Grand Cayman off itinerary FINALLY!

On 10/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Looks like X is finally admitting they won't be stopping in Caymans until Jan/Feb. I just got an email for the upcoming APEX Nov 13th sailing and our Grand Cayman stop has been changed to a Sea Day.

Not a terrible thing to have another relaxing day at sea, but I was hoping to do some diving in GC. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to book another cruise!

I am on Millennium sailing 11 NOV and it is our only stop on a four day sail, no emails. yet that the port has changed.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, Sunseeker810 said:

it's still on my December 4th Reflection.

its still on my 11NOV sailing on Millennium

5 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Last time we were in Nassau in July it was horrible, lots of port construction, nothing opened, I wouldn't get off the ship.

I agree with you m8zenblue, same for us on 24 July EDGE sailing in Nassau.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:45 PM, damphu said:

I'm patiently waiting for my email in regard to our Nov 11 cruise on Millennium.  I am hoping for another port since this Grand Cayman was our only stop.

Same here damphu....we are on the cruise with you.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, Guppy99 said:

really disagree regarding Coco Cay. Wouldn't even get off the ship for that. IMO that's sort of thing is far more appropriate for Royal Carribean, Norwegian or Carnival 

Guppy99 I agree....I would keep both feet on the ship with ya.

The itinerary for our Nov 19 Equinox sailing has replaced Grand Cayman with Jamaica.  At least on the X website, when you look up the sailing.  The app still shows Grand Cayman on Day 3 and Nassau on Day 2.  The listing of "Modified Sailings" does not show this change yet, so who knows?

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Millennium Nov 11-15 that was only going to Grand Cayman is now slated for Cozumel on Nov 13.

Thanks for the heads-up on that. I see that Cozumel is on the cruise planner now but that the sailing still is titled "Grand Cayman" and the app has not updated. I'm sure all will be taken care of in due course. 

I'm actually in Cozumel today (on board Summit). 🤣

18 hours ago, ISLANDFAN said:

Just received the email on our Equinox November 19 sailing. Headed to Falmouth Jamaica    

I saw that yesterday too! I'm kind of excited about it. I've been to Grand Cayman a lot in the past few years but haven't been to Jamaica since I stayed there over 20 years ago. So glad it wasn't Nassau, ugh.

What's curious to me is that some cruises have received alternative ports or days at sea, while other cruises (some sailing before the changed ones) still show Grand Cayman.  Not sure why that is.  I suspect it may be that sometimes the logistics of finding another option are harder on some sailings than others due to conflicts with other ships (Celebrity or other lines).  Hope that is the reason as I have a couple upcoming cruises where it is still listed!

They appear to be making change decisions on a ship-by- ship basis. 

Equinox is getting Falmouth, according to the above posts, and a Roll Call poster for early Feb. on Constellation reports that their previous sailing (late Jan.) is replacing GC with Roatan.

They were notified via an email.

I'm  speculating here, but maybe since Constellation is smaller, it is less hassle in the tender port of Roatan than Equinox would be (?). 

I am also in CG in mid-Feb on Constellation, and I must say, I would prefer Roatan to Falmouth, or even GC. Oh, the suspense..

3 hours ago, D C said:

GC is on our Nov 6th Reflection, and I don't expect a notification of change until they get replacements for both Key West and GC sorted out.

We are in the same boat for the Nov 20 Reflection Cruise.  While I have no idea what they sub for GC, I fully expect Key West to become an At-Sea day.  My guess is, Celebrity would prefer to cruise to Cozumel at half throttle & save the money on gas.  I even told the other half to book a spa day bc I'm confident we aren't stopping anywhere that first day.

15 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

We are in the same boat for the Nov 20 Reflection Cruise.  While I have no idea what they sub for GC, I fully expect Key West to become an At-Sea day.  My guess is, Celebrity would prefer to cruise to Cozumel at half throttle & save the money on gas.  I even told the other half to book a spa day bc I'm confident we aren't stopping anywhere that first day.

They've been replacing Key West with Nassau on other itineraries AND they've been replacing Grand Cayman with Nassau.  I sure hope we don't double-dip Nassau!

I wonder why Key West is cancelled... I know GC had concerns about Covid..but I thought Fl legislature over ruled Key West ban...  I wonder if they are reducing the number of ships going there to help satisfy residents...vs total removal from the schedule.