independence of the seas - was your room over dining or lounge?

lolalow

trying to book a last minute cruise on independence of the seas.  We are looking for connecting rooms - some of what is left is 6357,6359 over the dining room

and 6133,6135 over the starlight lounge.      I'm not worried about any noise from 7am-10:30pm.  how was noise at night when trying to sleep - i cant find any reviews on these rooms.

1613, 1615 i would consider also but thinking it is under pool and deck so lots of noise cleaning up at night or early am putting chairs out? 

Also if my room has a fold out sofa and I only have two people in my room is it okay that I don't split up bed and my son sleeps on sofa sleeper?  not sure if there are rules about not using sofa sleeper unless 3 people in room.

Not the same ship but we had a cabin above and a little down the hall from the theatre one time and it was LOUD until the shows were over for the night. I wouldn't be too concerned about being over the dining room (but maybe over the galley since there would be prep going on early in the morning). I also would not choose right below the pool- chairs blowing around in the wind and people moving chairs around.... JMO but maybe it varies from ship to ship. If I had to pick my poison, I would go above the dining room hands down!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lolalow said:

Also if my room has a fold out sofa and I only have two people in my room is it okay that I don't split up bed and my son sleeps on sofa sleeper?  not sure if there are rules about not using sofa sleeper unless 3 people in room.

Yes, you can use sofa with only two in the room.