Grand Cayman off itinerary FINALLY!

Looks like X is finally admitting they won't be stopping in Caymans until Jan/Feb. I just got an email for the upcoming APEX Nov 13th sailing and our Grand Cayman stop has been changed to a Sea Day.

Not a terrible thing to have another relaxing day at sea, but I was hoping to do some diving in GC. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to book another cruise!

3 minutes ago, Sunseeker810 said:

it's still on my December 4th Reflection.

Guessing its a cruise by cruise thing that they have to look at and see if they can get another port in or Sea Day.  Just going with the flo when it finally gets updated on the Connie at the point.  Not much else I can do.  Still waiting to finish check in for my Nov 22 cruise.  Not to worried on either point tbh.  

• Thanks 1

Damn, just damn as per the Cayman Islands 'Official' web site for tourism, it is made clear that cruise travel is not permitted, for now.

So, this means one of two things one has to wait (patiently) to figure out what the plan is or just not worry about it and chill, because you know that CI is not accepting cruises, currently.

bon voyage

• Like 1

I cancelled my Nov 22 Connie cruise.. because of Grand Cayman...and for a time it looked like there would be issues with some of the ABCs as well... I cancelled in August.. I assumed they would say something sooner...but it is still showing up on the itinerary for Nov 22

7 minutes ago, kearney said:

I cancelled my Nov 22 Connie cruise.. because of Grand Cayman...and for a time it looked like there would be issues with some of the ABCs as well... I cancelled in August.. I assumed they would say something sooner...but it is still showing up on the itinerary for Nov 22

Believe me, the process for CI to make decisions, most likely no cruise stops in 2021...

bon voyage

We got Roatan instead for our November Edge cruise.  Yuk.  No thanks....another wonderful ship day for us!  😃  Really was hoping that Celebrity would wake up and let us take advantage of a Perfect Day at Coco Cay as well, but no such luck.  The beach club there is right up a Celebrity passenger's alley. 

9 minutes ago, micheleg said:

We got Roatan instead for our November Edge cruise.  Yuk.  No thanks....another wonderful ship day for us!  😃  Really was hoping that Celebrity would wake up and let us take advantage of a Perfect Day at Coco Cay as well, but no such luck.  The beach club there is right up a Celebrity passenger's alley. 

Ehh I'm not so sure about that. Word always was that Celebrity stopped visiting Labadee because passengers weren't interested in a private island beach day. I don't see your average X customer waiting in line to ride the tethered hot air ballon or ride water slides. 

Lol, we know there will be no Grand Cayman Island.

Has anyone gotten an "OFFICIAL" notice yet, still on the itinerary, who knows what they will replace it with.

As long as we are cruising is fine with me.

But, it's fun speculating !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ehh I'm not so sure about that. Word always was that Celebrity stopped visiting Labadee because passengers weren't interested in a private island beach day. I don't see your average X customer waiting in line to ride the tethered hot air ballon or ride water slides. 

I think you're wrong, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The Beach Club portion at Coco Cay is essentially private with a full scale private restaurant included.  You have to pay extra to go there, and the cabanas at the beach club are very pricey.  Word has it that they're also planning to expand to another area for an Adults Only area.  I think Celebrity stopped Labadee because they couldn't keep it up to the standards of what a Celebrity passenger wanted,  besides all of the political issues with Haiti, even worse now with no president, earthquakes, hurricanes, and probably the most vaccine hesitancy in the world, even Royal won't be going there anymore.

I don't know what videos you've watched, but Coco Cay is beautiful, and since Celebrity is now aiming at a younger more professional demographic with or without children.  I'm sure you've seen their new ads, hardly one strand of grey hair anywhere.

I'm in my mid 60's and you can bet your sweet life I'd be the first in line to pay for my spot at the beach club at Coco Cay or any private island if they started calling at one.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, we know there will be no Grand Cayman Island.

Has anyone gotten an "OFFICIAL" notice yet, still on the itinerary, who knows what they will replace it with.

As long as we are cruising is fine with me.

But, it's fun speculating !

Got confirmed by mail for the 1/30 Edge sailing. Celebrity IT just hasn’t caught up yet…shocker.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, micheleg said:

really disagree regarding Coco Cay. Wouldn't even get off the ship for that. IMO that's sort of thing is far more appropriate for Royal Carribean, Norwegian or Carnival 

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:25 PM, go.without.you said:

It's still on my November 19th Equinox sailing

Still on our December 11 sailing on the Apex! Our first port is Key West, which voted to ban cruise ships, now GC is the second port off limits. Hope they’ll replace one with Nassau, but either way we’re happy with extra sea days, more time to explore and experience the Apex! 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, prish said:

Still on our December 11 sailing on the Apex! Our first port is Key West, which voted to ban cruise ships, now GC is the second port off limits. Hope they’ll replace one with Nassau, but either way we’re happy with extra sea days, more time to explore and experience the Apex! 😉

Love your positive outlook!

Celebrity always waits until last minute to do changes so less cruisers will cancel. I have had the new  itins handed to me upon boarding. Bahamas all about the same; have not been there in years .Also just happy to get on the boat. getting almost too late for X to cancel.

• Like 1

Supposedly sailing on Nov 6th on the Reflection.  Have not been able to check in and our ports - KW & GC not changed yet.  This is driving me, a type A planner insane.  I should think this week we should find out something!

• Like 2