Seabourn Venture's sister ship is named

cruiseej

I might have missed it, but I don't think I've seen it posted on this forum: Seabourn's second expedition ship, twin sister to the forthcoming Venture, now has a name: Seabourn Pursuit. Venture debuts in spring 2022, and Pursuit debuts in early 2023.

Here's a link to a press article about the naming and the news on the Seabourn website.

(I don't love the name. It sounds more like a military attack vessel than a luxury expedition cruise ship to me. 😉 )

3 hours ago, nicemarmot said:

There are a lot of new expedition ships in the market now. And they tend to be expensive, so I'm wondering it's worth waiting a year or two before booking.

Do you think pricing is going to decrease over time? There are billions in losses from the wreck of the 2020 and 2021 cruising seasons, plus the hundreds of millions on new ships. It seems unlikely to me that prices will drop. Perhaps if demand is weak, Seabourn or other cruise lines will lower prices to fill beds -- but this would represent a major failure in assessing the market for small, luxury expedition ships.