New Offer

scottjeanne

Last night, Seabourn offered to rebook our cancelled Antarctic trip on Quest to one on Venture at the same rate.  Quite a good deal.  Unfortunately, we had already rescheduled with Silverseas, so we cannot take advantage of it.  I think they got a lot of push back and hence the offer.  Very generous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottjeanne said:

Last night, Seabourn offered to rebook our cancelled Antarctic trip on Quest to one on Venture at the same rate.  Quite a good deal.  Unfortunately, we had already rescheduled with Silverseas, so we cannot take advantage of it.  I think they got a lot of push back and hence the offer.  Very generous.

Thank you for sharing! I will reach out to my TA to understand the offer. I’m sure the cruise is shorter but the Ventures at a reasonable price would be interesting.

It does not have to be shorter.  I had a 24 day cruise on Quest and Venture has some 20-25 day cruises.  The cost differential is substantial, and I am happy they are making this offer.  Unfortunately we booked and paid in full for a Silverseas cruise just hours before.

Pre-Covid, the Antarctica voyages on the Quest are typically 21-day, with the exception of the 24-day holiday cruise including South Georgia.  I think the cancelled Quest voyages for 2021/2022 season are 21-day or 24-day as well, is that right?  Swapping a 21-day Quest voyage for a 13-day Venture voyage may be an interesting proposition for some who are short on vacation days, since you are losing mostly the unexciting days sailing up or down the Chilean coast.

Margbem, this is the notice I received last Friday.  The body of the letter implies that yo can Choose from a number of Venture cruise, but reality is there are only six, all 11 or 13 days.

"We are contacting you to follow up on our previous advisement regarding your cancelled Seabourn Quest sailing. We have reviewed feedback from our guests and travel partners regarding their interest in having alternate voyages to choose from, and we are happy to reach out with some exciting options.

You may now choose from a number of Antarctica voyages on board Seabourn Venture at the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation. To review these new options, please click here.

If you would like to select one of these sailings we ask that you do so no later than November 1, 2021; please use your original booking number when making your selection on the web form, even if you have already booked an alternate voyage per our prior correspondence. You will be placed in the suite category that most closely matches the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation.

Please note, the 10% discount offered previously will remain available, but cannot be utilized on any reservation that is transferred from Seabourn Quest to one of the Seabourn Venture voyages noted on the webform.

Again, we extend our most sincere apologies for this cancellation and look forward to the next time we can welcome you aboard.

Kind regards,

Josh Leibowitz
President, Seabourn"