Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22

bluemarble

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Good news! The daily calendar functionality in My Cunard appears to have been corrected. Here is what mine looks like today with the dress codes and themes indicated.

1914695110_MyCunardDayCalendarCorrected.thumb.png.4c11f86af28f9ae269c0b6f97db8e5ca.png

Is anyone on a QV voyage seeing dress codes and themes in My Cunard now? If so, please post what you are seeing and I'll start compiling a master schedule for QV.

If anyone is on QM2 or QE voyages I haven't documented yet, please let me know what you are seeing for those voyages as well and I'll update those schedules.

I am on QV in November. My calendar is fixed too, but dress code not showing. Too soon?

Screenshot_20220309-223844_Chrome.jpg

First off, since we've started a new browser page, I'll repeat the links to the master dress code and theme schedules for QM2 and QE for easy access.

QM2:  QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE:  QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

9 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

I am on QV in November. My calendar is fixed too, but dress code not showing. Too soon?

Thank you for getting back to me about what you're (not) seeing in My Cunard for your November QV cruise. Perhaps we still need to wait for QV schedules to be posted (or for QV schedules into November). I look forward to additional feedback about QV dress code/theme schedules from others, especially those on some of the earlier QV cruises.

• Like 1

When I spoke to Cunard a couple of days ago, I said there was no information about formal nights on My Cunard, and this was poor, as people needed to know. The nice lady said she would draw it to their attention, and lo and behold, two days later, there it is. Is this mere coincidence or did they really not know?

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

When I spoke to Cunard a couple of days ago, I said there was no information about formal nights on My Cunard, and this was poor, as people needed to know. The nice lady said she would draw it to their attention, and lo and behold, two days later, there it is. Is this mere coincidence or did they really not know?

Yes, the Gala night and theme details are indeed present in the calendar in My Cunard now - well done for getting this to happen. I am sure many passengers appreciate this being fixed.

4 minutes ago, mcloaked said:

Yes, the Gala night and theme details are indeed present in the calendar in My Cunard now - well done for getting this to happen. I am sure many passengers appreciate this being fixed.

I doubt I can really claim any credit. However, I was baffled when the person at Cunard, who seemed very helpful and agreeable, seemed genuinely surprised when I told her how dire the website is. You'd think they would get complaints by the bucketful.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I doubt I can really claim any credit. However, I was baffled when the person at Cunard, who seemed very helpful and agreeable, seemed genuinely surprised when I told her how dire the website is. You'd think they would get complaints by the bucketful.

Cunard also should be getting feedback from the questionnaire responses after booking, as well as after returning from a cruise. Maybe not everyone writes comments in the comment box at the end of those surveys!

• Like 1

I doubt I can claim any credit either for getting the daily calendar working again, but I did submit a bug report about it via their website "Feedback" mechanism. I've submitted many similar bug reports that way about various aspects of the Cunard websites over the years. Occasionally some of those bugs get fixed but I can't claim there's any correlation with the feedback I submitted about them. The bug with the unlabeled Bed Configuration buttons within the Booking Summary section of the US version of My Cunard is one such bug that's gone unresolved for several years now.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mcloaked said:

For which ship and dates?

On 11/19/2021 at 7:39 AM, bluemarble said:

I have updated the "QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule" document above to show the newly-released QE replacement itineraries for 20 Feb through 3 Jun 2022. Naturally I don't yet have any information about the dress code/theme schedules for those new voyages.

If you happen to book any of those replacement voyages and find the dress code/theme schedule listed within the day-by-day Calendar in "My Cunard", please post the schedule here.

The same applies if you are on any other voyages still missing from the master documents above for either QM2 or QE.

As a reminder, to keep things simple all I really need is the ship you will be on, the dates of your voyage, the dates which will be "Gala" evenings and the themes (if any) for those gala evenings.

Tremendous work, bluemarble.  Thank you.  Only one missing from our QE voyage embarking 10 October, 2022 (Barcelona-Sydney) is 12 November:  Gala (Roaring Twenties).

Linda

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

For which ship and dates?

