Yikes!

Rosy Season

In the past week I have booked 6 cruises spanning from this Thanksgiving through next Christmas.  Three are solo and three with my mini-me.  Two are B2B.  4 on RCI, 1 on NCL (Hawaii!) and one on Carnival (Mardi Gras).

I think I have an addiction lol.  But I can’t wait for the fun to begin on my year of travel.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

In the past week I have booked 6 cruises spanning from this Thanksgiving through next Christmas.  Three are solo and three with my mini-me.  Two are B2B.  4 on RCI, 1 on NCL (Hawaii!) and one on Carnival (Mardi Gras).

I think I have an addiction lol.  But I can’t wait for the fun to begin on my year of travel.

Sounds like you'll have a great year!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Sounds like you'll have a great year!!!!!

After these past 18 months….whew!  The challenges of this year really put a lot of things into perspective. I don’t want to wait to live my life anymore!

I decided to splurge and do a sabbatical travel year in between work.  I probably won’t get another chance until after my daughter is older so I’m going for it now!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

Good wishes to you for all of these cruises to sail!

• Like 1

You might be able to fit a couple more in, maybe not so much your credit card! 😁 

I have my first solo cruise coming up in 18 days to Mexico on the Koningsdam.  Have another of my Bucket List cruises booked solo in Jan. 2023, Singapore to Hong Kong.  I am with you, life is too short, I want to see these places while I still can!  Any tips you might have as a solo cruiser is appreciated!

18 hours ago, localady said:

You might be able to fit a couple more in, maybe not so much your credit card! 😁 

I have my first solo cruise coming up in 18 days to Mexico on the Koningsdam.  Have another of my Bucket List cruises booked solo in Jan. 2023, Singapore to Hong Kong.  I am with you, life is too short, I want to see these places while I still can!  Any tips you might have as a solo cruiser is appreciated!

If you like the ship and the cruise, think about going again next April on the 10 day itinerary.  Sailing up into the Sea of Cortez is wonderful, Loreto is a great walkable port, and you might see spawning whales, too!! 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, Rosy Season said:

I'm right there with you!  

I have 8 booked, and the last two are AFTER I reach Pinnacle on RCCL in May of next year.  I got the Pinnacle "free cruise" (that's a misnomer, BTW) booked!  I figured I better get it booked before the end of this month when their Cruise With Confidence policy date ends for refunds/credits if you cancel up to 24 hours before sailing.

Fingers and toes crossed, and it's hard to cross toes..............................

29 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm right there with you!  

I have 8 booked, and the last two are AFTER I reach Pinnacle on RCCL in May of next year.  I got the Pinnacle "free cruise" (that's a misnomer, BTW) booked!  I figured I better get it booked before the end of this month when their Cruise With Confidence policy date ends for refunds/credits if you cancel up to 24 hours before sailing.

Fingers and toes crossed, and it's hard to cross toes..............................

I actually started booking cruises into 2023…so the cruise with confidence didn’t apply 😞

I am going on a cruise today and sailed in July to Greece and August to Alaska😀 I am in Lisbon right now so this is 3 cruises in 4 months! I have another in Dec 15 nights to the Carribean too. Sounds like we are making up for lost time😀 and I have a B2B in April for 17 nights too!

• Like 2

Good for all of you!  I retire later this month *cheer* and will definitely be on the lookout for cruises.  At the moment I only have one booked (but it's 17 days!) and I'm also hoping to fit in a month or so in Europe this winter for a long stay somewhere along or near the Mediterranean to test out an idea I have for my future living plans (which would involve selling my house in Florida and becoming a Maine resident but spending my winters slow traveling in the warmer parts of Europe) so I need to figure out how to fit more cruises around that...and of course also look for bargains on cruises even more than usual now that I will be living on a smaller income.

I am so thankful to have all of these possibilities open to me.   I'll be interested to hear about all of your cruises--please post reviews and ideally in the Solo Cruisers forum.  And enjoy! 🙂

• Like 2