Can Adults have the Childrens drinks package?

lambinator1982

I am sorry if this has been answered elsewere.  We have noticed on the personaliser that it appears that Adults can have the Chirldrens drinks package - This would appeal to us as we only want soft drinks like Coke lemonade etc  (no mocktails etc) The website allows you to book and pay for it just don't want to put us in a tricky position once on board. 

I have been having trouble getting hold of P&O to confirm - our travel agents says its fine but we want to be sure

image.thumb.png.d9e6000be55a79b9cf825ab09889e615.png

9 hours ago, majortom10 said:

According to website Children's Drink Package says in T&Cs that it is only available to 16yrs of age and under.

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/marketing-assets/onboard-activities/all-inclusive-beverages/childrens-drinks-terms.pdf

I must be missing something?

Can't see anything on that document that actually says adults can't buy the children's drink package?

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Can't see anything on that document that actually says adults can't buy the children's drink package?

Surely the clue is in the name - Children's drinks package. A child on P&O is 16 and under.

4 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

Surely the clue is in the name - Children's drinks package. A child on P&O is 16 and under.

But like the OP says you can purchase it for an adult or a child on the P and O website ?

And is there any logical reason why adults can't be allowed to buy a soft drinks package if they don't drink alcohol ?

Should it just be called soft drinks package?

Or should adults be stopped from purchasing on website and it be specifically stated adults are not permitted to purchase on the document (which it doesn't say as it stands)

If I was the OP and wanted to purchase as an adult I would go ahead and purchase and if not allowed to use on board they will have to credit back etc 

IMO

• Like 1

Macdonalds allow adults to buy children's meals

Many restaurants allow adults to buy kids meals

I don't even think £7.95 for soft drinks for the day is that good a deal tbh. 

It's about right for customer and the ship

Is it just marketed as childrens drinks package as thats who it's mainly  aimed for but they don't stop adults buying it if they want?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

your missing something the first sentence under Package details and qualifications says "This package is included for any children aged 16 and under travelling in the same cabin as adults purchasing the Ultimate drinks package".

• Like 1

Isn’t all this just another example of sloppy wording on the P&O website? Why can’t they just get someone to read and check their content from a customer point of view - it would surely save a lot of uncertainty and the need to contact them! 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Isn’t all this just another example of sloppy wording on the P&O website? Why can’t they just get someone to read and check their content from a customer point of view - it would surely save a lot of uncertainty and the need to contact them! 

Sadly not the first time that it has appeared that P&O's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing - and no doubt won't be the last...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

your missing something the first sentence under Package details and qualifications says "This package is included for any children aged 16 and under travelling in the same cabin as adults purchasing the Ultimate drinks package".

That actually suggests to me if you buy an alcohol package then any kids in your cabin get soft drinks package FOC?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Content reading and proof reading went out of the window many years ago. The corporate bean counters did not consider the checking staff grades as productive. I remember witnessing several embarrassing incidents after our 'unproductive' staff were got rid of.

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Or else someone at P&O head office has been downing too much wine to notice their sloppy mistakes. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:57 PM, lambinator1982 said:

I am sorry if this has been answered elsewere.  We have noticed on the personaliser that it appears that Adults can have the Chirldrens drinks package - This would appeal to us as we only want soft drinks like Coke lemonade etc  (no mocktails etc) The website allows you to book and pay for it just don't want to put us in a tricky position once on board. 

I have been having trouble getting hold of P&O to confirm - our travel agents says its fine but we want to be sure

image.thumb.png.d9e6000be55a79b9cf825ab09889e615.png

I know this was nearly a year ago but did you manage to purchase and use this package? I am also finding conflicting information. Thank you

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 9:16 PM, Kelly1980 said:

I know this was nearly a year ago but did you manage to purchase and use this package? I am also finding conflicting information. Thank you

I can confirm that Adults can purchase the 'Childrens' drink package - should really be renamed to soft drinks package in my opinon. 

• Like 2

An adult in our party had the childrens soft drinks package, and P&O were fully aware of the persons age.

The child in the cabin, his brother, also had same package. The other adult did not

this done August 2022

Edited by Orianababes

We had bought a soft drinks card on Oceana, though some years back now.  It was only available on the family ships, so presumably designed to be used for children, but they were still willing to sell them to adults.  Obviously the system is different now if it is only a package, but still worth asking when on the ship IMO.

18 hours ago, Orianababes said:

An adult in our party had the childrens soft drinks package, and P&O were fully aware of the persons age.

The child in the cabin, his brother, also had same package. The other adult did not

this done August 2022

Maybe if you purchase the drinks package on board thay will allow you to that? but if you purchase it via My P&O it not possible to select the drinks package for one passenger and not another.