Sunshine Live! Join us on our Fun Ship Fun Trip!

L1211

Greetings!  Join us as we FINALLY set sail on our first cruise in what feels like decades. My last cruise was January, 2020 with NCL and DS sailed several times in 2019 with NCL, RCCL and Celebrity.  But DM has not cruised in 15 years! Her last cruise was the Miracle to Alaska.  DS last cruised Carnival 16 years ago on the Magic to Caribbean.  Vintage Carnival at its finest!  I’ve only sailed Carnival one time- Victory in 2018. So we this experience will be a but new for even us seasoned cruisers.  We are excited about the dining options on board and plan to try them all!  

In the spirit of firsts, we are about to fly Spirit airlines for the first time.  It’s direct from Louisville, KY go Ft Lauderdale.  We will Uber to Miami and are staying in South Beach.  We board tomorrow at 10:30 am, group A2.

We lost our darling father just a few months ago and we’re taking DM in a birthday celebration trip.  We all need the get away.  More to come in Miami!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have a great time.   We are sailing on her at the end of the month!  I can't wait!  I will be sure to follow along.  I might have a lot of questions!  

Have a safe flight!

I’m happy to report our first Spirit flight was uneventful.  Departed and arrived on time. We picked this flight to Ft Lauderdale because it was direct and cheap! We paid for big seats up front and they were legit!  Highly recommend. 

87483F9F-47B1-4687-B7A5-5ADF38BE87FC.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Greetings!  Join us as we FINALLY set sail on our first cruise in what feels like decades. My last cruise was January, 2020 with NCL and DS sailed several times in 2019 with NCL, RCCL and Celebrity.  But DM has not cruised in 15 years! Her last cruise was the Miracle to Alaska.  DS last cruised Carnival 16 years ago on the Magic to Caribbean.  Vintage Carnival at its finest!  I’ve only sailed Carnival one time- Victory in 2018. So we this experience will be a but new for even us seasoned cruisers.  We are excited about the dining options on board and plan to try them all!  

In the spirit of firsts, we are about to fly Spirit airlines for the first time.  It’s direct from Louisville, KY go Ft Lauderdale.  We will Uber to Miami and are staying in South Beach.  We board tomorrow at 10:30 am, group A2.

We lost our darling father just a few months ago and we’re taking DM in a birthday celebration trip.  We all need the get away.  More to come in Miami!

Thank you for Joining us!  We’re sooooo excited.  Covid tests behind us and ready to cruise!! 

• Like 1

DM and I picked up a read in the airport. I  Have Traveled for work for a couple of decades.  I pick up these half price books because I can pass them to my mother.  If you don’t know where to find the “cart” on your airport you should!  Always a bargain to be had.  

0AED6C45-BD93-4A53-B596-122106A61EE2.jpeg

Edited by L1211

We jumped a Lyft to Miami.  I’m happy to report it was quick- 3 minute wait and well priced - $44 to south beach. Was a little worried  - my city, Louisville, has a shortage and you never know if you will get one or not and the prices are way up.  This exceeded my expectations!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Are you on Sunrise??????? Sunshine sails from Charleston....but not in service now

Ha!  You are so right!!!  I will fix.  Thank you!’

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Are you on Sunrise??????? Sunshine sails from Charleston....but not in service now

I don’t see how to edit the title- any advice? 

10 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Following! We enjoyed our cruises on the Sunrise! 🤗

Yay!  I follow all your trips - so glad you guys are cruising again! Send us any Carnival pro tips!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

Where did you go for your covid tests and how long did they take? 

We sweated this like crazy!  We purchase BinaxNow with EMed from Optum.  We watched lots of YouTube videos on the process.  We did them early Saturday, 2 days before the cruise, with back up appointments at CVS just in case.  The process was a breeze and we got results in 5 minutes.  Highly recommend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Lunch/early dinner at Arepas and Sand Wish- right next to the Courtyard South Beach. 

BCBA359B-C240-4B31-93B7-A17649A2609A.jpeg

08A09950-D80A-46CC-A17B-473BAC0829F9.jpeg

I can’t say I recommend.  Nothing was great except the company!

F8F66D86-6FB8-4504-9A55-995BAC2E3039.jpeg

3EA6C6A9-AD6A-4B79-9D6A-0A5471ABD5AF.jpeg

2C2205E2-AD08-47B4-BF20-B5B4AFAA5467.jpeg

DD281FB7-A7BA-4DAA-AC89-1ED541AFB353.jpeg

• Like 1

We’re staying at the Courtyard South Beach.  Its a great location on Washington one block from Collins Ave.  The room WAY bigger than I expected. I had visions of European hotels given the location.  It is clean, current and spacious, in a great location, and about 6 miles from the port.  I booked with points and it was 30k- the lowest point priced hotel in the area.  We recommend!! 

Here’s the restaurant, lobby and roof-top pool. 

94883FD1-E8CC-4273-8324-60DFD0FC9D65.jpeg

03059270-E1A4-46A8-BA13-777290AFFFAC.jpeg

4ED71D69-0A8E-4716-9A6B-12887B066E0D.jpeg

• Like 1

And I will leave you with a few sights from South Beach and the Art Deco District.  Anyone know anything about “The Orb”?!!  Beautiful night! Tomorrow we cruise…

9BBED4B2-5A67-49F6-9226-405B0EE1D8CA.jpeg

5DD8727D-E07B-4610-8994-A5BB2A1A5783.jpeg

568D80E2-6D9D-49E1-A789-7A6D56C55989.jpeg

CB948938-A92E-4355-993C-A823DCEA38C0.jpeg

B0E0286E-AF12-409C-A97A-5C89DE42238D.jpeg

B00B159B-00DA-4574-B364-B6729EB52764.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

We sweated this like crazy!  We purchase BinaxNow with EMed from Optum.  We watched lots of YouTube videos on the process.  We did them early Saturday, 2 days before the cruise, with back up appointments at CVS just in case.  The process was a breeze and we got results in 5 minutes.  Highly recommend. 

Yea I am sweating this one.   The weekend before we cruise we will be in Orlando meeting up with my inlaws for a few days.   Then we fly home Monday.  We need to test on Tuesday.  As soon as the day is available I will schedule our tests.  We fly out Wednesday....cruise Thursday!

Ok folks, that’s it for pre-cruise travel day.  Going to start a new thread with the actual name of the ship we are sailing, The Sunrise.  Major cruise critic woops!  Wrong name of the ships- we are rusty…

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Yea I am sweating this one.   The weekend before we cruise we will be in Orlando meeting up with my inlaws for a few days.   Then we fly home Monday.  We need to test on Tuesday.  As soon as the day is available I will schedule our tests.  We fly out Wednesday....cruise Thursday!

Sounds like you might be on the same sailing that i’m on.

• Like 1