Actually I only checked our next QE voyage coming up before too long which did have the dress codes and Gala nights but I checked another one booked for later this year on a QV voyage and  although it does have the calendar populated with information on whether it is a sea day or a port day the dress code information for that voyage just has an 'i' in a circle on all days, which hovering the mouse over it talks about referring to the Cunard general dress code information - so perhaps they have only put the dress code data in for cruises up to some date not too far into the future. Maybe they are working forward in date order and hopefully will have the dress codes data well into the future before too long.

13 minutes ago, ackcruiser said:

QM2 voyage M302B 4 Jan 2023 gala night is Red & Gold and 9 Jan 2023 is Roaring Twenties. This is the crossing NY to Southampton. No other gala nights listed for the world cruise after Southampton yet.

Thanks for that. I'll add the January 3, 2023 crossing to the end of the existing QM2 2021-22 document for now since it's technically the last leg of the 2022 Christmas cruise from Southampton. I'll be looking forward to future updates for the 2023 world voyages and beyond to start new documents for all of 2023 when those schedules become available.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, cook68 said:

I have just checked our QV  The Fjords, 7 nights.

03 Jul - 10 Jul 2022  Nothing showing yet. I will let you know as soon as something changes. 

Nothing still showing for QV's first cruise beginning 05 Jun 2022.  We're 74 days out, so I'll try again at 60 days.

• Thanks 1

On my calendar for QM2 - M215 the theme for 3 June 2022 has been changed from Masquerade to Roaring Twenties, which means we would have two of the latter as it still shows same for 10 June.

I think we'll just don our masks for one of them anyway!

• Thanks 1

Here's another for 2023. In response to another thread where someone couldn't view their 2023 booking in My Cunard, I logged into My Cunard to verify that I could. (I had done so before, but wanted to reconfirm). Imagine my surprise this time when I saw gala themes assigned where it had just listed the 'see the What to Wear' website message prior.

Queen Victoria - NYC to San Francisco - 19 January 2023 - V305 (a world cruise segment)

Jan 22 - Red and Gold
Jan 27 - Masquerade
Feb 1 - Gala - no theme
Feb 4 - Roaring Twenties

• Thanks 1

Gala Night schedule on My Cunard:

QV V214 June 5-19 Southampton - Southampton

June 6 - Black & White

June 11 - Red & Gold

June 17 - Roaring 20's

I'm a little surprised there are only three - should be four. Calendar shows June 20 as another Black & White, but that is after cruise is over. Who knows?

• Thanks 1

Introducing the 2022 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document for QV.

Of course this is still very much a work in progress since the QV schedules haven't been out for very long and I only started requesting contributions for the QV schedules yesterday on another thread. There are only a few voyages on this initial version of the QV schedule.

Please continue to submit the dress code and theme schedules you are seeing for QV voyages not yet in the document either on this thread or on that other "QV and 2023 dress code/theme schedules" thread.

I've also updated the QM2 and QE schedules to remove/replace the "Masquerade" themes through mid-June and to include the "Ice White" themes in the QE Alaska itineraries.

Please continue to submit new or revised dress code and theme schedules for QM2 and QE as well.

Here are links to the documents for all three ships.

QM2: QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE: QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QV: QV 2022 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

• Thanks 1

Thank you for compiling these lists, @bluemarble

My contribution:

QV V231 Atlantic Coast Adventure

10 nights 15-25th November 2022

15th Nov - smart attire

16th Nov - black and white 

17th Nov - smart attire

18th Nov - masquerade

19th Nov - smart attire

20th Nov - smart attire

21st Nov - smart attire

22nd Nov - smart attire

23rd Nov - roaring Twenties

24th Nov - smart attire

🙂

• Thanks 1

Excellent! It's been only four days since I started the "QV and 2023 dress code/theme schedules" thread to request contributions for QV's dress code/theme schedule. With the latest contribution above we have now passed the 50% mark for completing QV's 2022 schedule!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. Keep those contributions coming for QV and to fill any of the remaining gaps or make adjustments to the QM2 and QE schedules as well.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 11:48 AM, BeardedGuy said:

Gala Night schedule on My Cunard:

QV V214 June 5-19 Southampton - Southampton

June 6 - Black & White

June 11 - Red & Gold

June 17 - Roaring 20's

I'm a little surprised there are only three - should be four. Calendar shows June 20 as another Black & White, but that is after cruise is over. Who knows?

Thanks for the information!!  I'm on V214A June 5-13 and my calendar still doesn't show ANY gala nights!