2021 Caribbean itineries

mumcat

We are booked on the Explorer cruise from  Miami departing December 20. We have not been told that there are any changes to the itinerary but I have read elsewhere that Aruba has been removed from a different  itinerary plus a friend sailing later this month on a Seabourne cruise said that St Kitts has been removed from their trip. Has anyone booked on the earlier Regent Caribbean cruises been told of any changes?

I am also wondering about testing requirements for each island. I have checked all the relevant authorities and with only one exception, they all require a negative PCR test . I certainly don't want to be tested for each of 9 islands but I assume that we can use a test result on more than one island . Has anyone heard anything about this?  

Thanks, Mumcat, for starting this topic.  DH and I booked this cruise after our leg of the 2022 WC on Mariner was cancelled.  Booked it due to being able to sail without a flight to the embarkation port and due to some new ports we have not visited in the Caribbean--including St. Kitts.  Will be watching for changes and protocols.  Hope to see you in a few months.

• Like 1

We're literally in the same boat...Dec. 20 thru Jan 3. Have heard nothing about port cancellations or testing protocols....I'd like to think that anytime time now, we "should" hear something. We have a very reliable TA who does a lot of business with Regent....will hope that as soon as she knows anything, we'll know.

• Like 2

It is interesting to follow the threads of some of the lines that have been sailing up til this point in the Caribbean. There have been numerous changes in the last three months driven by changing port restrictions. Islands have been added, deleted, restricted, and opened up again. I’m guessing Regent won’t say anything until just before sailing as it is so likely to change. My personal opinion is that it is a bad time to sail if you are doing so for specific islands. If you want to enjoy the ship and a few beach days you can have a great time.

I'm usually a big planner, but I’ve decided I need to let it go for the next year. We will get on our cruise and go with the flow. If we need to mask we will. If we change our ports, we will explore our spontaneous side. In 2023 we will go back to planning. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I completely agree with you about planning for a specific port. Who knows what'll be happening by Dec. 

We look forward to going, no matter where Regent takes us, even if it's sailing circles in the Caribbean.

We've been to many of these ports before so the world will not end if we don't get to specific ones.

We would be completely happy to just let Regent drop grapes in our mouths and refresh their good cocktails as well as keeping the champers coming and the supply of crab legs in abundance in Prime 7!!

• Like 6

The December 20 Explorer cruise is scheduled to stop at St Vincent which has been devastated by volcanic eruption. Anyone think we will go there ? Is regent allowing passengers to hire private drivers on these islands ?

I’d love to know the answer to the OPs question. We are less than 24 hours away from booking the Nov 15 Explorer 24 night cruise which basically hits a lot of  Caribbean ports. No clear answer on what the specific entry protocols are.  I can only assume Regent will be handling it….I do not want to have to apply myself to enter over 20 different countries, each with different testing/ entry requirements.  I am wondering if we are crazy for even considering this trip!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunprince said:

I’d love to know the answer to the OPs question. We are less than 24 hours away from booking the Nov 15 Explorer 24 night cruise which basically hits a lot of  Caribbean ports. No clear answer on what the specific entry protocols are.  I can only assume Regent will be handling it….I do not want to have to apply myself to enter over 20 different countries, each with different testing/ entry requirements.  I am wondering if we are crazy for even considering this trip!

We are booked on a Danube river cruise with Crystal in three weeks.  The cruise visits four countries, all of which have their own entry regulations (despite EU membership).  Passengers are on their own for fulfilling each requirement, BUT Crystal put together a booklet (sent in email and posted on their website) with a link to each country's official website with entry protocols.  So, while the responsibility is on the traveler--which I believe is right--there is one-stop shopping for what you need to do, rather than forcing each passenger to search for each country (and hope you found the official site).  This would seem to be a fairly easy thing for Regent to do as well and in line with the practices of another luxury cruise line. 

The booklet also lists testing centers in every disembarkation port where passengers can book their COVID-19 tests required for flights to the United States.  (Not a thing for the Miami-Miami itineraries, I know.)  They also have set up a portal with the companies doing their embarkation testing where you select a time frame for your test.  This is likely much easier with a passenger load of around 100 (versus whatever Regent is allowing for its Caribbean sailings in 2021), but I was impressed with the level of organization and ease of reserving a test.

We received an email today from Regent with our "Preliminary Vacation Summary."  First time we received one of these--four previously booked cruises with Regent were cancelled by the line.  Maybe this one will finally sail!  All the ports look to be the same as in the advertised itinerary, but I realize it is still a long way to sailing.

59 minutes ago, loriva said:

We received an email today from Regent with our "Preliminary Vacation Summary."  First time we received one of these--four previously booked cruises with Regent were cancelled by the line.  Maybe this one will finally sail!  All the ports look to be the same as in the advertised itinerary, but I realize it is still a long way to sailing.

For what cruise did you receive the Preliminary Vacation Summary.  We are on Explorer Dec. 9 - Jan. 3, 2022

1 hour ago, dodgerdoug said:

Grandkids6,

Just to jump in, we are on the Explorer 12-20 to 1-3 and we received the same emai from Regent summarizing our cruise plans. You should be getting one soon.

Same cruise, same info....all seems to be as originally booked, however it's still early.

Had to tweek our return air, as it was an insane itinerary. TA contacted Regent and now it's perfect.

There aren't enough accolades for a good TA.

I received an email, from Regent today regarding the December 9, 2021 Explorer cruise:

“The Regent Family looks forward to welcoming you aboard in a just a few short months. As you begin preparing for your voyage, please click here or on the link below to refresh yourself on our most recent Health & Safety Protocols.

Regent SailSAFE Health & Safety Program

“As a reminder, if you have not done so already, all guests are required to complete the Guest Registration process. Completing this process is simple and takes only a few minutes. Guests must visit RSSC.com/MyAccount, access the reservation and click the “Complete Guest Registration, Health Attestation & Ticket Contract” link. We’ve prepared a quick and informative step-by-step guide, which can be found here, to help. Please ensure that every guest on your reservation completes this process.

“We will be back in touch approximately 30 days prior to your cruise embarkation date to provide any additional updates. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the numbers below. Our commitment is to offer you the safest and most enjoyable cruise possible — we are here to help.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

“Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:
• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
• United Kingdom: 02380 682280
• Rest of Europe+44 (2380) 682140
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486”

Unless something drastic changes between now and December 9, I think the Explorer will sail.

Dave