Anyone else jump on the great Europe X prices!!!

klfhngr

A little over 5k for 2 including air for 11 days from L.A.! I looked at Maui for 7days, $6200 air and hotel only! Then looked at St. LUCIA, for 7 days, 8K, AI! Sticking to the 11 day Euro cruise to Italy, Montng., Greece and Croatia!

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Looking at cruise rates for Europe 2022 without air I do not find any good offer beside some Infinity departures. With the 20% off they are not that out of range anymore but still very high.

Blame the AI pricing that has added $100 per person per day to the basic price to cover drinks and internet and then the tips have been added to that. Fine if you have added all these elements in the past not great if you haven't and don't want to.

• Haha 2

We've booked our first Mediterranean cruise for next Sept 2022 doing the 11 night Italy/Greece/Turkey cruise. Travel is expensive right now all around. While we do prefer Celebrity as our first choice, the rate plus extra OBC from the travel agent put Celebrity ahead of Princess and HAL by quite a bit. I wouldn't say we got a steal of a deal, but all things considered, the total cost is very reasonable. 

Did not consider MSC or NCL but their prices were marginally higher than Celebrity on most itineraries.   Also looked into Azamara and Oceania based on all the comments here that their pricing is almost comparable to Celebrity, but found both lines to be consistently about double Celebrity's rate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked Edge for October 2022 and very happy with our price.  Looked at Princess and HAL, but not really comparable in price or itinerary.  Booked before the discount and I just called for a re-fare.  Easy Peary!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Watch out for airfares to Europe.  Many prices are sky high for even cattle car service.  This can eat into your savings in a hurry.

OP said price included air, so a pretty good deal. 

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

It doesn’t say which class airfare, economy, coach, premium, business, first class? That would go a long way in determining how good a deal it is.

If the OP feels got a good deal, then it is for them, that’s what matters.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Watch out for airfares to Europe.  Many prices are sky high for even cattle car service.  This can eat into your savings in a hurry.

That price included air! $1400 round-trip for 2! I think that's great! I paid $500 each round-trip to cabo in July, and I'm in calif.!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klfhngr said:

That price included air! $1400 round-trip for 2! I think that's great! I paid $500 each round-trip to cabo in July, and I'm in calif.!

And, I get to fly on the A380... and 747!!!! Lol!

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, klfhngr said:

A little over 5k for 2 including air for 11 days from L.A.! I looked at Maui for 7days, $6200 air and hotel only! Then looked at St. LUCIA, for 7 days, 8K, AI! Sticking to the 11 day Euro cruise to Italy, Montng., Greece and Croatia!

If you don't mind, which ship and date are you sailing?  tia

7 hours ago, paulh84 said:

We've booked our first Mediterranean cruise for next Sept 2022 doing the 11 night Italy/Greece/Turkey cruise. Travel is expensive right now all around. While we do prefer Celebrity as our first choice, the rate plus extra OBC from the travel agent put Celebrity ahead of Princess and HAL by quite a bit. I wouldn't say we got a steal of a deal, but all things considered, the total cost is very reasonable. 

Did not consider MSC or NCL but their prices were marginally higher than Celebrity on most itineraries.   Also looked into Azamara and Oceania based on all the comments here that their pricing is almost comparable to Celebrity, but found both lines to be consistently about double Celebrity's rate. 

I checked prices for Mediterranean cruises for summer 2022. Typical price for a 10 day cruise is around $4,200-4,300 CAD plus taxes for a veranda cabin. This translates to $450 CAD per night. Not sure who in his right mind would pay those prices. Oceania has most European cruises around $500 CAD per night. 

It's kind of like upgrading from Honda to Mercedes for only 10% more..

2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

And, I get to fly on the A380... and 747!!!! Lol!

18 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

May 13 - 23 on Reflection 

Lucky you!
I really loved flying on the A380!
Also love the Reflection, have sailed on her 8 times.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Exactly!  Perception is 20/20...if she's happy, that's what counts.  Just do not factor in change of any kind because that hasn't happened yet!  Woo Hoo!  Take 30,000 for a 7 day villa in the Caribbean...not me, but someone out there may feel that it's a great deal!  I will be totally thrilled to death just to cruise next year!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

I checked prices for Mediterranean cruises for summer 2022. Typical price for a 10 day cruise is around $4,200-4,300 CAD plus taxes for a veranda cabin. This translates to $450 CAD per night. Not sure who in his right mind would pay those prices. Oceania has most European cruises around $500 CAD per night. 

It's kind of like upgrading from Honda to Mercedes for only 10% more..

I researched pretty extensively Med/Greek specifically cruises for August to September 2022. Maybe Canadian math is different or you get some secret stellar deals, but I never saw any Med cruises for that timeframe for $4300CAD/$3400 USD. Not even in the ballpark. Maybe on Carnival? I didn't even check there. Our final 3 contenders were:

Sept - 11 night Italy/Greece/Turkey with $600+ OBC cost me around $5,500 on Celebrity Reflection.

Sept - 12 night Rome to Istanbul B2 (almost lowest level balcony) $10,200 on Oceania Riviera 

Sept - 11 night Black Sea (also low level balcony) $11,900 on Azamara Journey. 

A far cry from sub $400/night cruises. 

18 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Sounds like a great deal.  What's the ship and date?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I researched pretty extensively Med/Greek specifically cruises for August to September 2022. Maybe Canadian math is different or you get some secret stellar deals, but I never saw any Med cruises for that timeframe for $4300CAD/$3400 USD. Not even in the ballpark. Maybe on Carnival? I didn't even check there. Our final 3 contenders were:

Sept - 11 night Italy/Greece/Turkey with $600+ OBC cost me around $5,500 on Celebrity Reflection.

Sept - 12 night Rome to Istanbul B2 (almost lowest level balcony) $10,200 on Oceania Riviera 

Sept - 11 night Black Sea (also low level balcony) $11,900 on Azamara Journey. 

A far cry from sub $400/night cruises. 

For a bit of a later date, if a TA interests you, check out O for Nov/Dec 2022.  I think you may find something based on costs you provided.  Based on a PH for the 16 day TA, I think you’ll find it at $350pp/per day, or very close. Good luck!

Edited by LGW59

8 hours ago, LGW59 said:

She asked if anybody else jumped on the great X prices in Europe. To determine if the X prices are a good deal you have to subtract the cost of air. Not everybody on the cruise will have to worry about air.

Not Europe, but I just booked Bermuda for June 2022 for $525pp. Two connecting ocean view staterooms. Not the newest ship or the most lavish accommodations, but substantially cheaper than what I’ve seen on Celebrity to Bermuda in years past. There are definitely some great bargains out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1