All Inclusive Isla Pasion by Twister Drink Options

Nike4000

Wife and I have the excursion in the title booked for an upcoming port visit in Cozumel and have a couple of questions:

• Do they have water bottles available as part of the "all inclusive" package?
  • If water bottles aren't available, can we bring some off the ship in a small cooler (we've pre-purchased water bottles for our room)?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we've returned, thought I should answer my own questions since nobody responded & someone else might have similar questions in the future:

• No, they do not have water bottles as part of the all inclusive package. However, they do offer water at the included bar. I did not try any of the water, we brought our own.
  • Speaking of, yes, we were able to bring a small cooler with water bottles on the twister boat and to the island. Our cooler sucked and the ice melted long before the boat ride to Isla de Pasion was finished, but it was nice not having to fight the crowds at the bar.

Overall review of the excursion was - It was AMAZING! We highly recommend it. The twister boat was tons of fun and the island was not crowded at all. According to the barman, in season pre-Covid they averaged about 1,000 visitors per day. However, the day we were there, they anticipated 96 total guests = 2 twister boat and 2 Jeep tour groups. That's it! We had the place practically to ourselves. Massages were $35 and were outstanding. The included drinks were very tasty, including Rum Punch and Margaritas. There was also a cash bar that had all sorts of exotic options, we didn't try any of those. The food was fair, but plentiful (tacos, a couple of salad options, chips & guacamole, etc.). 

One of our fellow visitors made it her mission to drink 20 rum punches before we had to leave. That did not end well for her. The medical team on the island was super quick to intervene after she passed out walking away from the bar. They tried to get her to drink water, use cooling packs to lower her temperature, etc., but she fought them the whole way. Unfortunately she was on a different Twister boat than us, so I don't know how the ride back went. I did see her later on our ship & she seemed to have recovered pretty well. So, kudos to the team on Isla de Pasion, they attempted to administer great care to her.

As for us, we had a fantastic time & are already looking forward to returning in the future. Aida was our tour guide, she had loads of personality and was extremely knowledgeable. She was an outstanding hostess and really took care of her people.

The only downside, and it was super minor, was the aggressiveness of the people who owned the stores. You could not step anywhere near the stores without them grabbing you by the arm & attempting to drag you into their store. Unfortunately the path to the bathrooms took you by the shops, so it was almost unavoidable. HOWEVER, hearing about the disparity in crowd sizes, I don't blame them one bit & totally understand their desire to sell. Like I said, it was a super minor irritation & one that did not diminish our visit in the slightest. Just beware - and go with money to help support their efforts! We ended up buying a few gifts for friends and relatives that we were planning to seek out in the port area, but decided to support the people on the island instead. Perhaps we were foolish, but that's okay.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions about the excursion, just let me know how I can help!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update. Can I ask did you book through the ship or was it a private excursion? If private who did you book with?

we are hoping to be in Cozumel in January with Ncl but they only have the catamaran trip to Passion Island.

Thanks.

On 10/19/2021 at 1:19 AM, fethiyeden said:

Thanks for the update. Can I ask did you book through the ship or was it a private excursion? If private who did you book with?

we are hoping to be in Cozumel in January with Ncl but they only have the catamaran trip to Passion Island.

Thanks.

We booked through Carnival. However, we're looking at doing it again when we return in December with Royal Caribbean, which doesn't offer the excursion at all. So, we might have to book direct - we're also looking at trying the catamaran to Passion Island.

BTW - here was our view that day.

Passion Island.jpg

Edited by Nike4000

Thanks for your report back!! We were considering to book this on our NCL cruise in Nov.  I think you just convinced me!! We have been to Cozumel before and this looks like a great option!!

Boat ride, cold beer, tacos and a good massage!! - My kind of day!

Thanks again for sharing!!

16 hours ago, sheila77 said:

Thanks for your report back!! We were considering to book this on our NCL cruise in Nov.  I think you just convinced me!! We have been to Cozumel before and this looks like a great option!!

Boat ride, cold beer, tacos and a good massage!! - My kind of day!

Thanks again for sharing!!

@sheila77 if you book, please will you report back? We are on the NCL breakaway in January & are also thinking of booking this.

Thanks 

@fethiyeden - I will definitely report back. I am on the NCL Breakaway the end of November and booked this excursion using the shore credit.  On NCL, it states that it is a catamaran so that will take longer to get to Passion Island, but I still think it will be a nice journey.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, sheila77 said:

@fethiyeden - I will definitely report back. I am on the NCL Breakaway the end of November and booked this excursion using the shore credit.  On NCL, it states that it is a catamaran so that will take longer to get to Passion Island, but I still think it will be a nice journey.

@sheila77hope you had a fabulous time on the Breakaway. How was the Passion Island Ncl tour on the catamaran?
would you recommend the shore excursion?

Thanks Denise

• 4 weeks later...

@fethiyeden - Sorry I forgot to report back!

We did go to Passion Island with NCL.  The day we went it rained the night before, so everything was wet.  It was a windy day and the water was rough.  The boat ride over was extremely rough.  We got pretty wet with the waves hitting us.  It was pretty funny!  We were the only group there!

The staff was attentive, the food was OK and the bar drinks were not the best. 

We still enjoyed ourself, but not sure if I would return.  

The crew that picks you up is very attentive and working for tips..... they remind you of this.

I know their economy has been hit hard, so of course we tipped (we always do). But I just don't like to be reminded...

I do think Passion Island is pretty.  It is rustic and has all the things to enjoy a nice beach day.

42 minutes ago, sheila77 said:

@fethiyeden - Sorry I forgot to report back!

We did go to Passion Island with NCL.  The day we went it rained the night before, so everything was wet.  It was a windy day and the water was rough.  The boat ride over was extremely rough.  We got pretty wet with the waves hitting us.  It was pretty funny!  We were the only group there!

The staff was attentive, the food was OK and the bar drinks were not the best. 

We still enjoyed ourself, but not sure if I would return.  

The crew that picks you up is very attentive and working for tips..... they remind you of this.

I know their economy has been hit hard, so of course we tipped (we always do). But I just don't like to be reminded...

I do think Passion Island is pretty.  It is rustic and has all the things to enjoy a nice beach day.

Thanks for the update. We have unfortunately cancelled our cruise. We were travelling from Turkey (4 flights to New Orleans) so daren’t risk it.

We have rebooked for January 2023 so still looking at this excursion for next year.