Camcorder

Hey guys, last week on the buy channel, I saw a Minolta MngoNV, hd touchscreen camcorder with 16gB SD card, so called an ordered it. Does anyone own one of these, an what can you tell me about it? It hasn't arrived yet, have another camcorder that hangs around you're neck, so will be comparing the two. Thanks before I forget.

Not sure about the model, did a search on it and nothing came up. Some of the other models like MeaniNG, MN90N. If it is anything like those, it is only recording in 1080p. 16GB will ~800 minutes of record time. But that really depends on frame rates and other things. Other sites list it a lot smaller, about 40 minutes total. It really depends on the specific camera maybe. You would have to actually let it record and see what it does. 

I didn't want to say too much, but I think that is a good idea. Not sure what it would have cost you, but it is about 10 year old technology. 4k is standard now with 8k and higher cutting edge. Not sure what the overall purpose is for a camcorder, but there are better options for video out there, especially in cameras. P&S cameras will be multifunctional and better.

If you let us know what you are looking to do, maybe other options can be given.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, BoozinCroozin said:

Not sure about the model, did a search on it and nothing came up. Some of the other models like MeaniNG, MN90N. If it is anything like those, it is only recording in 1080p. 16GB will ~800 minutes of record time. But that really depends on frame rates and other things. Other sites list it a lot smaller, about 40 minutes total. It really depends on the specific camera maybe. You would have to actually let it record and see what it does. 

Hi, did look at another website for the same camcorder an found both are the exact same model & everything, still not sure if I really want it.

Personally, my opinion only, I would not put money into a 1080p camcorder. It is better spent elsewhere. Cellphones, P&S cameras, GoPro, etc are much better and record in 4k. 5 years ago 1080p video recording was old. All focus has been on 4k and there is a drastic difference in quality. 

I guess the real question is what is the reason behind wanting a camcorder?

• Like 2