Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

We went to 270 for lunch too, nice and quiet. Great to enjoy a glass of wine with one of our vouchers, loving the new system. We were able to book CK for dinner at 6.30, would have liked a bit later but he said it's busy this week. Also booked Jamie's for tomorrow to use our BOGOF.

Just been for a wander around the ship, weather is atrocious but solarium was surprisingly empty. Also popped to guest services for some meclizine (it's the only one that works for me) as I think it could be rough later.

No sign of luggage yet.

IMG_20211002_134430.jpg

20211002_134327.jpg

20211002_134310.jpg

• Like 2

Are you allowed to go to your staterooms yet? On the Royal app for my cruise is states that they tend to be ready 2 hours before sail-away & luggage available an hour afterwards? I'm hoping those are no later times and the reality is that both are usually much earlier.

11 minutes ago, PJL1973 said:

Are you allowed to go to your staterooms yet? On the Royal app for my cruise is states that they tend to be ready 2 hours before sail-away & luggage available an hour afterwards? I'm hoping those are no later times and the reality is that both are usually much earlier.

They announced that cabins were ready while we were eating lunch I think around 12.30, I know it was early. It's now around 3.30 and no sign of any luggage on our deck (deck 10) yet.

We're heading up to ifly shortly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just been for a wander around the ship, weather is atrocious but solarium was surprisingly empty.

A beautiful solarium makes the most atrocious weather bearable. Enjoy your sail off!

Check in for us was rather slow at 12:30.

Surprised by the number of children on board given that it is not school holidays.

I accidentally found my suitcase outside the cabin in the opposite hallway! 
No paperwork in my cabin regarding D+ appointments… went down to loyalty to find out what was happening.   The top tier event when 2 friends turn 🍍is tomorrow morning at 10:15. The toast with the officer and lunch is day 6 and the behind the scenes with Joff is day 7. 
But a plus point is the loyalty lady has already given me my block I’m due on the last night for 420 points! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Everything was in our cabin when we arrived, met our cabin steward this afternoon and she seems very nice, she has already bought the ice and wine glasses we asked for. If anyone wants any of the paperwork posted let me know.

I managed Ifly and so glad I did, it was fun, if I can do it anyone can!

IMG_20211002_155906.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, PJL1973 said:

I'm on Anthem OTS on the 15th, so am looking forward to a live blog on this.

My DW and I are on the 15th sailing as well, we sailed on the 7th July first sailing 4nights and it only had 1000 passengers! it was like a ghost ship. We really enjoyed the cruise and could not pass up the chance again. We are getting ribbed over travelling down from Liverpool to sail back again but do not care as we are cruising again and getting away. Have purchased the UDP and the DBP so looking forward to enjoying 5 nights without worrying about a bill at the end.

11 hours ago, little britain said:

The toast with the officer and lunch is day 6 and the behind the scenes with Joff is day 7. 

Can you find out how long Joff is onboard for? I know he has been onboard since for the startup phase so must be due for a break soon. And does he know where he which ship he will go next contract?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Mark_UK said:

Did they have Crown & Anchor priority lines for boarding or is that not a thing given the timed slots?

When we were on in August I don't recall any lines for diamond etc - I was looking out for them. Having said that we didn't need them - no queue at all and once processed , we sat down for literally about 90 seconds before a lady came over and told us we could board. Taxi to ship in less than 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

Good morning from the Atlantic ocean just off the coast of Cornwall. I've had problems with CC this morning but looks like it might be working now.

The sea is beautiful this morning, white topped waves and dramatic skies with just a gentle motion, what cruising is all about for me.

Last night we ate in CK and were very happy with it, nice food and great service actually better than I was expecting so have booked again for tomorrow. JS can book one day in advance. We also went to Spectras Cabaret, great performers but a bit random for me so probably would not go again.

Just been to the tip tier party, 230 D plus and pinnacle, they didn't give total number of passengers but will try and find out. Can't remember captains name but a guy from Dubrovnik who gave a very nice speech. I've asked guest services for the print out of officers and will post when I get it. Also will try and speak to Joff. The officers did not come round like they used to.

No priority for C and A at check in.

• Like 1

Organised chaos is how I’d describe it. I’m not sure if there has been a change of crew but the staff in Vintages didn’t seem to know about the D+ drinks allowance and we got charged. 
Despite 270 being the most amazing venue the bar there is not open.  WJ still shuts at 3p

There was a long line for MTD; we had reservations for 8:15 and they were telling other people to come back in 30

minutes but bizarrely we were taken down to Chic ( usually used for set dining) which was empty. Not a lot of atmosphere and not sure why others were being sent away. 

A team scored 20/21 in the first progressive quiz… not us!  The first iPhone was 2007 if you ever get asked. 

We are looking forward to WWRY this afternoon and dining with @kernow at Jamie’s tonight.

Weather is sunny: hardy Brits are by the pool!

7305D54B-7DE2-4C67-B055-0A51FE504B8C.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

Seas are good, just a gentle motion which I like. Ship doesn't feel crowded nor to empty (which it did a bit on MSC), numbers seem ideal. I did ask at guest services and was told one thousand four hundred and something onboard but not certain if that is correct as one of the b2b cruisers was told 1800 booked.I'll ask someone else if I get chance.

We saw WWRY this afternoon which was excellent, really good singing and dancing. Unlike LB we've had no problem with drink vouchers so far.

Officers for those who wanted them

20211003_180812.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

I assume the pool/ outdoor bars close if it rains? 

Pools usually stay open unless there is a high risk of a storm with lightning and the outdoor bars carry on serving regardless of the weather as they’re under cover. Cheers 🍻😁

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

We had a lovely dinner at Jamie's last night, lots of food and great company, it took up most of the evening, think we left around 10.30.The lemon meringue cheesecake was fab and I always say Royal have rubbish desserts😄

IMG_20211004_080258.jpg

IMG_20211003_214137.jpg

IMG_20211003_214143.jpg

• Like 2

The Internet on this ship is horrible, despite the fact that the theme of yesterday's top tier party seemed to be how technologically advanced Anthem is! I've spent the last hour on ship wifi trying to log on to CC to no avail. We are now docked in Liverpool so I gave up and switched to my own data and guess what, everything is now running smoothly.

• Like 3

Just back onboard after a lovely day in Liverpool, what a great city. We met up with friends who live nearby and spent the day wandering round. The weather was kind too.

IMG_20211004_113317.jpg

IMG_20211004_113737.jpg

IMG_20211004_120439.jpg

IMG_20211004_122733.jpg

IMG_20211004_160512.jpg

IMG_20211004_161326.jpg

Edited by kernow
Pictures
  • Like 5