Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

5 minutes ago, kernow said:

They were on last week and we enjoyed them, they are a tribute act. They said people could dance (in their own spotlight) but no one did. I think it's a bit difficult to get to the dance floor in 270 with this kind of show, we were in the balcony so no good for us.

When they start ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ I cannot be held back! 😂💃🏽

2 hours ago, JJWW said:

Hi, did you get a clear view about which sailings and numbers they meant? We're on 20th sailing but I think there's one on 15th too. which did you mean by "next week". I'm sure half term sailing must be the one the week after us on 25th.

We are on the 15th sailing (this Friday) and where in Liverpool city centre for our PCR test this afternoon, we did not get a chance to go down to the Docks to have a look at Anthem but will have plenty of time from Friday onwards. One of the first things we do when booking a cruise is look when half term is, love kids but its nice to get away without loads of them running around without any or not much control. 

55 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

We are on the 15th sailing (this Friday) and where in Liverpool city centre for our PCR test this afternoon, we did not get a chance to go down to the Docks to have a look at Anthem but will have plenty of time from Friday onwards. One of the first things we do when booking a cruise is look when half term is, love kids but its nice to get away without loads of them running around without any or not much control. 

Yes I did that but then found there are different weeks for different areas! 
Here’s hoping the 20th isn’t busy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Although I've heard half term in Scotland (& Leicestershire) starts on the 15th, so there may be a few more kids on our cruise than the one before. But I don't think it'll be as much as the following two.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, ConnieTact said:

I’d be interested in seeing your entertainment planners for each of first five nights as I can get some idea of when we can see which show.

Terri, days 1-5 Daily Planners following, hope you can read them:-

804CE32B-8527-4724-87BB-1C5AADE127DE.jpeg

DB0B7DDB-6C1B-4095-B01F-3BEE7DC0C508.jpeg

287F8795-E1E7-483C-B3F6-CE555D878CFC.jpeg

0A7F3857-862E-440C-AD5E-70C4431ACC65.jpeg

286BF240-A711-4F76-9922-F2F50177F1B2.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Hi 

I can see on day 1 the deluxe drinks package offer… does anyone know if this is on all sailings and what the price is on board please?

we go on 25th oct sailing and have pre purchased which was on offer £47 pd I think. Thanks 

57 minutes ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Hi 

I can see on day 1 the deluxe drinks package offer… does anyone know if this is on all sailings and what the price is on board please?

we go on 25th oct sailing and have pre purchased which was on offer £47 pd I think. Thanks 

This day one offer is on every sailing as far as I know. I’m not sure how much it is, however, friends of ours who are also onboard purchased this on the first day so I’ll find out tomorrow when I see them and let you know.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Hi 

I asked our friends, they paid a total of $810 for their DP on the first day onboard ($540 + $270). This is for a 6 night sailing, so $67.50 pppd. Hope this helps, have a great cruise🥂

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, CaroleC said:

Thanks for these @CaroleC Really helpful for planning dinner times!

Am I missing something or was there no entertainment scheduled past 6pm on Days 2 and 3?

Seems odd to me!

Edited by barry1984

20 minutes ago, barry1984 said:

Am I missing something or was there no entertainment scheduled past 6pm on Days 2 and 3?

Seems odd to me!

On sea days there’s another, separate page for evening entertainment as there’s too much to fit in.

35 minutes ago, barry1984 said:

Seems odd to me!

Nope it’s me 🙈. On those days they printed the evening entertainment on a separate sheet. I’d completely forgotten that when I posted the planners and I’m afraid I didn’t bring the additional sheets home with me. Perhaps someone else has and can post them? I have got day 6 though which I’ve posted below:-

C186966D-8918-4361-B729-1CB5D097AF4E.jpeg

9D8F9ABB-E78A-423D-8EF5-A89319C701FD.jpeg

On 10/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, CaroleC said:

I asked our friends, they paid a total of $810 for their DP on the first day onboard ($540 + $270). This is for a 6 night sailing, so $67.50 pppd. Hope this helps, have a great cruise🥂

A belated thank you Carole. I have been unable to post on CC since you out this up. I kept getting every single past post attached to my reply so it wouldn’t send! Also, I wasn’t able to like any posts. My solution was to go out and log in again with a different search engine and now it seems to work again!

So, you’re home! How was it over all?

Would you recommend the JS above a balcony stateroom?

We’ve made a very low bid on Royal Up and not sure about it!

2 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

A belated thank you Carole. I have been unable to post on CC since you out this up. I kept getting every single past post attached to my reply so it wouldn’t send! Also, I wasn’t able to like any posts. My solution was to go out and log in again with a different search engine and now it seems to work again!

