Help please!

worldlady

Hi, We are two elderly ladies 80 & 84 booked on Carnival Glory in Jan 22 Rohatan, Belize, Cozumel. I booked it and invited my friend because I always wanted to visit Mayan ruins. Never considered it may be too difficult for us. My question is in Cozumel there is an excursion called Ultimate Combo Mayan Ruins Snorkeling & Lunch, we would not care about the snorkeling but the rest of the tour sounds doable . All of the other excursions just seem extremely difficult. Any and all insights and suggestions welcome. Also one more question please , are these ports all tender?

10 minutes ago, worldlady said:

Hi, We are two elderly ladies 80 & 84 booked on Carnival Glory in Jan 22 Rohatan, Belize, Cozumel. I booked it and invited my friend because I always wanted to visit Mayan ruins. Never considered it may be too difficult for us. My question is in Cozumel there is an excursion called Ultimate Combo Mayan Ruins Snorkeling & Lunch, we would not care about the snorkeling but the rest of the tour sounds doable . All of the other excursions just seem extremely difficult. Any and all insights and suggestions welcome. Also one more question please , are these ports all tender?

Only Belize is a tender port. Cozumel you should dock at Puerta Maya and Roatan, I would assume you would dock at Carnival's private beach Mahogany Bay.

I assume the tour you are asking about visits the ruins on Cozumel, which would certainly be much more manageable than the ruins on the mainland? Here is a recent thread that is probably similar although if you are snorkeling your beach is possibly, Playa Uvas.

Keep in mind these are very small ruins compared to the mainland ruins. These links may help you understand and decide.

https://www.cozumelparks.com/en/san_gervasio/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Gervasio_(Maya_site)

We enjoyed them but many are disappointed. From what I understand the ship tours just visit the main plaza of the ruins, which is not too difficult to access with reasonable mobility although there are some outlying ruins which require a significant walk.

Since you would be paying for snorkeling that you wouldn't require, I would also suggest you consider a private driver so you could customize your tour to visit places of interest to you. We have used ToursPlaza many times including to the ruins, (Eduardo could make suggestions depending on your interests and mobility), but there other companies that others recommend.

• Like 1

We did a Myan ruins tour when in port at Belize and it was an easy bus ride and a short walk with nice views of the ruins, followed by a bus tour of the city.  Other than the tender ride into the port it would be my suggestion.

The ruins on Cozumel are small, disappointing, and you will need to bring lots of bug spray.  If the tour goes to the mainland then you will experience an approximate 40+ minute ferry ride before you take a long bus ride to the ruins - no idea where they would take you along the coast to snorkel, but there are several spots near Tulumn.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, c-leg5 said:

Only Belize is a tender port. Cozumel you should dock at Puerta Maya and Roatan, I would assume you would dock at Carnival's private beach Mahogany Bay.

I assume the tour you are asking about visits the ruins on Cozumel, which would certainly be much more manageable than the ruins on the mainland? Here is a recent thread that is probably similar although if you are snorkeling your beach is possibly, Playa Uvas.

Keep in mind these are very small ruins compared to the mainland ruins. These links may help you understand and decide.

https://www.cozumelparks.com/en/san_gervasio/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Gervasio_(Maya_site)

We enjoyed them but many are disappointed. From what I understand the ship tours just visit the main plaza of the ruins, which is not too difficult to access with reasonable mobility although there are some outlying ruins which require a significant walk.

Since you would be paying for snorkeling that you wouldn't require, I would also suggest you consider a private driver so you could customize your tour to visit places of interest to you. We have used ToursPlaza many times including to the ruins, (Eduardo could make suggestions depending on your interests and mobility), but there other companies that others recommend.

A big YES to booking a private tour through Eduardo at ToursPlaza. They can help you make the most of your day.