RC Shuttle Service LAX to RC Ship at Port in San Pedro

I'm sure they will have a shuttle. But Navigator won't be sailing until November, so no one has used it yet.

Uber, Lyft and Cabs, Super Shuttle are also options. 

And Long Beach (LGB) is a closer airport than Los Angeles (LAX). :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

I am booked for April and RCL charged me Canadian 47 per person which is about 37 USD from LAX to port. I booked Air2 Sea so maybe this is the only way to get the shuttle. 

I'll check the Air2Sea options.  I just booked the shuttle at Galveston without the air part so will check for LAX.  Thanks.

DDawg

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

And Long Beach (LGB) is a closer airport than Los Angeles (LAX). :classic_biggrin:

Super Shuttle has gone belly up years ago. I read from one cc poster that Uber is not allowed to pick up at LAX. Not sure if it is correct or not.

3 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Super Shuttle has gone belly up years ago. I read from one cc poster that Uber is not allowed to pick up at LAX. Not sure if it is correct or not.

Okay thanks. It has been a while since we cruised out of Southern California. :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, sfaaa said:

It wasn't true when I was there Sunday.

LAX is undergoing major construction in advance of the Olympics in 2028.  They're redesigning the entire ground transportation system, and for now, you have to take a shuttle bus to a designated pickup area for Uber, Lyft, and cabs.  Buses run frequently.

From the LAX website:

"Lyft, Opoli, and Uber are the authorized providers for ride app services at LAX. If taking a ride app to LAX you can be dropped off directly at your terminal on the upper/departures level.

When leaving LAX, ride apps and taxis can be picked-up at the LAX-it lot next to Terminal 1. Guests can walk or take the free LAX-it shuttles to get to LAX-it."

• Thanks 1

If at all possible try using Long Beach Airport so much easier. Distance to the terminal is about 6 miles closer than  LAX and so much  less of a hassle.   The only drawback is less flights available.

Once LAX is done it won't  be as bad as it is now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

If at all possible try using Long Beach Airport so much easier. Distance to the terminal is about 6 miles closer than  LAX and so much  less of a hassle.   The only drawback is less flights available.

It'll be years till LAX is done; they have incoming ramps about 5 stories up in the air that don't connect to anything yet.  It's way overdue, one of the more difficult airports to navigate due to the volume and how long it's been.  Hopefully they wind up with a layout like ATL which, while taking up huge amounts of space, whisk passengers off to remote parking and rental car hubs (It takes a while to get to the rental car places at ATL, but it's predictable at least).  Not as optimistic that they'll get an easy rail link into downtown, but that's also an objective.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:37 PM, Coralc said:

I'm sure they will have a shuttle. But Navigator won't be sailing until November, so no one has used it yet.

I just changed my flight and hotel to Long Beach instead of LAX. TY for your post! DH has mobility issues and there can be a lot of maneuvering in L.A. that does not occur in Long Beach. Thank YOU!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:53 PM, Bleueyes44 said:

Checked with my TA this morning on RCI transfer service from Long Beach airport to ship and was told RCI does not offer service to/from long beach. What????

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

Checked with my TA this morning on RCI transfer service from Long Beach airport to ship and was told RCI does not offer service to/from long beach. What????

Uber is $10-$25 for everyone in the car from LGB to San Pedro, depending on the time of day.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually it was only last year, but they've since been bought out and relaunched.

Do you know what they are calling themselves now? Still super shuttle?

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

Do you know what they are calling themselves now? Still super shuttle?

yeah, but they are currently running private cars in most locations because of COVID (not share ride vans). So they are charging limo prices for their service

4 hours ago, Wink87 said:

LGB is a small airport, so there's not enough constant demand to fill a shuttle bus. Most larger airlines and cross-continental ones fly into LAX. Carnival has a shuttle from LGB, but their terminal is closer and they have more frequent year-round sailings. LAX used to have shuttle buses then went to downtown Long Beach for $10, but not for now, so I would call RC to ask to use their shuttle bus out of LAX or look for a shuttle van company, since it avoids having to go to an offsite location to catch an Uber or Lyft. If you're traveling light and are mobile, it's possible to get Long Beach on light rail and from there to San Pedro by bus, and there's a Long Beach bus that goes to LGB. 

Long Beach Airport may be small but I  still say its more convient.   I am actually flying out if there to FLL  next week and returning 2 weeks later.  I have flown to Seattle, Vancouver, East Coast and Toronto.   I always say if there is a way to make it easier I'll find it , I  truly hate all the hassle of flying. 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, DeputyDawg46 said:

I'll check the Air2Sea options.  I just booked the shuttle at Galveston without the air part so will check for LAX.  Thanks.

DDawg

I haven't been able to find the option to book Royal's shuttle from IAH to Galveston.  Where did you find it?

• 4 weeks later...