So, you’re home! How was it over all?

Would you recommend the JS above a balcony stateroom?

We’ve made a very low bid on Royal Up and not sure about it!

I get the same problem with CC intermittently although I usually find it it’s corrected by the following day. Very annoying though.

Had a wonderful time made even better by some fabulous weather for the time of year. Who’d have thought we’d have been sunbathing by the pool on a cruise in October 😎

Food was excellent on the whole, only had one meal that was subpar which unfortunately was my favourite, Lobster Tail. Windjammer was only open for breakfast and lunch, with far more choice than the buffet restaurant on Virtuosa. We ate in Coastal Kitchen one evening, both had a steak which was cooked to perfection.

Our JS was great although we did know what to expect as we’ve sailed in one a few times previously. It was in a really good position in the middle of the aft hump port side. So much more spacious than a regular balcony cabin and with one and a half bathrooms. On one side you get a bath, sink and walk-in shower, the ‘half’ on the other side has a toilet and sink. The only thing I don’t like about JS’s on Anthem (not sure if it’s the same on other Quantum class ships) is the full bathroom has an opaque window into the cabin instead of a wall. Privacy isn’t an issue as you can’t see through it, however, when the light is on in the bathroom it illuminates the whole cabin which is annoying if it’s dark and one of you is trying to sleep. For the life of us we can’t figure out the benefit of using glass instead of a standard wall 🤷‍♀️

The entertainment, I felt, was far superior to MSC. We didn’t get to see WWRY this time although we have seen it on board previously. It was fantastic though from all accounts. There was a tribute to Bob Marley in the Music Hall one evening which was excellent, a lot were up and dancing which I know you’ll enjoy Terri.

The ship did seem busy, certainly more so than the 2 sailings we did on Virtuosa. We were told that there were approx 2,400 on board, so just less than 50% capacity if that figure is correct. Social distancing was a little odd, it was imposed in some places but not others. Mask wearing was mostly adhered to, although I did on occasion see pax walking around inside without one or with it under their nose 😠

I’m sure you’ll have a fab time, fingers crossed your RoyalUp bid is successful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Had a wonderful time made even better by some fabulous weather for the time of year. Who’d have thought we’d have been sunbathing by the pool on a cruise in October 😎

Our JS was great although we did know what to expect as we’ve sailed in one a few times previously. It was in a really good position in the middle of the aft hump port side. So much more spacious than a regular balcony cabin and with one and a half bathrooms. On one side you get a bath, sink and walk-in shower, the ‘half’ on the other side has a toilet and sink. The only thing I don’t like about JS’s on Anthem (not sure if it’s the same on other Quantum class ships) is the full bathroom has an opaque window into the cabin instead of a wall. Privacy isn’t an issue as you can’t see through it, however, when the light is on in the bathroom it illuminates the whole cabin which is annoying if it’s dark and one of you is trying to sleep. For the life of us we can’t figure out the benefit of using glass instead of a standard wall 🤷‍♀️

The entertainment, I felt, was far superior to MSC. We didn’t get to see WWRY this time although we have seen it on board previously. It was fantastic though from all accounts. There was a tribute to Bob Marley in the Music Hall one evening which was excellent, a lot were up and dancing which I know you’ll enjoy Terri.

Social distancing was a little odd, it was imposed in some places but not others. Mask wearing was mostly adhered to, although I did on occasion see pax walking around inside without one or with it under their nose 😠

I’m sure you’ll have a fab time, fingers crossed your RoyalUp bid is successful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

So glad you had a. Fab and sunny time! You were certainly lucky with the weather….think we’ll have five days of rain but we still will enjoy the ship and the break from work!

Yes, I love Bob Marley and will definitely be up there dancing! 🇯🇲❤️
Did you get to the Beatles tribute? What did you think of them?

Shall we try to book tickets for WWRY while in the check in area? I’ll be disappointed if we don’t see it. Not seen the show before! We’re you just a little late trying for them or wasn’t there much availability? It looks like it was just two shows in the afternoons on sea days.

Social distancing and mask wearing has almost stopped in Bristol now it’s just ‘advisable’. So it may get harder for the ship to implement this as times and attitudes change around the U.K. Did it feel safe on the whole?

I guess you ate in the MDR mostly then? How was that? We’re you served quickly?

Im guessing folk are on individual tables now.

Thanks again Carole!

Edited by Connie Tact
Spello

We were able to book WWRY in the terminal the week before, for me it was the best show on a ship where all the entertainment was pretty good.We went to the C&A theatre talk and I was amazed to hear that every small change has to be cleared by Brian May, it really is like seeing the show in the West End.

