CRYSTAL AND FANTASY CAVES

vadersprincess12

1 hour ago, cookrug said:

Is it better to do an excursion to see them or see them on your own?

2 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello Everyone ~ looking for those who have done the Crystal and Fantasy Caves tours.  I've been looking at videos and they look beautiful.  How do you feel this excursion would be for someone who is not a fan of enclosed spaces?

Neither cave is huge. The more beautiful  of the two (Crystal) is in a small space but it does not feel that way to me. However there are 88 steps down and back up which are enclosed in a tight staircase.. That may bother you.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cookrug said:

Is it better to do an excursion to see them or see them on your own?

All the excursion will do is give you a ride there which you can easily do on your own either by taking a bus there or a taxi. The caves provide the guide as part of your admission ticket so all you would be getiing is a ride. I would only do an excursion if I had excursion credit. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

All the excursion will do is give you a ride there which you can easily do on your own either by taking a bus there or a taxi. The caves provide the guide as part of your admission ticket so all you would be getiing is a ride. I would only do an excursion if I had excursion credit. 

I'm trying to use up FCC that are in my account and I'm told the only thing I can use them on is an excursion or another cruise.  After this one I don't plan to sail with NCL.  I'm so frustrated because my original sailing was cancelled numerous times by NCL due to Covid, which I totally get, but each time I went to reschedule somehow it was costing me more out of pocket even though we were getting an additional percentage of FCC.  The last reschedule, number 6, it was over $300 out of pocket.  And I don't like the fact that you have to pay to spend time in the adult only area.  That's not the case on some other cruise lines.

17 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Thank you for this. I’m currently booked on a Caves/Aquarium excursion and it’s $200 total for the both of us. I looked up the admission pricing and it’s so much lower. I guess I’m concerned about transportation coming to a halt, so I’m keeping the excursion until last minute.

• Like 1