we saw some queues and shortages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Snap with being on board. Also booked WWRY and spectra’s, also chops for tonight and then wonderland tomorrow. Will try to sneak into coastal most other nights as we’re in a JS. 

Currently in 270 enjoying a roast beef roll, love em. It’s nice and quiet unlike windjammer, good place to grab a snack. And enjoy the view of the torrential rain!