We also loved our JS, also on the aft hump which I agree was a great location. It's definitely worth a bid for an upgrade, it's quite a bit bigger than the standard balconies and as I said before we really enjoyed being able to go to CK for dinner. On our cruise very few people seemed to be successful with their bids for anything higher than a balcony but I know that has not been the case on all the cruises.

1 hour ago, Connie Tact said:

Did you get to the Beatles tribute? What did you think of them?

Meant to say in my last post, the Beatles tribute act was cancelled. It was only on once on the last night, one of them was supposed to board the day before in Belfast but didn’t. An announcement was made to that effect on Thursday morning. Disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing that show.

Shall we try to book tickets for WWRY while in the check in area? I’ll be disappointed if we don’t see it. Not seen the show before! We’re you just a little late trying for them or wasn’t there much availability? It looks like it was just two shows in the afternoons on sea days.

The app didn’t work for me in the terminal so I waited until I was on board. Yes, the show is only on twice but there wasn’t a problem with availability. I booked for the first show which was on Sunday afternoon but the weather was so nice it seemed a shame to spend 2 hours indoors when we could be enjoying the sun out on deck. So I cancelled the booking and rebooked for the following day. Same thing again so I ended up cancelling that reservation too. As I mentioned, we’ve seen the show before so I wasn’t too concerned.

Did it feel safe on the whole?

Yes it did. I liked the social distancing seating in all of the restaurants and limiting numbers in the lifts (max of 4 or just your party if more) although a lot of pax chose to ignore the signs regarding this. A polite “ sorry, we already have the maximum number in here” usually worked though. The non/incorrect mask wearing was more of an irritant than anything else. Mick said I was like the mask police, probably because of where I work 😁

I guess you ate in the MDR mostly then? How was that? We’re you served quickly? Im guessing folk are on individual tables now.

We used Windjammer for either breakfast or lunch depending on what time we got up. We’re not early risers (and our cabin was so quiet we could have slept all day) so if we were a bit late getting up, we skipped breakfast and went for an early lunch instead. We had MTD and ate in the MDR every evening except for the night we went to Coastal Kitchen. I had made the MDR dinner reservations via the app a couple of weeks before we sailed. We always eat late so I booked the latest time which was 9pm for each night knowing that I would be able to change it once on board if the time clashed with any shows. CK can only be reserved once on board and then by telephone or visit no more than 24hrs in advance. It can only be used for dinner for JS guests and is dependent on availability. We didn’t have a problem booking when we wanted though and we were asked on leaving the restaurant if we wished to book for the next evening. Service in the MDR was good except for one night when they put us in the American Icon restaurant instead of the usual Silk (the restaurants are adjacent). We’d been in there for 45 minutes and only had our starters. We said it was just as well we didn’t have any shows booked for that evening! It was also the same night that we had the worst food, the Lobster Tail was horrible and the waiter said they’d had a lot of complaints about it that evening. Social distancing is well maintained in all of the restaurants, a lot of the seats are blocked to allow for this. You definitely won’t be sat at a table with other guests, we were frequently given a table for four even though there was just the two of us. I kinda liked that, gave me somewhere to put my handbag 😁

Any more questions, just ask away 🥂

1 hour ago, kernow said:

We also loved our JS, also on the aft hump which I agree was a great location.

Which cabin were you in Julie? We had 7240, such a great position. Would definitely book it again if available. 

What did you think about the glass panel instead of a wall between the main bathroom and the cabin? DH had a shower early one morning and the whole cabin was illuminated. I was not impressed being woken up with light streaming in my face. We couldn’t figure out the benefit of that design, only seemed to be negatives.

28 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Which cabin were you in Julie? We had 7240, such a great position. Would definitely book it again if available. 

What did you think about the glass panel instead of a wall between the main bathroom and the cabin? DH had a shower early one morning and the whole cabin was illuminated. I was not impressed being woken up with light streaming in my face. We couldn’t figure out the benefit of that design, only seemed to be negatives.

We were in 10238 so almost the same position on a different deck. The glass didn't bother us, we tend to get up/go to bed at the same time so never noticed and with the toilet being separate we just left the light on in there during the night with the door closed. My minor irritant was the doors on the bathroom and toilet hitting one another if you were using both at the same time but I suppose there is nothing they can do about that.

Apparently the lobster was bad in the MDR on our cruise too, we ate in CK that night and Mark had it there and loved it, I'm not a fan so had the rack of lamb which was my favourite meal of the week.

• Like 1