Miami hotel w definite port views

OliviaAdventurer

17 hours ago, OliviaAdventurer said:

Please share hotels in Miami where I can be guaranteed to see my cruise ship pulling in on the morning of our cruise. Thanks in advance.

When you book the Intercontinental request a bay view room. 

On 10/3/2021 at 2:20 PM, OliviaAdventurer said:

Please share hotels in Miami where I can be guaranteed to see my cruise ship pulling in on the morning of our cruise. Thanks in advance.

Doubletree Biscayne Bay. Probably will have to request a port view room.

• Like 1

I checked the Holiday Inn - they only had a suite left (as far as rooms facing the bay).  I tentatively booked that - though we'd rather pay less!    I looked at the Intercontinental. They are sold out for the night before our cruise (Saturday, March 5th - cruise starts March 6th).  I checked the Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay (that was also mentioned above).  They have rooms - but even a regular Double or King Bay View runs from $441 (in which case that's about the same as the Holiday Inn suite).  Are the views from the Doubletree better than the Holiday Inn (particularly for the Royal Caribbean terminal)?  Our cruise is on the Oasis of the Seas.

I looked at Mapquest - for other hotels close to the port.  Others near the port (though not sure of the views) include the Mandarin Oriental (looks too expensive, and appears to face the south side of the port), the W Miami, Hyatt Regency Miami, Marriott Marquis, Courtyard by Marriott Downtown, and the Leamington Hotel - Downtown.  

Has anyone stayed at one of these hotels and had a view of the port?  Are there others I should check?

Or should I stick with the Holiday Inn or Doubletree?  

Thanks for your help!  

Be careful with the Holiday Inn. They are up for sale and redevelopement. The latest pictures and reviews do not look good. I had a reservation setup but after doing research changed to the Hampton. I tried to get into the same days as you and they would not do Reward Night reservation.

12 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

We have a Doubletree reservation for a Bay View room with a balcony.  I also saw the Marriott Biscayne Bay has port views.  How do the views compare between these two hotels?  

Should be same they actually share the same huge lobby area with restaurants bars and stores.

On 10/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, George C said:

Should be same they actually share the same huge lobby area with restaurants bars and stores.

I'm booked at the marriott b. bay hotel in May, but the reviews aren't that good, says NOT updated, etc. anybody stay there recently

If you are wanting to see your ship clearly on the morning of departure, then anything which is on the same side as terminal J will be the Intercontinental and anything on the other side of the port will likely be Marriott … 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, George C said:

Love the view , great hotel , loads of restaurants in lobby area

I reserved 2 nights here in January ( suite with bay view balcony) at 40,000 Hilton Honors points per night.  The last time I checked it’s up to 160,000 points!  Yikes!  I like that there are several restaurants right there.  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, hollon said:

I'm booked at the marriott b. bay hotel in May, but the reviews aren't that good, says NOT updated, etc. anybody stay there recently

I was booked at Marriott Biscayne Bay- then received a confirmation email stating that they will be under renovations for our April trip. Called the hotel directly & they said that April will be the beginning of their pool/marina areas being renovated, plus she said they think the renovations will last until December 2022.

Here's the line in the confirmation email that made me question(then cancel) the reservation: Due to facade enhancements, guest room balconies will not be accessible and work may be noticeable in the front drive. Noise may be heard between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:01 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

I was booked at Marriott Biscayne Bay- then received a confirmation email stating that they will be under renovations for our April trip. Called the hotel directly & they said that April will be the beginning of their pool/marina areas being renovated, plus she said they think the renovations will last until December 2022.

Here's the line in the confirmation email that made me question(then cancel) the reservation: Due to facade enhancements, guest room balconies will not be accessible and work may be noticeable in the front drive. Noise may be heard between 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday.

oh, I think I'll find a new hotel. Shoot!

I contacted the manager at the Marriott Biscayne Bay.  For our March stay, he said that our room would not have any view blockages/issues (we reserved a Junior Suite King Bay View).  However, the pool is closed.  They contracted with another hotel for pool use.  We were just there for the one night pre-cruise, so the pool isn't an issue for us.  We'll keep our booking.  If we were staying post-cruise, I'd have cancelled - as we'd have wanted the pool. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, kenb said:

Be careful with the Holiday Inn. They are up for sale and redevelopement. The latest pictures and reviews do not look good. I had a reservation setup but after doing research changed to the Hampton. I tried to get into the same days as you and they would not do Reward Night reservation.

Which Hampton are you referring to?  I was also looking at the Holiday Inn.  I remember seeing that after my last cruise and thought it would be convenient due to it's location.  Thanks for the heads up. 

19 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

Which Hampton are you referring to?  I was also looking at the Holiday Inn.  I remember seeing that after my last cruise and thought it would be convenient due to it's location.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Hampton Inn Bricknell   You won't get a view of the ships but there is much to do in that area.

• Like 1